FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:14 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by JetAway
Is the $75 credit Hyatt policy or something the hotel made up on its own?
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
When I stayed in September at the Andaz 5th, I had for 100 USD of Breakfast each morning and they erased everything at check-out.
I think many hotels set these limits conservatively on paper, but in practice they are only selectively reinforced. It is understandable that they would want a limit in writing just to have a recourse in case certain Diamond members decided to "abuse" the benefit by ordering an inordinate number of items at breakfast- which I am sure is not uncommon.

Mandarin Oriental hotels often state that its breakfast inclusive rates only include continental breakfast, but in reality a generous full breakfast, in room or in restaurant, is often provided at no cost. I find that understatement of benefits on paper to be common at the hotels where I regularly stay.

I would be concerned if there were reports that this limit were being strictly enforced even when guests ordered within reason (say around $50~ per person), but that does not seem to be the case.