Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piñon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piñon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Late checkout overall with Hyatt residence club is rare and not like a traditional hotel. Your luggage should be safe in the car or with bellhop storage. Keep a day bag for your clothing change. Enjoy the pool. I love this place and only was at Piñon Point in January 2010.
surikatina likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by gaobest
Late checkout overall with Hyatt residence club is rare and not like a traditional hotel. Your luggage should be safe in the car or with bellhop storage. Keep a day bag for your clothing change. Enjoy the pool. I love this place and only was at Piñon Point in January 2010.
Come on - you know better than to advise anyone to leave luggage in their vehicle. Not just in SF but EVERYWHERE. Do not leave anything in a vehicle, period. Smash and grab takes less than a minute. Yes, even in Sedona.

Much safer to check luggage at the desk which will take you all of 5 minutes.
surikatina likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:28 pm

Your responses (even if not what I wanted to hear) are appreciated. Thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm having a nightmare of a time with Hyatt Vacation Club.

I had rescheduled once, and then caught Covid when I was supposed to being my 10 day Las-Vegas- Grand Canyon-Sedona- Phoenix trip. They intially would only allow me to reschedule until 12/31, but we hate the cold and requested an extension. It took four followup calls to get the answer I was given until 4/1.

I requested new dates, in December. They had system issues and said because the expiration date was hardcoded, it wasn't easy. In January they said they had it fixed But it wasn't. I spent hours on the phone with them since December; finally I get a confirmation for my dates - it's a studio. They said there would be availability for the one bedroom in January and they would set one aside. But they didn't.

I don't want to stay in a studio. I have soured on the whole thing, and just want to cancel. I've requested that twice. The agent is saying "they don't know how to cancel", find that hard to believe. They say they will check with a supervisor -I've asked for a supervisor 5 times over two months, been promised call backs, only gotten one.. They aren't letting me off the hook for the stay it seems.

I tried to reach them through Twitter, but I have to be a verified user to send them a DM. Is the next step twitter shaming?

It will likely burn my bridges with them, but it's been such a nightmare, I think I'd be a fool to try and work with them further. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:26 pm

Have you tried asking your Globalist concierge to resolve it for you?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
No, I thought Hyatt Vacation Club was totally outside World of Hyatt - I don't get benefits or stay credit for the stay.

Anyone have their Concierge help on Hyatt Vacation Clubs?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
No, I thought Hyatt Vacation Club was totally outside World of Hyatt - I don't get benefits or stay credit for the stay.

These folks were a nightmare to deal with when we had an issue with our rez (their fault). I prob wrote about it upthread 7-2022. They were completely incompetent. Eventually I got a call from Marriott (which evidently owns Hyatt Vacation Club, weird I know). Issues got sorted but it took forever to resolve when it should have taken a couple of days. All of this to say I feel your pain.
beachfan likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:45 am

I didn't realize it was HVC that coordinated the reservation. In that case, it probably won't help, but I suppose an email couldn't hurt?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

I got Brand Explorer credit for the stay, just fyi.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:21 pm

Duplicate post deleted

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Feb 17, 2024 at 2:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.