Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Based on my experience and others reported in the thread, they have become much stingier at this property with Diamond upgrades regardless.

Although I would hope the service recovery will go the other direction for you . . . I suspect they're more likely to treat you well than dump you in the worst possible room.
I am sure you use "My Hyatt Concierge " as I do and even they have problems with this property! by the by Andaz Maui is another one. Hell you can get better service at the PHV in Paris than you can here !! But then they have a fantastic manager in Claudio
Old May 6, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Based on what the VIP Manager told me, it appears that the rooms are being remodeled and the balcony is locked out.
So if that's the case, it is not "No Balcony" only, it is "No Fresh Air" and "No View" as well.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That's entirely possible. I was in a Fairmont hotel where they locked out the balconies, and even the windows. They put paper over both.

I was very happy to only be there for 2 nights.
Old May 6, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
OK... I've been in this hotel dozens of times.... Where ARE the no balcony access rooms? I've never seen one. I thought they all had balconies.

That is, unless they are remodeling and some rooms have the balcony locked out.
This is what I was told as well when we moved to a newly renovated room for a night back in 2014. But the balcony door did in fact open, and we did open it. And good thing that it did, because the smell of paint was still so strong in that room that leaving the balcony door open all night was the only way that we could sleep.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If that's the case, then there's no way I'm spending 9 nights in a room that reeks of paint fumes and the doors don't even open!
Old May 6, 2016, 5:16 pm

The interior renovations were done a while ago. When I was there in Oct, the exterior was being refurbished.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:51 pm

The interior renovations were done a while ago. When I was there in Oct, the exterior was being refurbished.
Great to know! Thanks, Mary!
Old May 7, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
This has been confirmed by GP Concierge and they are in the process of contacting the hotel for me. They (the hotel) will probably be vindictive and try to tell me that no upgrades are available anyway when I check in (which I know will be BS) just because I called them out!
Would be great if you could please keep us updated on this one, really interesting to hear the outcome. Bad move from the hotel to just try this stunt IMHO It's totally against the T&C and what I would expect from Hyatt! There is a reason that this rate is being offered, and yes, if renovations do take place this will impact the revenue during this time, however, this does not warrant to dilute listed benefits.

And yes, I guess that all future guests on this rate will be told that unfortunately they are sold out and no upgrade is available.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:31 am

If the hotel tries to tell you no upgrades are available, check the app to see what rooms are available for sale, show them, and also the GP T&C indicating you're to receive the best available room.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:55 am

If the hotel tries to tell you no upgrades are available, check the app to see what rooms are available for sale, show them, and also the GP T&C indicating you're to receive the best available room.
Mary, does this really surprise you ?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:20 pm

Just heard back from GP Concierge and they said they spoke with the hotel and this NO BALCONY rate is not eligible for an upgrade. My chances for an upgrade would be better if I booked the much more expensive standard rate. It appears I am SOL.

Such is life, it's not the end of the world. There are worse ways to spend $2,300!
Old May 7, 2016, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just heard back from GP Concierge and they said they spoke with the hotel and this NO BALCONY rate is not eligible for an upgrade. My chances for an upgrade would be better if I booked the much more expensive standard rate. It appears I am SOL.

Such is life, it's not the end of the world. There are worse ways to spend $2,300!
That's disappointing they apparently are unable to compel the property to follow GP T&C.

I personally would (and will) take my business elsewhere. From my perspective, Diamond benefits (particularly upgrade to Ocean Front) are the only reason to select this property over HHV.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:23 pm

What you said is true. My $2,300 is but a small drop in the bucket but I can take it to another property! I just canceled that 'deceptive' no balcony reservation and will be booking elsewhere!
Old May 7, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

I've taken the matter up with Jeff Zidell. This is a clear violation of Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I've taken the matter up with Jeff Zidell. This is a clear violation of Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions.
I agree and by the by I hear tell Jeff monitors this site. If you have status complain vertically and do not accept a simple form letter, Look the Hyatt in SF got banged for similar bookings or lack there of. This property is notorious for doing what their doing. I have canceled before and gone across the street to either the Marriott or the Westin. Not worth the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.