Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piñon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piñon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
There appear to be no rooms other than Studio available for a two-week window in July. 2-3 night stay. We will have our 10 and 16 year old kids with us. Is the studio big enough? Seems like overkill to get another studio if there is a pull out sofa in the room. But also don't want to sleep on top of each other.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:20 pm

Here is the studio:

https://tug2.com//ResortImages/USAWe...ona/Studio.png

There is plenty of availability in all unit sizes using Hyatt timeshare points.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by echino
Here is the studio:

https://tug2.com//ResortImages/USAWe...ona/Studio.png

There is plenty of availability in all unit sizes using Hyatt timeshare points.
We don’t have a timeshare so just going through the website. Have had trouble finding second market options there. And we only need three days.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any updates on upgrades here for Globalists?
The official benefits for globalists read none at all
Sad 😔🙄🤯
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Any updates on upgrades here for Globalists?
The official benefits for globalists read none at all
Sad ������
It happens. I was upgraded to a gorgeous view 1 bedroom unit. Didn't have to ask, they jdid it automatically but they didn't seem very full. Was also offered late checkout...

Some of the (especially ground floor) studios looked pretty dark, windows/patio facing the parking lot or a bush, etc... so keep your fingers crossed and ask nicely. You might request something "on the 2nd floor." Another idea: they will probably ask you to attend a time share presentation (we politely said no, no pressure after that) BUT I suspect one way to get a nicer unit might be to agree to attend in exchange for a 1 bedroom/nice view/AND whatever else they are offering - I think it was around 10,000 points...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Just finished a 2-night stay in a 1 bedroom unit. Have mixed feelings about this property. Absolutely zero benefit being a Globalist (although they did waive resort fees as a "courtesy"). None of published WoH benefits apply to timeshare properties, including best price guarantee.

The property is fairly large with many buildings, a pool with hot tubs, fire pits, and communal gas grills.

The unit itself was very nice, with a full kitchen, a fireplace, and a 2-person jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. Two large balconies with a decent view. No problems with soundproofing that others have mentioned. The resort is right above the main street with some shops and restaurants. Limited housekeeping was provided (not at the level of a full service property).

To echo other reviews - studio units are tiny and feel pretty claustrophobic. They can be combined with 1 bedroom units through a connecting door. Strangely, when we walked into our unit, the connecting room door was unlocked. When inquired (thinking we may have received an unmentioned upgrade), we were told that housekeeping "forgot" to lock the door. The connecting unit remained empty throughout our stay.

In the future, I personally will avoid Hyatt Residence Club properties - although if you need the space and are ok with a self-catering nature, it's not a bad property.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
If you can temper Globalist expectations (no guaranteed perks), this can be a hidden gem that offers a prime location. We just had a 1 night stay here over the holiday weekend for a last minute getaway with the family (expiring Cat 1-4 certificate). Hotel was completely sold out all weekend, so clean room was not available until 3pm (still early to 4pm check-in time). The front desk proactively upgraded us to a 1BR (from base level Studio), which made the trip much better with plenty of space, even if we didn't use the kitchen or laundry facilities. We also received two coupons for a glass of wine at the shops next door, which was a nice gesture. FYI Award Nights/Studio was only visible for 3 people, not 4 (2A/2C when I tested), but we were very happy with our stay knowing that status and benefits are not fully available at HRC properties, but upgrade sure made the trip much better, a studio might be too cozy for more than a short stay with children (Cruise Ship like?), but the town and nearby state parks/hiking are great reasons to get out of your room.
The seminar/time-share pitch wasn't aggressive, but was mentioned if we wanted to learn more about it and earn 12,500 points for our time (we declined). We loved the location and being able to walk to dinner and shopping, (on a trolley stop?), but it did take a few minutes to find parking during the afternoon.
I consider this a very reasonable free night redemption where the cash rate was ~$219 for studio and $309 for 1BR. We expect to return again. I did not notice any noise issues, and the common areas were pretty deserted except for a few people near hot tub or fire pit, which was a pleasant surprise considering 100% occupancy. Front desk and staff were courteous and helpful with extra towels brought quickly upon request, and no service issues to speak of, so overall consider it a positive experience, and we might have to try out the BBQ areas or kitchen next time.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

We just stayed here during COVID-19, and shot a video. One thing I liked was how this property was handling things- the pool was still open, though limited capacity (40 guests). Grills had to be reserved. Hot tub, gym, and activity center were closed. Tennis court was open, but the net was not in good shape, so if you're a tennis player, you may not be impressed. Location continues to be incredible, though the traffic through Sedona can be bothersome.

