FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Residence Club Sedona Piņon Pointe AZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:26 am
TrojanDomer

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
If you can temper Globalist expectations (no guaranteed perks), this can be a hidden gem that offers a prime location. We just had a 1 night stay here over the holiday weekend for a last minute getaway with the family (expiring Cat 1-4 certificate). Hotel was completely sold out all weekend, so clean room was not available until 3pm (still early to 4pm check-in time). The front desk proactively upgraded us to a 1BR (from base level Studio), which made the trip much better with plenty of space, even if we didn't use the kitchen or laundry facilities. We also received two coupons for a glass of wine at the shops next door, which was a nice gesture. FYI Award Nights/Studio was only visible for 3 people, not 4 (2A/2C when I tested), but we were very happy with our stay knowing that status and benefits are not fully available at HRC properties, but upgrade sure made the trip much better, a studio might be too cozy for more than a short stay with children (Cruise Ship like?), but the town and nearby state parks/hiking are great reasons to get out of your room.
The seminar/time-share pitch wasn't aggressive, but was mentioned if we wanted to learn more about it and earn 12,500 points for our time (we declined). We loved the location and being able to walk to dinner and shopping, (on a trolley stop?), but it did take a few minutes to find parking during the afternoon.
I consider this a very reasonable free night redemption where the cash rate was ~$219 for studio and $309 for 1BR. We expect to return again. I did not notice any noise issues, and the common areas were pretty deserted except for a few people near hot tub or fire pit, which was a pleasant surprise considering 100% occupancy. Front desk and staff were courteous and helpful with extra towels brought quickly upon request, and no service issues to speak of, so overall consider it a positive experience, and we might have to try out the BBQ areas or kitchen next time.