Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
just an update - my SO and I both applied and our 2 free nights
showed up in our accounts 3 days after $1000 spending posted on chase.com.
Already booked our 4 nights in a nice hotel
Nice! Were you able to combine his award certificates with yours under the same reservation?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by aceofcards
Nice! Were you able to combine his award certificates with yours under the same reservation?
No, even after contacting the hotel about an upgrade, they sent
the confirmation with 2 separate original conf numbers.
But I guess it doesn't matter really...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:21 pm

Gonna try for PH NY

Finally tried to book online with free night cert - PH NY 2 adults 1 child for Sept 13-15 but no availability for the base room Park King showing on Sept. 13 (Saturday). I had mistakenly thought the Park Deluxe King was the base room, so all this time I thought the room would be available - really from the room description it's a few sqft, but it's $100 more.

The Park King is available for booking on Sept 14 Sunday. I could move to a Sunday and Monday stay for now, and see if Sept 13 opens up. However, availability on Monday is an ADA Park Double (at least online). Would they really move us to a different room the second night? I guess I'll call in and find out...

Interestingly - the Park King is listed as 484-623 sqft but the ADA Park Double is 813 sqft. If they ask me to choose between the two room types to avoid a room change, I might try to get the bigger room. (I've never stayed in an ADA room before though...)

Just to verify, I can cancel the reservations and the "award stays" will be credited back correct? So it's better to book something now and keep checking back for my preferred date of Sept 13?

I wanted to ask BURover - Was the room type you booked on award for 9/22-24 the Park King?

Last edited by ENFO; Apr 28, 2014 at 8:38 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 11:26 am

Quick question for all of the experts in this thread--I recently received my card in the mail. However, two days later, my Hyatt tier is still showing as "Gold"--how long does it take the system to update my account to Platinum? I emailed Hyatt and they said it can take up to four weeks, but that seems a bit much.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hnlsjc
Quick question for all of the experts in this thread--I recently received my card in the mail. However, two days later, my Hyatt tier is still showing as "Gold"--how long does it take the system to update my account to Platinum? I emailed Hyatt and they said it can take up to four weeks, but that seems a bit much.
Mine was definitely up within a week of acceptance...yours should be up very soon.

A little OT, but platinum gained via cc works for status match to gold with the mLife players club in Vegas...not a huge deal but may be helpful for any stays with them.
Old May 2, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by mightyducksman
Mine was definitely up within a week of acceptance...yours should be up very soon.

A little OT, but platinum gained via cc works for status match to gold with the mLife players club in Vegas...not a huge deal but may be helpful for any stays with them.
Thanks, just signed up for this online. Appreciated even if OT ^
Old May 2, 2014, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by mightyducksman

Thanks for the quick response--right after reading your post, I checked again, and my account was updated. You must be a good luck charm!

^
Old May 10, 2014, 2:47 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
what is the best offer right now?
Old May 10, 2014, 5:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
what is the best offer right now?
Not to be snarky, but the best offer is the one mentioned in the wiki for this thread.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:32 pm

FYI: retention bonus in May 2014

Hi all-

Hope this is a good place to put this info in case anyone is wondering about retention offers...

Called in day before my 1st annual fee was due to see if they'd be sweet to me! After chatting with the agent about Hyatt's, etc I said I am not convinced this is the best c/c for me and maybe I should focus on my Marriott and SPG AmEx cards.

Smoozed some more with him and was getting nowhere. Finally, I came out and asked "are there any retention offers available if I were to keep the card?". The agent quickly began reminding me of all the INCLUDED benefits I already have (free anniversary night, upgraded status, etc). I jumped on the statement he made "free nights beginning at 5,000 points" - said "oh yeah, I didn't realize free nights started at only 5,000 pts. I was seeing mostly 20,000 point hotels. He explained about the 5,000 pt facilities and I asked him if they could give me 1,500 pts to put my account up to 5,000 so I could book a "lower level" hotel and see how they compare to low-end Sheraton's. He put me on hold 30 seconds and came back and said they would be happy to do that for me.

Ok, not all that great! lol But, I'll take it - it's more than I would have got without the 5 minute phone call. No making fun of me!

BTW: Yes, my anniversary night had already posted to my account a few weeks ago. We're using it in Palm Springs when we visit our (new) Marine at 29 Palms in June!

Godspeed all...
haydevin
Old May 13, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Not to be snarky, but the best offer is the one mentioned in the wiki for this thread.
I actually have the same question but specifically regarding the $50 credit. I am on the Hyatt site and see the sign up link for the card but it does not show anything about the $50 credit as stated in the wiki. I've browsed through this thread and am trying to sift through to find an answer.

Is there a specific link i should be looking for?

Also I have tried "booking" as well but there is no sign up offer on the booking page before i enter my cc information.

**** edit. Went even further back in the thread. Search reservations within the US. Foreign countries will not show the offer *****
Old May 13, 2014, 9:22 pm

Another dumb question--I promise I'll stop after this:

How long does it take after statement close for points to post? I'm expecting a large number of points and want to redeem for a free night. If my statement closes on the 24th of this month, how long will it take for the actual points to post?
Old May 13, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hnlsjc, there's nothing dumb about your question. Normally it takes 2--3 days after the close of a statement for points to post. The 24th is a Saturday this month, so your statement will close on Friday May 23. Points should arrive at GP between May 25--27.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
Hnlsjc, there's nothing dumb about your question. Normally it takes 2--3 days after the close of a statement for points to post. The 24th is a Saturday this month, so your statement will close on Friday May 23. Points should arrive at GP between May 25--27.
Thanks for the reply, Brendan! Seems like a pretty reasonable turnaround. Hopefully the points+cash availability I'm looking at doesn't dry up by then!
Old May 14, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
"REWARDING ESCAPES START NOW

Thank you for being a Hyatt Credit Cardmember. As an extension of our gratitude, we would like to help you celebrate with a new cardmember award.

Your award will be automatically posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account within the next 10 days and is valid for one year from issuance at any Hyatt hotel or resort, worldwide

Visit goldpassport.com to view your account and make a reservation
Whether you choose to enjoy a weekend escape or an extended vacation, we look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt."

I opened the card 4/21. Spent > $1,000 on 5/5. Just received this email 5/14. It's poorly written but just curious if this is the e-mail for 2 free night certificate?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.