Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 pm

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10

got it, thanks! I just didn't want to save these for 2015 only to find they expired.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gbplesh
FWIW - I just applied for challenge two days ago. I tweeted @HyattConcierge asking for one through DM and they responded asking me to email screen shot of my Hilton status to [email protected]. Within minutes I was enrolled, no 36 hour wait.
I followed your advice but was met with "We need the account summary of HHonors by mail. Please send it to: [email protected]." I inquired whether I could do it through the social media team due to the standard address resulting in a bit of a delay and they asked me to e-mail [email protected] address for a quicker response. Sent it off to them immediately.

@HyattConcierge confirmed with their team that they received my e-mail, but no instant activation. Just waiting now. Will update when I get a response.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:41 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Congratulations, you have achieved Diamond status through February 2016 – and earned 6,000 bonus points – through your participation in the Hyatt Gold Passport® trial Diamond offer.

To quote my Staples button, "That was easy!"

Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
After waiting 36 hours, I became impatient and tweeted @HyattConcierge again. The representative took care of things in 15-20 minutes.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:46 pm

Is it still true that your status remains Diamond until the end of the month rather than exactly 60 days?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by BillyFlyer
Is it still true that your status remains Diamond until the end of the month rather than exactly 60 days?
Yes, it's in the WIKI
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, QF Gold
Does anybody know if this offer will be open till November 2nd? I read somewhere that the current offer is only open till Oct 31.

I have a lot of stays booked over the Christmas period (12th Night being Jan 2nd) and was hoping to make use of this.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:10 am

I have two stays coming up that would add up to 12 days. The first stay starts more than 60 days before the last stay ends. The end dates are within 60 days of one another. Does anyone know if, for a 6-night stay, whether they register towards the challenge on a day by day basis, or whether they lump together at checkout? I figure I could start the challenge during the first stay, in that case. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by karlmitchell
I have two stays coming up that would add up to 12 days. The first stay starts more than 60 days before the last stay ends. The end dates are within 60 days of one another. Does anyone know if, for a 6-night stay, whether they register towards the challenge on a day by day basis, or whether they lump together at checkout? I figure I could start the challenge during the first stay, in that case. Thanks!
You need 12 nights in a 60 day period. Any nights consumed outside of that period, even if part of a single reservation, do not count.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Just a quick question....do nights booked via Amex FHR and virtuoso count towards the challenge?

I have a 2 week Hyatt extravaganza in Japan upcoming and would dearly love to leverage status to my benefit.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Just a quick question....do nights booked via Amex FHR and virtuoso count towards the challenge?

I have a 2 week Hyatt extravaganza in Japan upcoming and would dearly love to leverage status to my benefit.
Yes - these are eligible rates and count for status as well as the challenge.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by md25
Yes - these are eligible rates and count for status as well as the challenge.
Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hi I got some questions here:

If I apply for the challenge with my IHG Status, the recent stay was a point stay. Would that count? Or it has to be a paid stay?

For the 12- night stay, would point/cash count, if they are available? Now I don't
see that available in the hotel/time that I choose.

When will point/cash available?

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by milemission

If I apply for the challenge with my IHG Status, the recent stay was a point stay. Would that count? Or it has to be a paid stay?

For the 12- night stay, would point/cash count, if they are available? Now I don't

Thanks!
Should count since I don't believe they clearly call out on summary screen award vs. paid.

As answered many times in previous pages, yes P&C counts as an eligible rate for the challenge. It will depend entirely on the hotel and may not ever be available. Purely at the hotel's discretion.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by milemission

Thanks!
You have to call to find out if P+C rate is available, you can't see it online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.