Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Spa is also open, I got a treatment and was able to use the facilities(sauna,steam,jacuzzi).
Are they requiring reservations for sauna, jacuzzi, etc.? We are about to check in for 10 night stay and spa is a favorite and factor for me.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by WalruSara
Are they requiring reservations for sauna, jacuzzi, etc.? We are about to check in for 10 night stay and spa is a favorite and factor for me.
I didn’t use the facilities without the treatment but I would suggest that you make a reservation for your first visit to the spa(I imagine they would want to limit capacity since it isn’t too large of a spa).
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Sounds like a steal how did you get it for so little? Enjoy your stay.Mighty fine hotel
I thought everyone stayed here on points 😊.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Robl
I thought everyone stayed here on points 😊.
And I thought everyone paid 900 euros and up a night. I know I would never redeem here Why is my nose growing?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
About to check in for a one night stay. Booked a regular king room using one of my free night awards and on the app it says the usual spiel about as a Globalist we’ve upgraded to a Park King Deluxe. There are Standard Park Suites available for booking for the next couple nights.

Even though I’ve been Hyatt Diamond/ Globalist for the past 12 years, this is my first time at the PH Vendome. We are actually at the Hotel du Louvre for the week but wanted to see the PH lives up to the hype before dropping some serious money on it in December., hence the one night stay.

is it normal for them to only upgrade one room category despite there being standard suites available at check in? If that’s the case, it’s already off to a poor start in my mind.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Even though I’ve been Hyatt Diamond/ Globalist for the past 12 years, this is my first time at the PH Vendome. We are actually at the Hotel du Louvre for the week but wanted to see the PH lives up to the hype before dropping some serious money on it in December., hence the one night stay.
Will be interested to see how they compare to you...considering the same pair of options, have done PHV a few times but never the HDL.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
About to check in for a one night stay. Booked a regular king room using one of my free night awards and on the app it says the usual spiel about as a Globalist we’ve upgraded to a Park King Deluxe. There are Standard Park Suites available for booking for the next couple nights.

is it normal for them to only upgrade one room category despite there being standard suites available at check in? If that’s the case, it’s already off to a poor start in my mind.
I am very curious on your take between this hotel and the Hotel du Louvre. We were trying to decide between the two hotels for next summer. Thanks
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I am very curious on your take between this hotel and the Hotel du Louvre. We were trying to decide between the two hotels for next summer. Thanks
We just checked in and of course the standard Park Suite disappeared in the few hours between when last I checked the website and our arrival 30 mins ago. We ended up in the Deluxe King room which is quite nice actually.

The 2 hotels are quite different but both are very nice options. Service is impeccable at both. I’ll come back and leave a final review/ comparison when we check out.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
is it normal for them to only upgrade one room category despite there being standard suites available at check in?
Yes.

That's why I used to husband my TSUs for this place, and peg them onto as long a stay as I could afford.

Even then, you don't often get a particularly stunning suite.

Still, there is a lot to be said for this place.
ceebee100 and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:33 am

I had concierge apply a TSU to my reservation is there anyway to check what room type they've confirmed? e.g. Park Suite Twin or Park Suite King. I had booked twin room and concierge said they've confirmed me to suite king which is great but those rooms are not available for cash/points so I find it a bit interesting that was possible.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:26 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by nas6034
I had concierge apply a TSU to my reservation is there anyway to check what room type they've confirmed? e.g. Park Suite Twin or Park Suite King. I had booked twin room and concierge said they've confirmed me to suite king which is great but those rooms are not available for cash/points so I find it a bit interesting that was possible.
Your concierge should be able to tell you what are the allowable suite upgrades at the hotel and what they have confirmed you in.
Though you might do better at arrival in my own experience
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Though I haven't stayed in the Park Suite, the "consolation" prize I believe (if you miss out) is that it's more of a Jr. suite, not that much bigger
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:32 am

We just checked in and of course the standard Park Suite disappeared in the few hours between when last I checked the website and our arrival 30 mins ago. We ended up in the Deluxe King room which is quite nice actually.

The 2 hotels are quite different but both are very nice options. Service is impeccable at both. I’ll come back and leave a final review/ comparison when we check out.
Checked out of the PH and went back to our room at the Hotel du Louvre. I can’t really compare the rooms because we have the Louvre Suite at the Hotel du Louvre (HDL) and just got upgraded to the Park Deluxe at the PH.

Both hotels have excellent service, but I’ll give the win to the PH due to the fact they called me by name and remembered your name. Again, both hotels were excellent on service.

Breakfast will go to the PH as well, not only for the options available on the menu, but also for taste. The eggs Benedict at both are good, but the PH is more like what we are used to in the USA, as well as the bacon.

Location wise, I prefer the HDL as there just seems to be more to do in that area within our price range.

In short, you can’t go wrong with either hotel and we will definitely try the PHV next time.
tjae, joachimm and PETERPNYC like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:16 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Does anyone have a contact for the concierge at this property? In general, have you had a good experience with them recently? It has been many years since I have stayed here (2014)
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Does anyone have a contact for the concierge at this property? In general, have you had a good experience with them recently? It has been many years since I have stayed here (2014)
Yes, their head concierge is still Dominique Guidetti. His email follows the normal Hyatt format. He is truly excellent and your in best hands with his team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.