Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
To reiterate, breakfast at Shor was not a GP perk.

The lines in that place are usually so crazy at breakfast, I honestly have never had much interest in eating there.
walk down to Duke's
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:25 pm

There's some other place just east a few blocks that had crazy lines also at breakfast - Egg-something?

Shore didn't look much better/different than the Club.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
There's some other place just east a few blocks that had crazy lines also at breakfast - Egg-something?

One of the last of the cheap breakfast's around. It is the old old round tower old Holiday Inn design
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Michael Ad

Eggs 'n Things. Highly overrated. It became a 'thing' with the mostly Japanese tourists. There are far, far better places for breakfast.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Eggs 'n Things. Highly overrated. It became a 'thing' with the mostly Japanese tourists. There are far, far better places for breakfast.
They have locations in Japan too which is the explanation.

Also, I figured out why I confused the breakfast at Shor as being a perk. I may have written notes for Paris-Vendome in a page for this property. Woops.

Just completed a 8 night stay here. Was in 2461, Ocean Front, RC staff especially Mark and James (new guy only been there a few months) were great.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just completed 2 nights here on pts/cert. Had to haggle to get an upgraded room (not a suite, just an Ocean Front). Wound up on the 10th floor of the Ewa tower. Not the best, but better than a City View.

Resort fee and valet parking free as Globalist. Breakfast in the lounge is decent, but not as great as some of the previous reviews I had seen. Nice big thing of salmon out each morning, pastries, cold cuts, HB eggs, Chobani yogurt. Was out each evening, so didn't get to experience the evening spread.

Staff in the evening for drinks were great though, especially the guy manning the "bar". Hotel managed to provide the first concrete example I have seen since WoH began of a hotel still trying to go above and beyond the rules for Globalists. Alcoholic drinks are complimentary in the lounge! Everyone else has to pay. Quite nice to grab a drink and sit out by the fire pits on the deck in the evening
Old May 10, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Looks like resort fee has increased from $30 to $35 on May 1.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SF1K
With very little notice. The current Google cache for the resort fee page was captured on April 25 and there is no mention of the increase, but it is there now obviously
Old May 10, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
Because of course they have.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Because of course they have.
Looking at the old list and the new list of what is included, here are the tangible differences:
  • Premium wifi included now
  • Two bottles of water replaced with reusable water bottle and water stations
  • Children 5 & under eat for free from Childrens menu with paying adult
  • Local and 800 number calls unlimited free (instead of 60 minutes) - long distance and intl is still 60 minutes free
Old May 11, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Looking at the old list and the new list of what is included, here are the tangible differences:
  • Local and 800 number calls unlimited free (instead of 60 minutes) - long distance and intl is still 60 minutes free
sounds to me like the new ownership is tweaking I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt as their view of ownership is far different than was GC or Blackstone ^^
Old May 12, 2017, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Will those water bottles be in addition to the WoH elite benefit of water bottles?

And where can I borrow children 5 and under to use the "free" meal benefit?

Glad I didn't stay at that property in January. Doubt I will ever be back.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Will those water bottles be in addition to the WoH elite benefit of water bottles?

And where can I borrow children 5 and under to use the "free" meal benefit?

Glad I didn't stay at that property in January. Doubt I will ever be back.
Reusable bottle is in lieu of bottles of water per WoH T&Cs, though it looks like you can still ask for bottled water

Select Hyatt hotels and resorts may (at the hotel’s or resort’s discretion) provide guests with a reusable water bottle and access to filtered water filling stations. Guests at such hotels and resorts may receive the complimentary bottled water available pursuant to this benefit by asking a front-desk Colleague at the applicable hotel or resort.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:06 pm

Reusable bottle is in lieu of bottles of water per WoH T&Cs, though it looks like you can still ask for bottled water
reusable water bottles are not so bad depending on where their are from and if they are BPA free. Guess is China questionable contents
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:20 pm

Resort fee

So if I use my Chase reward points for 10 nights I will end up paying $350 resort fee and $350 self parking?
I emailed hotel but no response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.