Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Well that's great new arriving here on the 2nd July and hoping for a upgrade as well as a platinum guest none the least.

I might use a DSU to be safe
Do Plats have DSUs too?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Do Plats have DSUs too?
Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates are the benefit of Hyatt Diamond status.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Diamond Suite Upgrade certificates are the benefit of Hyatt Diamond status.
Exactly, that was why Shanye2233's post above was difficult to understand. She/he was Plat but wanted to use a DSU?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:57 pm

Have two free night certificates from Hyatt card. I am going for 4 nights. Called platinum line today and they can give me the four nights for 100,000 points but not give me two free nights with certificate and then 50,000 points for the other two nights. I would have to pay for two nights. If I go online I can book all four nights with points but when you try to split up the nights the standard room does not exist for some of the nights. Anyway around this? Seems to be a systems problem with how they book the rooms. If all four nights are available for an award, I should be able to use my two free nights and then 50,000 points to cover the rest. Frustrating.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by JayBird0711
Called platinum line today and they can give me the four nights for 100,000 points but not give me two free nights with certificate and then 50,000 points for the other two nights.
Sounds like there is a minimum-stay requirement for awards at this property on the dates in question. Since you are technically booking 2 separate stays, you do not comply with the minimum.

I'd suggest directly contacting the hotel (which controls the stay requirement) and asking nicely if they can accommodate your request.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:37 pm

Oh, okay. I didn't think the local hotel could book the reward and point nights. Maybe I will convert to diamond via the challenge before calling.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Is it still standard procedure to book DSU into splash suite?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
In terms of room sizes, as a Diamond, I just booked into a Andaz Loft room.

Is that preferable to the Andaz Extra Large View King or Large King?

In other words, which room should I ask for at check-in?

thank you
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
I am trying to book a 2-night HGP awards stay here over a holiday weekend. It seems the Andaz King rooms have a 4 night min stay requirement over my dates. The points option only shows up if I search for a 4 night+ stay... I reached out to the hotel and the GM's assistant sent me a warm and professional email explaining the situation, offering a slight discount plus and upgrade should i want to make a paid booking. I am inclined to wait few weeks to see if they ease the min stay requirement. Does anyone have any experience with min stay requirements changing?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:40 pm

Staying here with my wife for one night for our anniversary, am diamond but I realize this is my first time staying at an andaz. What can I expect at this hotel in terms of benefits and potential upgrades? Looking to check in early, is that a possibility here?

Originally had the union square Hyatt booked but changed it based on feedback on here. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cdmca
I am trying to book a 2-night HGP awards stay here over a holiday weekend. It seems the Andaz King rooms have a 4 night min stay requirement over my dates. The points option only shows up if I search for a 4 night+ stay... I reached out to the hotel and the GM's assistant sent me a warm and professional email explaining the situation, offering a slight discount plus and upgrade should i want to make a paid booking. I am inclined to wait few weeks to see if they ease the min stay requirement. Does anyone have any experience with min stay requirements changing?
Any luck? Is this for labor day weekend?
It weird, because standard rooms are available but they are only offered at a pre-paid rate.. the Andaz rate does not show availability for standard rooms. I was also, only able to see points options if 4+ nights were chosen...

EDIT: called in to GP. Agent did not see any note that there was a minimum stay requirement but was a bit baffled as well that 4 nights were required to book a standard room. She offered to call the hotel but I was in a hurry so opted out.

FDW

Last edited by FlyingDoctorwu; Aug 20, 2014 at 11:11 am
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
We are visiting New York from Sep 3rd to 7th for four nights, and I am debating whether I should stay in a Hyatt or SPG property. Four of us (my mother, my fiance, myself and my best friend) are traveling together and staying in the same room, and I think we need a suite to ensure everyone has space. Since we have three females and one male, I am thinking that my mother and I can sleep on the same bed, and my friend occupying the other bed, leaving my fiance on the sofa.

Right now the Loft Suite and Andaz Suite are available. Which one would be a better choice? Or will anyone has any recommendations for these kind of sleeping arrangements?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by nsolitude
We are visiting New York from Sep 3rd to 7th for four nights, and I am debating whether I should stay in a Hyatt or SPG property. Four of us (my mother, my fiance, myself and my best friend) are traveling together and staying in the same room, and I think we need a suite to ensure everyone has space. Since we have three females and one male, I am thinking that my mother and I can sleep on the same bed, and my friend occupying the other bed, leaving my fiance on the sofa.

Right now the Loft Suite and Andaz Suite are available. Which one would be a better choice? Or will anyone has any recommendations for these kind of sleeping arrangements?
Most, if not all, enhanced rooms and suites will have a King bed only.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsolitude

As CodeAdam pointed out, you are only going to get King beds, not doubles in any of the suites. Given the layout you want to achieve, something along the lines of a Homewood Suites would be right up your alley. Any premium hotel that is not all Suites (like a Homewood or Embassy Suites) is only going to have one king bed (unless of course you go with a multiple bedroom suite and I assume since you are shoving everyone in one room, that is not a price point for you)
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Miesque
Homewood Suites would be right up your alley.
Going from Andaz to Homewood Suites is quite an downgrade.

OP, look into Conrad. They are all suites and their standard rooms are far bigger and nicer than the ones at Andaz. Prices are far more reasonable as well. Unless, you must stay in midtown (not sure why), Conrad is a good choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.