We booked a two-bedroom due to us having several people traveling with us, but you'll see a full tour of the studio suite that is the second "bedroom".

Don't miss Oak Creek Brewery's Hefeweizen at the bottom of the hill in Tlaquepaque! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GePt...ature=youtu.be
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:35 pm

What are the crowds like on the hiking trails these days? Any suggested ones you can walk to from the property and best times to go or not go?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

There were a lot of crowds on our devil's bridge hike, but nothing unmanageable. You'll need a car to reach most of the hiking in Sedona if staying at the Hyatt.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by madderlake
What are the crowds like on the hiking trails these days? Any suggested ones you can walk to from the property and best times to go or not go?
I recommend Courthouse Butte loop. 8 miles, mostly flat, great views, not many people. You'll have to drive. Early morning to beat the heat.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you don't insist on hiking or if the weather is bad, there are some scenic drives around Sedona with small parking lots along the way at places with good views. I remember having an adventure finding a couple wineries in the area. The driveway up from Sedona's main street is steep and the nearby commercial areas are rather touristic. Parking can be a problem with a traffic jam in the lot when I was there.

It's an attractive property and would be my first choice for a stay in the area unless there's some hidden luxury resort that I didn't notice. Most of the area's hotels seem to be located away from downtown Sedona, so that one would need to drive to leave the property.

If you're driving up from the Phoenix area, the road is very mountainous in places and does strain cars, but my Hertz vehicle did fine on an extremely hot day. Older cars are more likely to require stops or care with the strains placed on engines and consideration of turning off the AC in the most challenging areas. Also, be careful to keep a full tank of gas (and a fully charged cell phone) as some of the service stations seem to be far apart.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Several
Just wanted to post a quick data point. I recently had a 2 night stay here, both nights were award nights (two used for consecutive days).

I called a week before arrival to inquire about paying for an upgrade to a 1-bedroom, but I was told to call the night before as that is when they allocate rooms. I subsequently called the night before arrival and was told they don’t do paid upgrades but that they would note an upgrade request on my reservation.

We did get the free upgrade to a 1-bedroom, so it all worked out. I was a little surprised that they didn’t offer paid upgrades. Since they’re a Vacation Club though, I’m assuming they operate a little differently as seems to be observed elsewhere as well among VC properties.

Great value for an award night redemption though as studio rates were $306/night.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:51 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Property Name Change

Mod,

This property has changed its name to Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe. Can we change it?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed here for 3 nights a week ago as base for visiting Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest National Park and the Sedona area. We were assigned a 2nd floor studio unit since that’s what award points book into. The studio is Small, much smaller than standard room at Hyatt House Tempe/University. We could hear talking and laughing from the 1-bedroom next door that’s part of the lockout unit. The bathroom is poorly designed with toilet paper roll right next one’s hip when seated.

We complained about the lack of soundproofing from next door, especially since we were trying to settle down after checking in around 9PM. Finally Front Desk changed our room to a 1-bedroom unit with view (balcony looks towards the shops and 89A North). The unit was accessible and most surfaces had a layer of dust, probably hasn’t been occupied for a while. We cleaned the floors, and all table and night stand surfaces that we would use. The view was great towards the Red Rocks to the East. We were also able to view the Gemini’s meteor showers from the balcony.

​​​​​​​I checked the room rates and there was a rate difference of ~$70/ night between the 1-bedroom and studio. Since Globalists do not get upgraded at Residence Clubs, this is one location that I would definitely pay for the 1-bedroom rather a studio if I were paying cash. I may also reconsider ever using points at this location because the studio is such a big step down from the 1-bedroom unit.

Sedona is very nice early December, low season, no crowds. Bar tender at Oak Creek Brewery told us traffic can be horrible during high season. She said it took her 1-1/2 hr to work from home 30 miles away after Sedona reopened after initial shutdown with campers all along the side of the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.