Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Recent DPs in Extending or Converting Expired Awards (2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent DPs in Extending or Converting Expired Awards (2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Would be nice if there was an official policy vs waiting on expiration, communicating, and hoping for the best….
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Would be nice if there was an official policy vs waiting on expiration, communicating, and hoping for the best….
It would be... but if there was an official policy then most likely it would become "no extensions, no points, no exceptions". Right now there's probably a large amount of breakage and a lot of people would just accept it. The current model works well enough - if you could officially get 10k for every Cat1-4 cert then a lot more people would just be waiting for them to expire and "cash out" the points.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:13 am
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
Originally Posted by coleslaw
It would be... but if there was an official policy then most likely it would become "no extensions, no points, no exceptions". Right now there's probably a large amount of breakage and a lot of people would just accept it. The current model works well enough - if you could officially get 10k for every Cat1-4 cert then a lot more people would just be waiting for them to expire and "cash out" the points.
Agreed, if they decide to do something official it will be to kill the option. For now they are reliably giving Globs 10/20k pts for expired Hyatt issued FNCs. I do not recall any Glob getting a hard no from their concierge on such a request

Club Access and TSU only ever got points in covid times. Agents are clearly not meant to award any points for these, and I am somewhat skeptical of claims from people they got points. Continuously pestering agents for points for these is not helpful overall
nsx likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soy
Agreed, if they decide to do something official it will be to kill the option. For now they are reliably giving Globs 10/20k pts for expired Hyatt issued FNCs. I do not recall any Glob getting a hard no from their concierge on such a request

Club Access and TSU only ever got points in covid times. Agents are clearly not meant to award any points for these, and I am somewhat skeptical of claims from people they got points. Continuously pestering agents for points for these is not helpful overall
I feel like people now should feel extremely lucky if they get points after expiration since you’re able to trade or transfer them now.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Emailed my concierge a few days after expiry and was granted 20K points. I'm around 40 nights already this year.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.