Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Recent DPs in Extending or Converting Expired Awards (2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent DPs in Extending or Converting Expired Awards (2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:38 am
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
Points for expired certs?

Are Hyatt still giving Globalists 10k points for expired certs, or was that just a temporary Covid thing ?

Specifically I am asking about the Cat4 short expiry cert for spending 15k on the credit card. I have one that will expire in August that I will not be able to use.

Worst case I will burn it on a local HP just to get the night credit, but I would far prefer if I could get 10k that I could be used towards a real stay.

Last edited by soy; Jul 5, 2022 at 9:51 am
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
Are Hyatt still giving Globalists 10k points for expired certs, or was that just a temporary Covid thing ?

Specifically I am asking about the WoH Cat4 short expiry cert. I have one that will expire in August that I will not be able to use.

Worst case I will burn it on a local HP just to get the night credit, but I would far prefer if I could get 10k that I could be used towards a real stay.
Lots of existing threads on this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=flye...e-gws-wiz-serp
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:00 pm

Received points today

Called and received 10K points for a cert that expired at the end of June. From what I have read you can't call until after it has expired.
soy likes this.

Last edited by rburman4; Jul 5, 2022 at 1:01 pm Reason: incomplete
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Data points are all over the place. I think whether or not you get points depends on the quality of agent you get, specifically their eagerness to help and/or resourcefulness in trying to do so.
soy and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:40 pm
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
I created the new thread because the other threads are all from covid times, so I did not think they are reliable regarding current state of play. I seem to recall it being a thing in the gold passport days, but thought it was ended with WoH.

Good to see we have at least one recent DP that shows they still do it.......if you get the right agent
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, free agent otherwise
Just got 20k from my concierge for a 1-7
soy and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by blues07
Just got 20k from my concierge for a 1-7
Same. 20k for a Cat7. Sent an email to MHC and points posted almost immediately. I was able to use my expiring Cat4, so unsure what that compensation might be.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
Points for Expired Certificate

Data point - for a Cat 1-7 expired on June 6, 2022 - MHC game me 20K points, but indeed need to call after it has expired to receive the points
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Me too. Mine expired June 30th.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:14 pm

Any data points on cat 1-4 for 10k lately? Is it specifically for chase or the milestones, or both?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
As per a conversation with My Hyatt Concierge (MHC) last week: I asked about expiring FNA which in the past readily seemed to have expiration dates extended but recently seemed to be getting points credited upon expiration.

She said that Chase credit card free nights are lost upon expiration and that’s why they have a 1 year expiration and that MHC cannot give anything for them. She said that for Hyatt awarded free nights upon (6 month) expiration one should call and see what Hyatt might be offering, could be points or extension or zilch and they (MHC) don’t know from one day to the next.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Lots of existing threads on this: …
Some of those have since been closed.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… upon (6 month) expiration one should call and see what Hyatt might be offering, could be points or extension or zilch and they (MHC) don’t know from one day to the next.
Informational Datapoint:

Despite it being well established here that Hyatt doesn’t do anything with awards until AFTER expiration, I called “any available MHC” today about a Cat 1-4 expiring tomorrow. (Never know when they might change procedures.)

Was told (again) they cannot do anything until after expiration date. Asked how long after expiration, was told up to 90 days. (I’ve never read anything which specifies a 90 day timeframe and 90 days is a long time for some of us FF short-attention-span afficionados. )

Now, the concern is whether or not to accept an offer a day after FNA expiration or decline and gamble that there might be a better offer in 30 or 60 or 89 days? (I’d much prefer a 6 month extension - to ski season when HP Park City is now showing $650 per some nights - over 10K points.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 17, 2022 at 2:24 pm Reason: note re closed threads
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:18 pm

Datapoint Addition: Called today about the Cat 1-4 I mentioned above which expired a day or 2 ago. Spoke with “any available” MHC. Offered 10,000 points, no offer of extension (my preference). MHC said extensions were only COVID related and she’s never seen offers of extension other than in 2021. She agreed I had 88 more days to discuss, I declined the offer (hoping for offer of extension), said I’d call back in a month or 2, she suggested to call back within 60 days from original expiration date.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:46 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint Addition: Called today about the Cat 1-4 I mentioned above which expired a day or 2 ago. Spoke with “any available” MHC. Offered 10,000 points, no offer of extension (my preference). MHC said extensions were only COVID related and she’s never seen offers of extension other than in 2021. She agreed I had 88 more days to discuss, I declined the offer (hoping for offer of extension), said I’d call back in a month or 2, she suggested to call back within 60 days from original expiration date.
Your MHC is correct. Free night awards were only extended once and that was during COVID. Take the points (which aren't guaranteed) and move on.
bbbb, Dr Jabadski and js1993 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone receive the 10k for multiple Cat4 certs (different timeframes?). I received one earlier this year and have another one I couldn't end up using about to expire..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.