Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That’s a chair???? My body could never!
I always assumed that was why one side was higher, but who knows.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
That’s a chair???? My body could never!
It's actually pretty comfy for lounging. Just don't expect to sit!
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP
Great family stay

My family of four stayed last week, just got back. Stay was fantastic. Director of Premium Client Services reached out proactively a week before the stay and detailed all the benefits for Globalist, and responded quickly to any questions I had. My son is autistic so in-room dining for breakfast is important to me since restaurants can be loud and chaotic for him, so it’s one of the reasons we chose the Andaz 5th.

Used a SUA for Andaz Suite for four nights, and we got 1007 which was spacious and had a separate bedroom. Windows were huge and views were of 41st st and you could get a peek of the library. I loved that it was directly across from the elevator which is easier with kids — soundproofing was good as we never really heard any elevator noise. They had welcome amenity of fruit waiting for us in the room which was nice because my kids ate it all immediately once we arrived.

You can fill out a card to hang on the door if you want to preorder breakfast. Every day, breakfast arrived on time and packaged in a kid friendly way (straws and lids for juice). This was so convenient that my kids could sleep in and then wake up and eat, and we could save the leftovers in the fridge. this location was great too, the kids explored the library the first morning after breakfast. The front entrance is undergoing construction, so right now everyone goes through the side entrance.

we used to live in NYC so every visit back is a whirlwind of brunches and play dates. What was nice is that for our evening meet ups with friends, we would just ask them to come to our suite. Then the adults could get a free glass of wine from the wine hour to bring to the room, while the kids ran around the suite playing tag.

Welcome gift

Bedroom. Pillows are disheveled bc my son already jumped on the bed before I took a pic

Hallway in suite

Full size fridge, microwave, nespresso, sink, dishwasher plus plates cups and cutlery

Free sodas, water and juice

They came up and made up the sofabed for the kids

View from bedroom window

Loved this hair dryer

Breakfast delivery day 1

Avocado toast

Lemon blueberry pancakes

Lobster frittata

My 4 year olds scrambled eggs and chicken sausage. Might look sad but this is exactly how she wanted to order it — plain, nothing else touching it, and she said they were delicious

Avocado toast

Loaner umbrella from the hotel that my daughter had to borrow to get in the way of everyone on the sidewalk

all in all, a fantastic stay. Everyone at the hotel was great. Housekeeping was very efficient. Every request for another duvet or whatever was handled quickly. We asked for breakfast in to go containers on the last morning since we had an early flight and they sent everything to go for us.

I’m pleasantly surprised at how family friendly Andaz was. Staff was competent and efficient which is what I need the most — we had an early flight checking out, and I was at the front desk waiting for the final bill. Our Lyft arrived early and my husband and kids couldn’t figure out where to go. Another hotel staff member noticed and somehow got my husband and kids to the right Lyft and loaded in by the time I was done. Much appreciated. We have another stay coming up in NYC so we’ll return soon if can swing the budget.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for your great review, and for reminding me why the Andaz Fifth Avenue is my go-to Hyatt property in Manhattan!
flyingcupcake likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
When I checked in, I asked about the complimentary bicycles. The front desk staff member said that I was excluded from the bicycles since Globalists do not pay the resort fee. That seemed extremely petty in my opinion…
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by rendezvous
When I checked in, I asked about the complimentary bicycles. The front desk staff member said that I was excluded from the bicycles since Globalists do not pay the resort fee. That seemed extremely petty in my opinion…
I would be emailing the GM over this. The sheer audacity of it... so ridiculous. Please fill out the Hyatt survey. Name names. Thats gaslighting.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I would be emailing the GM over this. The sheer audacity of it... so ridiculous. Please fill out the Hyatt survey. Name names. Thats gaslighting.
Yeah, that's either a front desk agent making a bizarrely inappropriate decision or a manager who doesn't want to abide by the Hyatt rules.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed there many times, and I bike and often bring my bike helmet for Citi bikes. Had no idea at all that they even had bikes! Not really sure how you'd use them, other than maybe a ride around Central Park.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I checked in late last night and was tired from a long flight, so I didn’t challenge them. I specifically asked about the process of using the bikes and was shocked to hear that as a globalist, I wasn’t allowed to use them.

I’ll probably bring it up today. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy in my assumption of this being extremely petty.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked in late last night and was tired from a long flight, so I didn’t challenge them. I specifically asked about the process of using the bikes and was shocked to hear that as a globalist, I wasn’t allowed to use them.

I’ll probably bring it up today. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t crazy in my assumption of this being extremely petty.
Definitely petty, but very, very likely also incorrect.

The fee is waived for Globalists. The benefits are not waived.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:03 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
Stayed there many times, and I bike and often bring my bike helmet for Citi bikes. Had no idea at all that they even had bikes! Not really sure how you'd use them, other than maybe a ride around Central Park.
Another cool leisure bike route is along the Hudson River Park. Pretty much uninterrupted from the southern tip of Manhattan all the way up into Harlem/Bronx. Though you’d have to (safely) navigate through cross town traffic to get there and back from the Andaz

I’ve taken advantage of “free bikes” at other Hyatt’s even though I didn’t pay the Resort Fee. Would definitely raise the issue with Hyatt corporate or even the Hotel GM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.