Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I ended up not even bothering with the breakfast but the "roommates" reported back that it was GREAT.

Why would I say that my welcome letter mentioned a $75 limit if it didn't?

just curiousity.
i stayed this hotel numerous time, but never received a letter mentioned of the $75 limit.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pclee
just curiousity.
i stayed this hotel numerous time, but never received a letter mentioned of the $75 limit.
I can confirm the letter mentioning the $75 breakfast credit.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:04 am

Is the $75 credit Hyatt policy or something the hotel made up on its own?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by JetAway
Without doubt something the hotel made up on their own.

Maybe some people abused their previous generosity, but seems now they are at the other end, as $75 between four is not that realistic and would barely cover coffee juice and one item
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:24 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear Flyertalkers,

Thank you for calling this to our attention. We realize there are inconsistencies in how the properties are treating this benefit and we are working diligently to resolve this. We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,
Chrissi R.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Thank you for calling this to our attention.
You're welcome.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
When I stayed in September at the Andaz 5th, I had for 100 USD of Breakfast each morning and they erased everything at check-out.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
When I stayed in September at the Andaz 5th, I had for 100 USD of Breakfast each morning and they erased everything at check-out.
I think many hotels set these limits conservatively on paper, but in practice they are only selectively reinforced. It is understandable that they would want a limit in writing just to have a recourse in case certain Diamond members decided to "abuse" the benefit by ordering an inordinate number of items at breakfast- which I am sure is not uncommon.

Mandarin Oriental hotels often state that its breakfast inclusive rates only include continental breakfast, but in reality a generous full breakfast, in room or in restaurant, is often provided at no cost. I find that understatement of benefits on paper to be common at the hotels where I regularly stay.

I would be concerned if there were reports that this limit were being strictly enforced even when guests ordered within reason (say around $50~ per person), but that does not seem to be the case.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Without doubt something the hotel made up on their own.

Maybe some people abused their previous generosity, but seems now they are at the other end, as $75 between four is not that realistic and would barely cover coffee juice and one item
Well I was pretty curious about the 4 registered guest per room item and checked the website. Only way to have 4 registered guests per room is to book a Suite - 3 registered guests require booking an XL room - only 2 guests are allowed in the "base" room.

While $75 for 4 is unrealistic - it is very reasonable for 2 since the breakfast "entrees" run about $15-16, juice is $6, coffee is $4 - so per person before tax/tip is $25-28 - adding tax & tip should still be under $75 for 2.

I'm not sure how they should handle this issue since most of us would not book a suite just to get in 4 people in the room since it costs much more than 2 rooms.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm not sure how they should handle this issue since most of us would not book a suite just to get in 4 people in the room since it costs much more than 2 rooms.
I stayed here a bunch of times using confirmed suite upgrade with me, mrs ms and the two kids. $75 would not have covered our breakfasts. my gut tells me it would not have been a problem, but would have been another annoying niggle eating at the comfort of the stay
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
GM called and listened! Impressed

I had the pleasure of receiving a telephone call from Mr. Froehlich (General Manager) today to discuss my lackluster stay at the Andaz. He was polite, truly listened, took into consideration the issues my friend and I faced during our stay, said that they are trying really hard to work on service and appreciated my time. I am impressed that he would reach out to talk with me and seemingly to take seriously the feedback provided. It's never about the mistakes; it's about the recovery and how they're dealt with in my book. I know he's busy so to make a phone call to me is appreciated.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
niggle
What does this word mean?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/niggle
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:06 pm

A little confused are we? It doesn't take much does it?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=niggle

-David
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I just checked in and got the letter for only $75. That's not a whole lot....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.