Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rwm818
Just about to have my 1st stay here...prev Paris stays always at Louvre or Madeleine. Two nights...1 with cert, 1 with points. As many have said, this is an "aspiration " property like PH Sydney or PH Tokyo. Have always wanted to try it.
Staying as Globalist, no further upgrade tools...guess all depends on hotel once we arrive.

Just to confirm we definitely get full restaurant breakfast, correct? Do they still do room serv breakfast for Globs?
Any evening amenities? Drinks or snacks?
Anything else we can expect or request?
Thanks
You will get the restaurant breakfast, but that's it. Room service is not an option. As a first timer, you should review the posts here from over the past few years and temper your expectations accordingly. That way you'll avoid being disappointed and leave yourself open to being surprised.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by skj
You will get the restaurant breakfast, but that's it. Room service is not an option. As a first timer, you should review the posts here from over the past few years and temper your expectations accordingly. That way you'll avoid being disappointed and leave yourself open to being surprised.
When did the Globalist room service option end? I had it five mornings in January 2019, after being told it was an option.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The restaurant breakfast is a big buffet including hot items. Unfortunately champagne is not included.

My guess is that a first time Glob here will get a welcome note in the room with a bottle of wine and some small food item. There might be an additional small box of chocolates.

For just two nights, you might get a junior suite (room with sitting area and nice big bathroom) depending on occupancy.

If your room isn't ready when you arrive, you'll be invited to sit in the all day dining (snack restaurant) area off of the lobby for a comped drink. I ask for (house) champagne rather than coffee.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:15 am
skj

Originally Posted by beachfan
When did the Globalist room service option end? I had it five mornings in January 2019, after being told it was an option.
We were told it wasn't an option when we were there in late June 2019.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If your room isn't ready when you arrive, you'll be invited to sit in the all day dining (snack restaurant) area off of the lobby for a comped drink. I ask for (house) champagne rather than coffee.
When we showed up at ~9am in the fall, we were told we could have a full breakfast and have anything off the menu ^

(we also left the morning of our return flight before breakfast was open so still had a 1:1 ratio of nights & breakfasts )
Old Jan 12, 2020, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by skj
Globalist room service was offered to me in July 2019.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't opt for the restaurant unless you just can't get it together in the mornings. Well, I supposed there could be some other reason to not leave the room.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:24 pm
skj

Originally Posted by jgsx
Globalist room service was offered to me in July 2019.
The consistency at this property is amazing. Was the 20% discount voucher back for your stay too ?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by skj
Very strange.

As for "why" you would want to have room service, other than ILuvParis's reason , sometimes it's nice not to have to get all gussied up for breakfast. Many folks here (including me) have more than enough occasions to indulge in large lobby breakfasts; sometimes it's nice to stay in. Here's the spread that they brought me (comp as a Globalist) in late May 2019:

Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My wife and I got everything we wanted at room service, hot main , 2 sides (each) whatever fruit, juice, hot beverage we wanted and a bread/pastry basket so big we started asking them to send less. We were in a suite so breakfasting in our quarters was nicer.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
My wife and I got everything we wanted at room service, hot main , 2 sides (each) whatever fruit, juice, hot beverage we wanted and a bread/pastry basket so big we started asking them to send less. We were in a suite so breakfasting in our quarters was nicer.
As a Loyal returning Explorist we have the free Full Breakfast in the room option . We love waking up, having an Espresso in our Room ,and having Breakfast in our robes .
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Thanks for a the info...will see what we get and reply back here. Still very much looking forward to the stay, esp since it's my wife's first time in Paris.
We will be 4 nights @ Madeleine & 2 at PH
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Here now...no suite available (did check inventory and they were booked all the way up to the Prestige level). Even some celeb here. We arrived Sat afternoon and there were ~25-30 girls (mostly asian) outside on the sidewalk. My wife (also asian) went and asked a couple of them...seems some guy from one of the K-Pop groups is here...later that evening my wife saw him down in the lobby.

Did get the bottle of wine...enjoying our stay. Breakfast very nice. WE were told we can order the room service breakfast as Glob...we may do that for tomorrow.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rwm818
Here now...no suite available (did check inventory and they were booked all the way up to the Prestige level). Even some celeb here. We arrived Sat afternoon and there were ~25-30 girls (mostly asian) outside on the sidewalk. My wife (also asian) went and asked a couple of them...seems some guy from one of the K-Pop groups is here...later that evening my wife saw him down in the lobby.

Did get the bottle of wine...enjoying our stay. Breakfast very nice. WE were told we can order the room service breakfast as Glob...we may do that for tomorrow.
I’m here too. It’s Paris fashion week so most hotels are booked full. I booked two nights on points and was upgraded to a deluxe room. You? Did receive wine and offer of in room breakfast, too.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skj
The consistency at this property is amazing. Was the 20% discount voucher back for your stay too ?
Yes (answering for them)!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.