Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Was able to get $306 My Elite rate for a weekend stay. The cheapest I have seen in a long time.
I often find a rate in the $300's Thursday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday. $306 is a really good rate.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K

For next weekend it's $400+ ;(
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
For next weekend it's $400+ ;(
Big conference in town - around 20,000 attendees - we're staying here but booked a year ago and applied a DSU.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:21 pm

I orginally booked two rooms for four people and used points to upgrade one of the rooms to a Splash Suite. Well, now one of the guests in my party cannot make it so I will have to cancel one of the rooms. What is the liklihood that the hotel will allow a rollaway bed or three peoople in the Splash suite?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Big conference in town - around 20,000 attendees - we're staying here but booked a year ago and applied a DSU.
Are you staying at this property this coming weekend or weekend of 5/9/14?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by mochi0172
I orginally booked two rooms for four people and used points to upgrade one of the rooms to a Splash Suite. Well, now one of the guests in my party cannot make it so I will have to cancel one of the rooms. What is the liklihood that the hotel will allow a rollaway bed or three peoople in the Splash suite?
FWIW, the website lists max Splash Suite occupancy as 2 people.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The hotel may disagree, but there's absolutely enough room for a rollaway bed in the Splash Suite. You may have to move the chair and table out of the way, but there's a lot of room for just two people (the same cannot be said for the certainty of privacy, of course).

There's also a couch that is plenty long for an average height person to sleep on, although someone further up the thread mentioned that the hotel made a comment about the sofa not being for sleeping (or something along those lines). There's a chaise in the bedroom that is also quite large and a person could sleep on it, as well.

I would call the property up and ask them what they can offer. Please share with the community, as it has been asked a few times without any definitive answers.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Stayed there last month and they were more than happy to bring a roll-away for a 3rd guest and another slept on the sofa. There was plenty of room in the Splash Suite for 3 people and just had to rearrange just a little bit to move the bed near the long desk/wall (near the entry way). Worked fine for us.

Originally Posted by jibi
The hotel may disagree, but there's absolutely enough room for a rollaway bed in the Splash Suite. You may have to move the chair and table out of the way, but there's a lot of room for just two people (the same cannot be said for the certainty of privacy, of course).

There's also a couch that is plenty long for an average height person to sleep on, although someone further up the thread mentioned that the hotel made a comment about the sofa not being for sleeping (or something along those lines). There's a chaise in the bedroom that is also quite large and a person could sleep on it, as well.

I would call the property up and ask them what they can offer. Please share with the community, as it has been asked a few times without any definitive answers.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by AA_SPG_Fan
Stayed there last month and they were more than happy to bring a roll-away for a 3rd guest and another slept on the sofa. There was plenty of room in the Splash Suite for 3 people and just had to rearrange just a little bit to move the bed near the long desk/wall (near the entry way). Worked fine for us.
Good to know! Did you have to request this in advance?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jibi

Thanks for the reply. Will do.

I also booked via Visa Signature Luxury hotel thing and upgraded with points to the suite so I will report back if I receive all the benefits of that.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Good to know! Did you have to request this in advance?
I did not request in advance; in fact, they saw we had 3 people in our party and they suggested the roll-away (no charge). They made the bed up w/ clean sheets each morning. It fit comfortably. They wanted to put it in the 'living room' in front of the tv, but it was better space to keep it out of the way and put it along the short wall near the long desk. Worked great for us and the sofa was comfortable to sleep on too.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:42 pm

Checking in Friday through Monday with DSU. $402 a night plus crazy taxes
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:03 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Are you staying at this property this coming weekend or weekend of 5/9/14?
This coming weekend through Wed.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
This coming weekend through Wed.
I might be there next week Sat. Have also reservation at Andaz Wall.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:06 am

Anyone know the diff between the one bedroom terrace suite and the one bedroom balcony suite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.