Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt.com/GP.com---Website Issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes this is unbelievably annoying. You have to click on the "Hyatt" logo at the upper left to go back to the home page to make a reservation.
Thanks - annoying, but at least a work around. ^
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I got a notice for a new promotion yesterday and an invitation to register at Hyatt.com/StayMorePlayMore. This is the message I got:

Sorry, we can't seem to locate that page.
Registration doesn't start until April 1
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:25 am

Bit strange but noticed a property had award nights for 0 points on the mobile site, so went ahead and booked it. Got confirmation email etc, no points deducted (I have nowhere near enough points for the stay). All shows up in my account as a confirmed booking but shows the normal amount of points for the stay in Rate Information. Have screen shots etc showing 0 points per night from the booking process. Anyone else had an experience like that??
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jmtfp
Bit strange but noticed a property had award nights for 0 points on the mobile site, so went ahead and booked it. Got confirmation email etc, no points deducted (I have nowhere near enough points for the stay). All shows up in my account as a confirmed booking but shows the normal amount of points for the stay in Rate Information. Have screen shots etc showing 0 points per night from the booking process. Anyone else had an experience like that??
The mobile site or the app?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The mobile site or the app?
Both actually showed 0 points. Desktop site reflecting normal rates though.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Thanks - annoying, but at least a work around. ^
Boy that is freakin' strange. Was trying for 5 minutes so I came here to find out what the heck was going on.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Registration doesn't start until April 1
Yes, that was pointed out to me elsewhere. However, the announcement received a few days ago, said "Register NOW."
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Yes, that was pointed out to me elsewhere. However, the announcement received a few days ago, said "Register NOW."
In fact it DOES work now ^

Interestingly, as a Diamond... I never received any official communication from Hyatt about this promotion... weird...

here is the link I found on TravelCodex and another thread on FT:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...aymoreplaymore
Attached Images  

Last edited by 59Impala; Mar 31, 2016 at 2:43 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by a193991
Interestingly, as a Diamond... I never received any official communication from Hyatt about this promotion... weird...
Me neither... and nothing about the changes to DSU's. In fact nothing meaningful for about the last 4 months...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:39 am

Wasn't there previously a checkbox on the reservation search results page that said something like "Show Hyatt Gold Passport Points & Awards" or something along those lines? I can't find it now, or any other way to show points per night in the search results.

The only option I see to find points required is to select a hotel, let its page load, then click the "Show Hyatt Gold Passport Points & Awards" checkbox on that page, hope they have award rooms available, and only then be able to see how many points are required. You'd then have to repeat this for every property you think you might be interested in.

Am I missing something? This is a huge step backwards in website usability & customer friendliness.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:18 am
Suspended

That question was already answered in this thread.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
That question was already answered in this thread.
You're correct, it was. I didn't go back quite far enough - I really thought I had used that feature within the past month, but I guess I was wrong.

Interesting tidbit: I checked the source code for the page, and the points values are all still clearly listed. There's just no button to show them. So they didn't remove the information, they just removed the only way for us to see it.

It does still exist on the mobile site, for what it's worth.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:19 pm
Suspended

It's worth a lot. I didn't even think about the mobile site. From now on, that will be where I go when looking for redemptions. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:22 pm

is it me or it is no longer possible to book awards online/
i no longer get the box to check search with points. i am logged into my account
Attached Images  
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kaiotes
is it me or it is no longer possible to book awards online/
i no longer get the box to check search with points. i am logged into my account
You need to bring up the results for a specific hotel, not a list of hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.