Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beltway
Minibar snacks & drink (except alcohol) are complimentary in all rooms.
Really? Didn't know that. Just stayed here - nice place. Hard to see from the outside, and entrance seems too subtle to me.

Great staff though, enjoyed the service and little gift (magnets, hand sanitizer, or chocolates) at check out.

I suppose this was meant to be a botique hotel, and they did live up to their expectations. Was a cool experience, felt like I was in a super swank NYC apartment for a day.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:00 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Really? Didn't know that. Just stayed here - nice place. Hard to see from the outside, and entrance seems too subtle to me.

The free minibar (excluding alcohol) and snacks are a brand standard with Andaz. I agree that the entrance is a bit obscure.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
The free minibar (excluding alcohol) and snacks are a brand standard with Andaz. I agree that the entrance is a bit obscure.
Thanks for letting me know, didn't know that.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I suppose this was meant to be a botique hotel, and they did live up to their expectations. Was a cool experience, felt like I was in a super swank NYC apartment for a day.
Good description of the place... very much the way I view this place
Old Jan 30, 2014, 6:45 am

Curious for everyone's opinion. For a Splash Suite, Hyatt's stating I can use 40k points per night or do a $545 + 6k points per night. We're currently locked into a standard room at the 22k per night pre-deval. Thoughts?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:13 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I'd keep the 22k rate. In NYC there are lots of better things to do and better ways to spend money than staying in a hotel room. I'd tend to minimize the hotel cost and maximize everything else about NYC. Opinions may vary.
Originally Posted by nuclfusion
Curious for everyone's opinion. For a Splash Suite, Hyatt's stating I can use 40k points per night or do a $545 + 6k points per night. We're currently locked into a standard room at the 22k per night pre-deval. Thoughts?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I agree... Unless you are just going to sit there in your room... I say it's a waste of points. But you're in New York City, so many great things to do and see... They don't call it the Greatest City in the World for nothing.

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I'd keep the 22k rate. In NYC there are lots of better things to do and better ways to spend money than staying in a hotel room. I'd tend to minimize the hotel cost and maximize everything else about NYC. Opinions may vary.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA

Hi. I have a four night stay here booked for mid April in a standard room. If I take up the Diamond Challenge to cover that period, as I understand it I'll get breakfast and a room upgrade.

(A) Two adults and one child. Will we all get breakfast included? (Very generous if so!)
(B) Is the standard upgrade to a corner room?

Many thanks,
BiH
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by baggageinhall

(A) Two adults and one child. Will we all get breakfast included? (Very generous if so!)
(B) Is the standard upgrade to a corner room?

BiH
On (A) I have only ever stayed as single occupancy but as I understand you will get a $75 credit for breakfast every morning which is pretty generous. The breakfast in the restaurant is a la carte and is a little pricey but $75 should cover 2 Adults and a child

On (B) not sure what the standard upgrade is I've used a suite upgrade a couple of times and on my last non suite stay I got one of the rooms in the "other tower" not sure what the proper name for this part of the hotel but I have to say a key benefit of these rooms was that it was very quiet no street noise or hallway noise so I actually liked the room and could be an option if you want a quiet location
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by cmanc
On (A) I have only ever stayed as single occupancy but as I understand you will get a $75 credit for breakfast every morning which is pretty generous. The breakfast in the restaurant is a la carte and is a little pricey but $75 should cover 2 Adults and a child

On (B) not sure what the standard upgrade is I've used a suite upgrade a couple of times and on my last non suite stay I got one of the rooms in the "other tower" not sure what the proper name for this part of the hotel but I have to say a key benefit of these rooms was that it was very quiet no street noise or hallway noise so I actually liked the room and could be an option if you want a quiet location
Hi cmanc. Thanks for responding, very helpful.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA, SW, AA
Stayed 3 nights at this Andaz last summer. I have yet to come across a nicer hotel in terms of how modern and chick this place is. Definitely one of my top 5 hotels so far.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Hey guys. I'm using a cash n points award to stay at andaz 5th ave. I was trying to apply a suite upgrade however I'm told there is no availibly. I see "andaz suite" available for my nights. Is a cash and points reward require differnt suite availibly than a cash reservation while using a diamond suite upgrade?
Or should I just. HUCA?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by footastic
Hey guys. I'm using a cash n points award to stay at andaz 5th ave. I was trying to apply a suite upgrade however I'm told there is no availibly. I see "andaz suite" available for my nights. Is a cash and points reward require differnt suite availibly than a cash reservation while using a diamond suite upgrade?
Or should I just. HUCA?
The upgrades book into the Splash Suite, not the Andaz Suite.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Thanks. Agent told me wrong
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
The upgrades book into the Splash Suite, not the Andaz Suite.
Can you actually reserve a splash suite online? I am looking for a C&P with no luck, but I wonder if there ever is any availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.