Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
With regard to me end-August scheduled stay with DSU, I sent a note two days ago to the Diamond Desk asking them to clarify when construction will end (so far no response).

Is there anything else I should ask about?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
The construction has been going on for many months. I was there a week ago. It looks very close to finishing.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mmgm
The construction has been going on for many months. I was there a week ago. It looks very close to finishing.
I was there a week ago, I'm not sure we stayed at the same place. The common areas have a ways to go. I was told a year by the front desk.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I was at this hotel last October. Construction in the lobby area had already started.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by frogss29
Have any Diamond members who had booked a 'no balcony room' stayed yet and been upgraded??
Yes to ocean front , did not even have to ask
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
Yes to ocean front , did not even have to ask
Got the email 'welcoming us' next week. And pointing out we booked the balcony room and there is no guarantee we will be upgraded because it is near capacity.
Fingers crossed they won't be full
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Got the email 'welcoming us' next week. And pointing out we booked the balcony room and there is no guarantee we will be upgraded because it is near capacity.
That's almost a standard letter with this property. If you get what you booked your doing fine. Good luck and enjoy
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
In addition, the Diamond Head escalators (that you would take from the Valet Parking area to get to the lobby) are now blocked off entirely. And by blocked off, the DH escalator entrance is completely walled off by dry wall and guests will either have to:
a. Take the middle stairs from the 1st floor up to the 2nd floor/lobby
b. Or walk all the way to the Ewa/opposite side to the escalators or elevator up to the second floor.
Update: Checked in this weekend and the Diamond Head escalators are back in use and fully functional. Pretty quick work.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Sorry to tell you this, but several staff mentioned that next week will be one of the busiest of the year. We got an Oceanfront upgrade this weekend but RC staff said next week would have the highest occupancy rate so far.

Have a good stay, regardless.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
Sorry to tell you this, but several staff mentioned that next week will be one of the busiest of the year. We got an Oceanfront upgrade this weekend but RC staff said next week would have the highest occupancy rate so far.

Have a good stay, regardless.
Oh well........it is what it is and we will make the most of it
We go to Waikiki every year so hoping that bumps us up on the upgrade list.
We aren't in the room much but hoping we get a good view
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:49 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Blackstone Group LP has reached an agreement to sell the leasehold interests in the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa for $800 million to Mirae Asset Global Investments, according to sources close to the deal.

Honolulu Star Advertiser article here
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Blackstone Group LP has reached an agreement to sell the leasehold interests in the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa for $800 million to Mirae Asset Global Investments, according to sources close to the deal.

Thankfully !
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:12 am

Very interesting. Bought by a Korean company. The article mentions that the hotel was conceived as an "opulent" resort. How the mighty have fallen.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Very interesting.

Same group owns the Four Seasons Sydney, Four Seasons Seoul, Fairmont Royal Orchid and Fairmont San Francisco.

Based on the types of properties it acquires, I view this as a positive development, at least in terms of where they likely want to position the property.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Very interesting.

Same group owns the Four Seasons Sydney, Four Seasons Seoul, Fairmont Royal Orchid and Fairmont San Francisco.

Based on the types of properties it acquires, I view this as a positive development, at least in terms of where they likely want to position the property.
Considering GS looted the place, then Blackstone continued the something all the while continuos reducing the level of service and absolutely no maintenance other than "lipstick" for years. What work was done was "cheap charlie" class!!!

So I think and sincerely hope is that the level of service will be brought back if not to at least close to when it was owned by a Japanese businessman. First thing should be the attitude of the "back office" front desk people are great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.