Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Had trouble logging in. Once I finally got in - apparently I have no reservations anymore. Should have 7.....

Edit: and immediately after my post I now get this:
Hyatt.com, GoldPassport.com and other related sites are currently down for maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to get everything in order and back online. Please come back soon!

Sincerely,
Your Hyatt Team
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I hope someone has been fired over this IT cluster.

Just tried to go to the website (didn't even try logging in) and surprise surprise:

Hyatt.com, GoldPassport.com and other related sites are currently down for maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working hard to get everything in order and back online. Please come back soon!
Unbelievable - how is this still happening despite going offline for 4 days in December and numerous small outages since?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Aaaand we currently have technical difficulties to the site... again!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by VIT-B
Aaaand we currently have technical difficulties to the site... again!
The problems must be sporadic. I have no problems now. Over the last 6 months I have had perhaps 2-3 very short problems with the website. And I use it a lot.

If it doesn't work for you initially, just wait 10 minutes and try again. Annoying I know.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:36 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So they've made changes again to goldpassport.com, and made making a reservation more difficult.

Previously when I hit "Reservations" on the navigation area on the top of the site, I was prompted to enter the location and dates. Now... it directs me to my existing reservation.

I had to first enter the location under "Hotels & Resorts" and in a 2nd step enter the dates.

anyone else have this problem?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by a193991
So they've made changes again to goldpassport.com, and made making a reservation more difficult.

Previously when I hit "Reservations" on the navigation area on the top of the site, I was prompted to enter the location and dates. Now... it directs me to my existing reservation.

I had to first enter the location under "Hotels & Resorts" and in a 2nd step enter the dates.

Yes. When logged in, clicking "Reservations" brings me not to Hyatt reservations, but to my own existing reservations. Just go back to the home page and start from there.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by a193991
Yes, they basically made it impossible to start a reservation search from the home page. It's absolutely ridiculous and I can't see that it was intended and I'm sure it's not encouraging new bookings from their own websites.

There's already a link for "my reservations" on goldpassport.com when you are logged in under the list of your next 2 or 3 reservations on the left hand side.

Originally Posted by Freckles68
Just go back to the home page and start from there.
which one? Hyatt.com does the same thing. Goldpassport.com the same thing.

-David
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Yes, they basically made it impossible to start a reservation search from the home page. It's absolutely ridiculous and I can't see that it was intended and I'm sure it's not encouraging new bookings from their own websites.

There's already a link for "my reservations" on goldpassport.com when you are logged in under the list of your next 2 or 3 reservations on the left hand side.

which one? Hyatt.com does the same thing. Goldpassport.com the same thing.

-David

Even when you're logged in, the link circled here in red will take you back to the Hyatt home page, and the ability to search and make reservations. The "Reservations" link above and to the right of it will take you to your existing reservations. Stupid, I know.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:33 am

I have been trying to make award reservations since this weekend, but every time I click RESERVE, it goes straight to my existing reservations. This is driving me mad!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I have been trying to make award reservations since this weekend, but every time I click RESERVE, it goes straight to my existing reservations. This is driving me mad!
I made 2 reservations yesterday and had no problems.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:54 pm

So it's at least a two-step process now, go to goldpassport.com, login and either go back to hyatt.com from that page where there's a quickbook form, or click on hotels and start a search by city.

Another thing I noticed is that the old quickbook form from goldpassport.com/reservations remembered your favorite hotels, etc, if you have set any. I don't see any way to get to a quickbook form that remembers your property preferences. (Useful if you book and re-book at a small set of properties.)

-David
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I got a notice for a new promotion yesterday and an invitation to register at Hyatt.com/StayMorePlayMore. This is the message I got:

Sorry, we can't seem to locate that page.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
After logging onto Goldpassport.com, when I click on "reservations" at the top, it redirects to my current reservations and not to a page to make a new one. This started for me a few days ago.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
After logging onto Goldpassport.com, when I click on "reservations" at the top, it redirects to my current reservations and not to a page to make a new one. This started for me a few days ago.
Yes this is unbelievably annoying. You have to click on the "Hyatt" logo at the upper left to go back to the home page to make a reservation.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Yea I noticed this too. Even if you are in the middle of looking at reservations and the page times out, when you click the button to make new reservation, it takes you your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.