Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beachfan
As a regular. I have always gotten a further upgrade to a balcony suite from Andaz suite (base room booked plus TSU), but because I’m on a long stay (14 days), they wouldn’t do it.

the biggest normal Andaz suites gave the same layout as in post 2020. A bit dark, feels smaller than it is , even at 750 square feet (because only one set of windows in each room).

The one with the floor to ceiling windows (shown on the hotel’s page and in ElevatorEnthusiasts post) are lovely but all are handicap accessible which means here no interior doors, a mon starter for me.

I reluctantly but the bullet and paid additional, but am now understanding about what to expect.

Do you usually book the Andaz Standard Suite on cash?
Old Jun 25, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
No, but alas the point piggy bank is pretty pauce.
Always use TSUs though.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm seeing this property with base rates in the mid to high $400s. I wouldn't book at that rate, but it's certainly competitive with other mid-tier full service properties. There are even CYs and RIs in that price range right now. The Thompson is generally about $150 more (which I wouldn't pay, either, after my last stay there).

Outside of January and February, Manhattan is expensive.
For one-night stays, I've checked a little bit and cash rates don't seem to drop below $525 for any of my dates into February 2024.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Fellow toiletries were great
Originally Posted by ryandc99
These look. like new amenities since my last stay
First noticed them on a June 2022 stay.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econ
First noticed them on a June 2022 stay.
I had them in 2021
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Breakfast has been a little improved:

1) a blue crab frittata that is very nice:
2) the strict -one hot beverage, one cold beverage, and an entrée has been replaced by “one hot beverage, one cold beverage, and an entrée or the equivalent up to $75 per person”.

What that is meant in practice for me is that I could get a fruit side order instead of the smoothie. But I could probably add side dishes etc. instead of ordering an entrée (or with his less than $75).
Old Jul 4, 2023, 8:45 am

2) the strict -one hot beverage, one cold beverage, and an entrée has been replaced by “one hot beverage, one cold beverage, and an entrée or the equivalent up to $75 per person”.

What that is meant in practice for me is that I could get a fruit side order instead of the smoothie. But I could probably add side dishes etc. instead of ordering an entrée (or with his less than $75).
I had the crab frittata and really did not like it. Way too much greens on top. Under seasoned. Bland taste. You would think crab would have some natural saltiness.

I did like the latte and smoothie. Server was friendly.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
I had the crab frittata and really did not like it. Way too much greens on top. Under seasoned. Bland taste. You would think crab would have some natural saltiness.

I did like the latte and smoothie. Server was friendly.
plenty well seasoned when I had it, crab is naturally salty. If it was saltier, I wouldn’t like it. I’ve had it twice.

im guessing you just like saltier food. Do you eat much blue crab?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

Did you have it as room service? I love it that Globalist can get their comp breakfast as room service at the Andaz Fifth Avenue
Old Jul 10, 2023, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
Did you have it as room service? I love it that Globalist can get their comp breakfast as room service at the Andaz Fifth Avenue
yes, room service and you could order up to 11:55 am.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 10:28 am

While this isn't my favorite hotel in NYC, I do appreciate that the GM is very involved. I received an email after my recent stay, noting that my post-stay survey responses are better than the year before! That's impressive and I think is a reason that the hotel is well liked.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 6:52 am

After reading through all the reviews, I decided to just go all out on the Andaz during my 2.5 weeks in NY. Originally booked 6 days at Beekman too but after the reviews of the area, decided to just stick with Andaz. I'll post a review after my stay. I'll be doing 6 days at Andaz with suite upgrade, then 4 days at IC Time Square, 6 days again at Andaz with Suite upgrade, then 2 days at Park Hyatt. Thanks for all the good advice. I'm going as a tourist/working online for the 2.5 weeks.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by moolman
After reading through all the reviews, I decided to just go all out on the Andaz during my 2.5 weeks in NY. Originally booked 6 days at Beekman too but after the reviews of the area, decided to just stick with Andaz. I'll post a review after my stay. I'll be doing 6 days at Andaz with suite upgrade, then 4 days at IC Time Square, 6 days again at Andaz with Suite upgrade, then 2 days at Park Hyatt. Thanks for all the good advice. I'm going as a tourist/working online for the 2.5 weeks.
Good choice for working online, since the room is more spacious and brighter. However, the breakfast at the Beekman is truly excellent.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SP03
Good choice for working online, since the room is more spacious and brighter. However, the breakfast at the Beekman is truly excellent.
I'd say the Andaz breakfast is excellent as well. Those pancakes + the huge bowl of berries are amazing. And the smoothies!
Old Jul 14, 2023, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I'd say the Andaz breakfast is excellent as well. Those pancakes + the huge bowl of berries are amazing. And the smoothies!
It is good, but would you want to have the pancakes for 12 days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.