Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, that seems to be the way to go.

I got a resolution after escalation:

For those who didn't read my complaint. The Grand Club was the Grand Club at Grand Hyatt Jakarta. Chase simply doesn't recognize Grand Club as part of Hyatt property. I understand some restaurants within Hyatt are franchised/licensed and are not run by Hyatt. Is there any Grand Club which is franchised/licensed?

I guess I have to check out at front desk instead of Grand Club. I will cancel Hyatt card when annual fee is due.
I didn't know know you could do this from a past experience I had but thought that I would suggest you give a try. Call the accounting dept of the hotel and ask if they can change the charge for you. Charge your card through the hotel and then reimburse for the Grand Club check out. Not sure if it will work but doesn't hurt to try. By the way, how did you escalate the matter?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I don't enjoy getting bent over a barrel so I'm going to pass on Hyatt's generous offer to convert my free nights to 40k points.
For the stays we'd do it would be beneficial to get the 40k points instead of the 2 nights. How did Hyatt offer you this?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I didn't know know you could do this from a past experience I had but thought that I would suggest you give a try. Call the accounting dept of the hotel and ask if they can change the charge for you. Charge your card through the hotel and then reimburse for the Grand Club check out. Not sure if it will work but doesn't hurt to try. By the way, how did you escalate the matter?
Not sure if this is worth the effort and it may or may not work. Jakarta is one of those high fraud areas where a signed charge slip is usually required.

The first phone agent gave me Grand Hyatt Jakarta is franchised BS. I called again and a more sympathetic agent said he will escalate it to his supervisor who will get back to me in writing. The resolution is in post #3023. Let me email Gold Passport and see if they will provide a list of Hyatt owned properties.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 2, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Anyone got any recent point offers on the hyatt card? Seems like there used to be an additional stay bonus or whatnot for card members. (I realize this annoys non-US members... but hey, its not worse than free diamond for all).

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Lucky you. I was denied over the phone, escalated it and received a written denial. I am not sure what to do or if it is worthwhile to pursue it further.
Do you have a Chase branch nearby? If so, I would bring them a copy of your folio and the denial letter and ask them to fax it to the appropriate department. That's what it took for me to finally get my points.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:58 am

This may have been mentioned already, but I didn't see it in the past few pages:

It looks like they may no longer notify you when you've met the minimum spend on this card and earned your certificates. I kept waiting for the email, and was a little concerned that it hadn't come. I finally logged in to my account, and saw that the two free nights were sitting right there, waiting for me. Thankfully it does have the expiration date listed, so you can determine when they were added to your account (important for Chase's 2-year rule).
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:57 am

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.
Should I call recon or wait for their decision?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:07 am

How many of you are using your Hyatt card every day? Sitting at 130k Hyatt points and I keep thinking I should put all restaurant spend on the Hyatt card. 2x Hyatt points seems pretty valuable

It is either that, or a 2% cashback card, or a 1x UR/MR/Airline mile earning card.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by factory81
How many of you are using your Hyatt card every day? Sitting at 130k Hyatt points and I keep thinking I should put all restaurant spend on the Hyatt card. 2x Hyatt points seems pretty valuable

It is either that, or a 2% cashback card, or a 1x UR/MR/Airline mile earning card.
I'm guessing when you say 1x UR/MR/Airline that implies you don't have the Sapphire Preferred? CSP is also 2x on restaurants, and the UR can be transferred to Hyatt, so I think that's a better option if you have it. If you don't have that one, I generally think 2x Hyatt beats 1x others, but that depends on how you use your Hyatt points and your other points.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by factory81

I was putting all of my restaurant spending on my Hyatt CC when I had it.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:16 am

I was putting all of my restaurant spending on my Hyatt CC when I had it.
It's gonna be my go-to dining card this coming year. Granted it will probably be sock drawer'd once I hit $40k and most spend will shift to Citi Prestige or something else with another bonus.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Frindle
It's gonna be my go-to dining card this coming year. Granted it will probably be sock drawer'd once I hit $40k and most spend will shift to Citi Prestige or something else with another bonus.
I thought you couldn't spend your way to status upgrades with the Hyatt card.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I thought you couldn't spend your way to status upgrades with the Hyatt card.
You can't BUT you do get extra stay credit/nights when you hit a certain spend amount.
•2 stay stay credits and 5 night credits after spending $20k in a calendar year
•3 stay stay credits and 5 night credits after spending $40k in a calendar year (so 5 stays and 10 nights in total after spending $40k)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:32 am

You can't BUT you do get extra stay credit/nights when you hit a certain spend amount.
2 stay stay credits and 5 night credits after spending $20k in a calendar year
3 stay stay credits and 5 night credits after spending $40k in a calendar year (so 5 stays and 10 nights in total after spending $40k)

5 stays / 10 nights after spending 40k ...is it a cat 1 to 4 ?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
5 stays / 10 nights after spending 40k ...is it a cat 1 to 4 ?
What do you mean? stays/nights have nothing to do with categories. It's just your credit. You need 25 stays/50 nights to reach Diamond. This just accelerates you reaching that number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.