Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I have posted on this above, but, in brief:
  • This is not a big hotel
  • It is a luxury hotel
  • A lot of people who stay there are security conscious
  • These days, everyone in Paris is more security conscious than they were a couple of years ago.
  • The staff is plentiful ... and plenty aware of who everyone is.
  • So if they decide to look away at the trick you are proposing, it is because for some reason or another they have decided to let you get away with it.
  • Just don't count on this working due to their not noticing.
Thanks for the info
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:38 pm

Is P&C hard to come by here? I've been checking for my dates for the fall and went day by day and nothing. Is there a minimum stay requirement? I searched day by day as well as 7 night blocks. Or maybe I am just unlucky...

If I use a DSU/GSU, is it rare they will further upgrade you to say the Park Executive Suite? Not sure what the difference is..

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Mar 1, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Is P&C hard to come by here? I've been checking for my dates for the fall and went day by day and nothing. Is there a minimum stay requirement? I searched day by day as well as 7 night blocks. Or maybe I am just unlucky...
We stayed with points plus cash last May for four nights, so it is offered. It's a fantastic property. We also used a DSU and were upgraded again to an even nicer suite when they heard we were in Paris for my 40th birthday.

I long to go back. Truly top-notch property.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mbourgeois
We stayed with points plus cash last May for four nights, so it is offered. It's a fantastic property. We also used a DSU and were upgraded again to an even nicer suite when they heard we were in Paris for my 40th birthday.

I long to go back. Truly top-notch property.
Thanks! I'll keep checking back then.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A property is free to offer P+C whenever they want... or not.
So it's useless speculating why it isn't available.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
A property is free to offer P+C whenever they want... or not.
So it's useless speculating why it isn't available.
My question is not useless. It is a valid question to ask if P&C is common or not at PH Paris. Take for example Andaz Maui, P&C is extremely hard to come by there and has a min night requirement so it is good for someone that is new to that property to know so they can plan accordingly and not bother checking back if they deem that a waste of time. So my question is not useless if something similar to the Andaz Maui rule were to apply to the PH Paris.

Another example, you yourself posted in the Andaz Amsterdam thread that you never saw P&C there. That's a prime example and why it is not useless to ask my question.

I've never posted anything negative or mean on FT, but your comment was out of line. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Mar 1, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
My question is not useless. It is a valid question to ask if P&C is common or not at PH Paris. Take for example Andaz Maui, P&C is extremely hard to come by there and has a min night requirement so it is good for someone that is new to that property to know so they can plan accordingly and not bother checking back if they deem that a waste of time. So my question is not useless if something similar to the Andaz Maui rule were to apply to the PH Paris.

Another example, you yourself posted in the Andaz Amsterdam thread that you never saw P&C there. That's a prime example and why it is not useless to ask my question.

I've never posted anything negative or mean on FT, but your comment was out of line. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
Andaz Maui is the worst upon worst in the Hyatt system for anything other than exactly what you booked and paid for. I have had several incidents where they flat lied on my son's honeymoon. Thankfully I have "My Hyatt Concierge) but by the time it got resolved their honeymoon was nearing the end.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry, my mistake. Let me rephrase.... asking the question is off course a valid one. And here there have been plenty of cases when it was indeed made available.

But if you have been checking over and over again, it probably isn't (but it could still be made later in time).

Speculating WHY it isn't available isn't much use.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
So who's going to be the first to try and Vendome your way to a globalist suite upgrade
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
So who's going to be the first to try and Vendome your way to a globalist suite upgrade
should be interesting having just returned it will be awhile for me
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Booked 2 rooms for 4 nights in June with points. Applied a DSU to one of the rooms for a Park king suite, and will have the other standard twin connect.

Looking forward to our first trip to Paris!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

If I use a DSU/GSU, is it rare they will further upgrade you to say the Park Executive Suite? Not sure what the difference is..
I was able to find P+C and use a DSU here... last MArch... wierd thing is that I couldn't find P+C normally but I PM'ed the coneirge and asked them to search for P+C+DSU and they were able to book it for me....

As for as further upgrade I didn't get one.. I asked for options at check in but wasn't offerred.. there have been reports of people getting an offer extended at check-in for I think another 100 euros per night (which I would have taken). The Park Suite in my mind doesn't even qualify as a jr suite...

FDW
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Booked 2 rooms for 4 nights in June with points. Applied a DSU to one of the rooms for a Park king suite, and will have the other standard twin connect.
I am in a similar situation. Via Vendome Reservations eMail I was informed that
Park Suite King is available connecting with the Park Queen room, but not
Park Twin room. Can you please confirm if you are able to book Park Suite King connecting with the Park Twin?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSOGG
I am in a similar situation. Via Vendome Reservations eMail I was informed that
Park Suite King is available connecting with the Park Queen room, but not
Park Twin room. Can you please confirm if you are able to book Park Suite King connecting with the Park Twin?
This is the email I received a month ago

"It is our pleasure to confirm that our Park Suite King can be connected to a Park Queen or a Park Deluxe Twin and our Park Suite Twin can only be connected to a Park Queen. Please be advised the connecting rooms are subject to availability."

i made the reservation yesterday with a WOH rep. He also called the hotel directly and got someone involved there to make notes to confirm the adjoining rooms.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
This is the email I received a month ago

"It is our pleasure to confirm that our Park Suite King can be connected to a Park Queen or a Park Deluxe Twin and our Park Suite Twin can only be connected to a Park Queen. Please be advised the connecting rooms are subject to availability."

i made the reservation yesterday with a WOH rep. He also called the hotel directly and got someone involved there to make notes to confirm the adjoining rooms.
Were you able to book the Park Deluxe Twin with points?
Online shows only standard Park Twin or Park Queen available for 30k points, not Park Deluxe Twin, which is a higher category room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.