Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mdaecher
and, how about some restaurant suggestions in the area? and happy hour bars? I try to stay as close to EST as possible, so I'll be eating very early Hawaii time
I always go to Marukame for udon and tempura when in Honolulu. Off hours you can avoid the long line.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out the Yokocho a few blocks away - they have my favorite LA ramen: Tsujita.

For classic Hawaiian, I like Ono (short drive; long walk).

Over in Chinatown, The Pig and the Lady.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Anyone stay here since March 1 and have any issues getting resort fees removed? I just booked 3 nights for mid March; they charge a two night deposit a week before arrival and that deposit includes the resort fee.

and, how about some restaurant suggestions in the area? and happy hour bars? I try to stay as close to EST as possible, so I'll be eating very early Hawaii time
We were there last week and were told as of March 1 they will no longer be removing resort fees.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diamond_46
We were there last week and were told as of March 1 they will no longer be removing resort fees.
No longer be *removing* them? On award stays?

Were they removing them before in some situation?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
With what justification? Are they now saying "we are not really a resort, so they are not-resort-fees"?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Anyone stay here since March 1 and have any issues getting resort fees removed? I just booked 3 nights for mid March; they charge a two night deposit a week before arrival and that deposit includes the resort fee.

Arancino, nice Italian Restaurant on the street at the Marriott. It's about a 3 block walk east down the main drag/along ocean. They also have a happy hour. But hey, your a Diamond/Glob, why not just eat in the club for free.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I don't know how they could not remove resort fees for a Diamond/Globalist. Globalists are not supposed to be charged resort fees beginning March 1.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just finished a two night stay.
No resort fee !!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Arancino, nice Italian Restaurant on the street at the Marriott. It's about a 3 block walk east down the main drag/along ocean. They also have a happy hour. But hey, your a Diamond/Glob, why not just eat in the club for free.
haha, thanks for the recommendation. While I have heard good things about this RC, and I do not specifically remember my singular stay there 5 years or so ago, I prefer to get out of the hotel for food, especially when you can walk to a lot of restaurants! I do often wonder how many people ONLY eat at concierge lounges though...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by josephstern
No longer be *removing* them? On award stays?

Were they removing them before in some situation?
I was told they would not be removing them as of March 1st. I did not pursue the discussion. In the past we had resort fees waived.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

Jun just contacted me for a stay in about 2-3 weeks. Looks good so far!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
After March 1, have anyone being charged resort fee for cash stay, P+C, or points only?

I booked P+C and the fee was there.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milemission
After March 1, have anyone being charged resort fee for cash stay, P+C, or points only?

Thanks!
Enjoy waived resort fees on free night awards and eligible rates:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by milemission

Thanks!

I assume by you saying "the fee was there" it is on your confirmation? I think it always shows there and the hotel needs to remove it at check-out.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SF1K
I assume by you saying "the fee was there" it is on your confirmation? I think it always shows there and the hotel needs to remove it at check-out.

Yes, the fee was there when I booked and is still on the confirmation. I don't know if the hotel will remove it. I want to use all-point but only P+C is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.