FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piņon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:54 am
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
We stayed here for 3 nights a week ago as base for visiting Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest National Park and the Sedona area. We were assigned a 2nd floor studio unit since that’s what award points book into. The studio is Small, much smaller than standard room at Hyatt House Tempe/University. We could hear talking and laughing from the 1-bedroom next door that’s part of the lockout unit. The bathroom is poorly designed with toilet paper roll right next one’s hip when seated.

We complained about the lack of soundproofing from next door, especially since we were trying to settle down after checking in around 9PM. Finally Front Desk changed our room to a 1-bedroom unit with view (balcony looks towards the shops and 89A North). The unit was accessible and most surfaces had a layer of dust, probably hasn’t been occupied for a while. We cleaned the floors, and all table and night stand surfaces that we would use. The view was great towards the Red Rocks to the East. We were also able to view the Gemini’s meteor showers from the balcony.

​​​​​​​I checked the room rates and there was a rate difference of ~$70/ night between the 1-bedroom and studio. Since Globalists do not get upgraded at Residence Clubs, this is one location that I would definitely pay for the 1-bedroom rather a studio if I were paying cash. I may also reconsider ever using points at this location because the studio is such a big step down from the 1-bedroom unit.

Sedona is very nice early December, low season, no crowds. Bar tender at Oak Creek Brewery told us traffic can be horrible during high season. She said it took her 1-1/2 hr to work from home 30 miles away after Sedona reopened after initial shutdown with campers all along the side of the road.