Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by frogss29
I think I remember reading previously that DSUs put you in an Ambassador suite at this property? When I tried to apply one for a week they said they use Parlour Suites for upgrades. Never heard of this type of suite and can't see it online. Is this new?
They do not. They don't even put you in a Penthouse suite. The Ambassador suites are on the 40th floor & have 2 bedrooms. The penthouse suites are fairly large and are true suites with a separate bedroom. They have a small wet bar area. Both have a powder room in the living room area and the ambassadors have a bathroom for each bedroom.

What you get with a TSU is a parlor suite, which is 2 rooms together with the adjoining door opened. One is a regular hotel room and the other is set up like a living room and has a Murphy bed. This also has a full bath.

You can use a TSU and ask what the upcharge would be for one of the other suites. I've paid it for the Penthouse suites. It's not a small charge.

Last edited by Mary2e; Jul 21, 2017 at 6:14 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Thanks for the info, Mary and M0hamed.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
never mind

Last edited by Kacee; Sep 17, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Old Sep 17, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just out of curiosity, was checking availability here for an upcoming Honolulu stay.

They are not offering regular award rooms on any night EVER, regardless of inventory. Just regency club rooms at 27K per night.

It's crap like this that reminds me why I wasn't willing to try for 60 nights this year.
So look does this really surprise you about this particular property or for that matter the Andaz Maui?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Just out of curiosity, was checking availability here for an upcoming Honolulu stay.

They are not offering regular award rooms on any night EVER, regardless of inventory. Just regency club rooms at 27K per night.

It's crap like this that reminds me why I wasn't willing to try for 60 nights this year.
I just put in some random dates and it came up with both the regular points rate and also C&P. What nights are you looking at? Make sure that you don't select a corporate rate code or any other kind of special rate (AAA) as I've noticed that sometimes messes up the point inventory that is displayed on the website.

Even looking at the week after next both regular and C&P is available.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SF1K
I just put in some random dates and it came up with both the regular points rate and also C&P. What nights are you looking at? Make sure that you don't select a corporate rate code or any other kind of special rate (AAA) as I've noticed that sometimes messes up the point inventory that is displayed on the website.

Even looking at the week after next both regular and C&P is available.
User error. Didn't see the additional tabs on the new web site. :facepalm:
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
There is a new GM starting next week. The old GM has gone to Orange County CA.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:35 pm

User error. Didn't see the additional tabs on the new web site. :facepalm:
LOL! Stuff like that happens to all of us. Haha!!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mmgm
There is a new GM starting next week. The old GM has gone to Orange County CA.
That should be a good sign that the new owners are changing things. Except the Orange County property was pretty good now what !
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by edgewood49
That should be a good sign that the new owners are changing things. Except the Orange County property was pretty good now what !
Orange County was fantastic. I wonder where the GM went! The Waikiki Hotel has been pretty bad the last 2 years ever since Jim and Hannah left.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Orange County was fantastic. I wonder where the GM went! The Waikiki Hotel has been pretty bad the last 2 years ever since Jim and Hannah left.
I agree why my "tongue and cheek" on their new manager.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Regency Club

I heard the Regency Club will be relocating to where The Colony used to be temporarily on or about December 10th while they do repairs due to a leak from the floor above.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by thekaica
I heard the Regency Club will be relocating to where The Colony used to be temporarily on or about December 10th while they do repairs due to a leak from the floor above.
Interesting- will try to confirm that over Thanksgiving. Rumor that RC may move to Japengo space as they sell so much RC access (outside of RC rooms and Glabalists that have access).
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by thekaica
Greetings from the relocated Regency Club.

Can't recall what this windowless space used to be but it is a large room on the 2nd floor quite close to the Diamond Head elevators. Word is repairs should take 5 weeks. FYI, this RC is no longer open 24hrs..Closing time is 10pm

Setting up the evening spread. Bar area to the right

Tiramisu for dessert.
​​​​​
Staff is still great! While I really miss the outdoor space, this room does have much more seating so I'm hoping jockeying for a table won't be as much of an issue at breakfast as in the past.

I hadn't read this thread lately so I was caught totally unaware of the change. Consequently, I learned of the RC's closure upon checking in.

I realize that repairs to the RC were necessary but notice should be given to alert reservation holders of the current temporary conditions. Neither the property website nor any other official notice mention the current club condition.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been in that space.

It was during the renovations of the lobby. This is where they put the front desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.