Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by gil123
I am having trouble convincing myself it is worth booking a cash and points rate (which comes to over $170 + 10k since you have to pay the resort fee) and burning a DSU vs a 20k award booking for the sake of one of those Parlour Suites since we are only there one night. The Murphy beds and room design in general look really cheesy and more like a double motel room than a high end suite. Really hard to tell from the pics that the rooms in this property were recently renovated.
I wouldn't waste a DSU on a one nighter even if it were for a penthouse suite unless I had no other use for it.

The furniture is not cheesy and of reasonably decent quality. It's all new. I think it's better than the old furniture, though I still hate the design of the rooms.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:15 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by gil123
I am having trouble convincing myself it is worth booking a cash and points rate (which comes to over $170 + 10k since you have to pay the resort fee) and burning a DSU vs a 20k award booking for the sake of one of those Parlour Suites since we are only there one night.
The Parlour Suites are a complete waste if you travel with 2 people. The first time we got one (years ago, before they sent the warning email), we didn't spend more than a few minutes in the second room during a weeklong stay. However, these suites are great value if you travel with more than two people -- you essentially get a second room for free. Two oceanfront rooms in Waikiki (with club access for 4) is pretty stellar value for your $170 + 10k, regardless of how cheesy the design may be. If you were to use points, you'd be looking at 40k for two rooms, and you may not get an upgrade and club access for the second room.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
In my experience the Parlor Suites are very useful if the two people are on a different sleeping schedule. The early riser can read/ watch TV while the other sleeps.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just a quick update on our nine night stay......we had a fabulous time. We booked the 'no balcony access' and got a sort of upgrade to a city view room but we moved for the last two nights to our favourite tower/floor/room.
The difference was amazing .
HUGE thank you to Melody for helping us throughout our stay
And, as usual, the Club team are all so kind and welcoming.
Cant wait until our next stay in February.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by frogss29
Just a quick update on our nine night stay......we had a fabulous time. We booked the 'no balcony access' and got a sort of upgrade to a city view room but we moved for the last two nights to our favourite tower/floor/room.
The difference was amazing .
HUGE thank you to Melody for helping us throughout our stay
And, as usual, the Club team are all so kind and welcoming.
Cant wait until our next stay in February.
You can thank people like mysef who bit the bullet with this propertyband complained straight to corporate on the behavior of this property. They seem to have relaxed it's "policies" a bit. It's too late for me. I booked 26 nights for the next 4 months at the Westin Moana.

The games they played with me cost them 26 nights. Sadly, the lounge staff is great and I will miss them but too many games by the management team.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
You can thank people like mysef who bit the bullet with this propertyband complained straight to corporate on the behavior of this property. They seem to have relaxed it's "policies" a bit. It's too late for me. I booked 26 nights for the next 4 months at the Westin Moana.

The games they played with me cost them 26 nights. Sadly, the lounge staff is great and I will miss them but too many games by the management team.
Let's all hope the new owner brings this place back to once it was ! I think the "relaxing" maybe more of the new ownership taking hold, in any event it's better than Blackstone
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:51 am

Resort Fee?

Those who've stayed recently: are they still waiving the resort fee for diamond members?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No, the fee is charged to everyone on a paid rate. If you're on an award, it's waived.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by jxwo
Those who've stayed recently: are they still waiving the resort fee for diamond members?
It was waived for us
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by frogss29
It was waived for us
I didn't have to pay it either, a couple months ago (long after the reports of it being charged to Diamonds started), but I'm inclined to think it was "forgotten" rather than "waived."
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was charged..
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
I have been charged since the beginning of the year. Every time.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:54 am

They charge it for Diamonds now.

I'm also here on an award stay at the moment and I'm glad to report the lobby once again has an actual ceiling. It's still not fully painted, but is much better than what was (or in this case, was not) there previously. They also got rid of that stupid wall by the money conversion booth that made you walk all the way around it to get to the Diamond Head tower elevators.

I've been here every few months since November, and I'm seeing good improvements.

That being said, I'm in a Waikiki room on points since I didn't want to spend $600 on a one night stay. They mentioned Diamond at check-in. Said nothing about breakfast, didn't give me the key card thing you need for breakfast and didn't ask about the Diamond amenity, so I guess I'll get extra points when I have to call in once the stay "posts" in a few days. I know award stays don't count for credit, but from the parking fee and a few other things there will be points posting, so I'll know what happened then.

Also, was there a change to breakfast? I used to be able to do Shore or the Regency Club, but they are telling me Diamond only gets the Regency Club for breakfast which has not been my experience over several visits the last six months.

Last edited by Frindle; Jun 22, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Frindle
Also, was there a change to breakfast? I used to be able to do Shore or the Regency Club, but they are telling me Diamond only gets the Regency Club for breakfast which has not been my experience over several visits the last six months.
I was under the impression that the Regency Club was the only source for the Diamond breakfast perk, and that SHOR's breakfast service was not covered.

If SHOR is included with the free breakfast perk, can someone confirm this? On my last stay, we opted for breakfast at SHOR but paid for it.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
I was under the impression that the Regency Club was the only source for the Diamond breakfast perk, and that SHOR's breakfast service was not covered.

If SHOR is included with the free breakfast perk, can someone confirm this? On my last stay, we opted for breakfast at SHOR but paid for it.
Shore was only an option when the club was closed Anytime there is a RC that's your breakfast ! For better or worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.