Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by roder
...however, I have lost the rep's phone number.

Can someone PM me some contact Info so I can cancel my reservation and receive the buyout?

Thanks!
I recieved the cancellation offer from Angela...

Please respond to this email or contact me directly at 801-887-2932 to confirm your reservations, or advise if you would like to cancel all or part of your reservations.

Once again, thank you for choosing IHG for your travel needs. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Angela C Bouwman

Executive Office

Guest Relations

Phone: 800-621-0555

Fax: 801-975-1846

Email: [email protected]

http://www.ihg.com <http://www.ihg.com/>
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by roder
I booked a hotel using this promo a couple of months ago for a stay right after New Years. I never received an e-mail regarding the buyout; but did receive a phone call from a rep who offered me a similar offer of 5,000 PC points if i decided to forgo my reservation.

To make a long story short, we have decided to stay in Venice itself for our stay, and I would like to take the buyout--- however, I have lost the rep's phone number.

Can someone PM me some contact Info so I can cancel my reservation and receive the buyout?

Thanks!
Is 5000 points valuable? Will I be able to buy something nice with IC hotels?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 3:34 am

A night at a Points Break hotel is 5000 points.

On another note I was able to modify my reservation for this weekend. I had 3 reservations, but was able to cancel my last one and arrive 1-day late on my first. It was difficult to work with award tickets and my schedule, so I wan't able to use all the nights I had booked. I contacted the representative listed above who was able to handle the request and confirmed with the hotel. Thanks go out to ICH and their rep again for handling us all well.

I also had the free airport shuttle confirmed with an e-mail to the hotel and a very quick response.

Last edited by pontiac51; Dec 11, 2009 at 3:45 am Reason: Add info
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

We had 3 full days in Venice and it was not enough. If you want to see museums and churches or the other islands you would need more time. We left a day early and visted Rome. It was wonderful for 1 day but not enough time at all .Which ever you do have fun. The hotel pickup was perfect and on time.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Received another buy-out email from Angela at IHG SLC today.

Same offer as before, i.e. 5000 pts per 2-day res.

...and offer still only valid for the next 3 days...
until next month I suppose.

They are persistent ! So far I've resisted....

Last edited by MrHalliday; Dec 15, 2009 at 11:05 pm
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
...and offer still only valid for the next 3 days...
until next month I suppose.
^ Very funny.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: AC *P
I took up the offer from Angela but the points have not been posted within "7-10 business days" per the offer.

Anyone with a similar experience?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Neither did mine - I had to chase them up by a reply email. They posted shortly after her second reply.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:14 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by jbfield
Neither did mine - I had to chase them up by a reply email. They posted shortly after her second reply.
FWIW mine did come through as "GUEST RELATIONS ADJUST AMERICA"

-Brian
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by briantoronto
FWIW mine did come through as "GUEST RELATIONS ADJUST AMERICA"
I too had to email. Mine quoted ten days later with the same "GUEST RELATIONS ADJUST AMERICA"
Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Thumbs up Trip Summary

Arrived at VCE on Friday evening, after a delayed flight.
Had only taken carry-on luggage and sat near the front of the aeroplane so was out to the arrivals area fairly quickly.

Could not see the driver but there were a few guys with name cards just hanging around so had to explore the floor. After waiting 10 mins I phoned the hotel and the driver was apparently already on the way. He turned up at some point but like the others, seemed a bit sheepish and stood around at the back of the hall rather than where the passengers come out. Eventually I noticed him. No complaints as the flight was late but I was a bit surprised
that he waited at the back of the hall.
Took an interesting country route to the hotel - no traffic at that time of day.
Immediate check-in on arrival and then off to our rooms - 2nd floor.
I noticed the key card holder had a tick box indicating if an upgrade has been provided - it wasn't ticked, but I wasn't going to ask with this room rate! We did get two drinks vouchers between us.

The room was clean but lacked a few things. For instance box of tissues; only one tissue left in it and not much milk for the in-room tea. The tissues got replaced the next day but the tea-bags didn't.

I can not say anything bad about the hotel staff as we were treated well.

The continental breakfast was ok. Not the widest selection of hot items (only scrambled eggs, bacon bits and boiled eggs) but a good selection of cold items (breads, pastries, yoghurts and cereals). I noted that the cereals didn't seem to be brand-name cereals and the taste/texture showed.

The free computer in the lobby was useful and helped with online check in for the return flight. I noticed that the homepage was set to FlyerTalk American Airlines forum! I couldn't see any way to change it though (e.g. to this thread). I was a bit worried about whether I would get access to the computer as it was in use by a child playing internet games but he kindly gave these up when we asked.

The train tickets were still €2.35 one way. After validating our tickets in the yellow box at the station, we found that the train we planned to catch was 30 minutes late. An announcement was made in English but it was hard to hear when taking cover from the rain. Once we confirmed it was definitely 30 minutes late, we headed over to the bakery on the north side of the railway (opposite side from the hotel) and bought some bottled water for later (€0.50 here verse the €1.00 - €1.50 in Venice City). In addition to water and fresh bread, they also sold some soft drinks, milk and crisps.

Just before the train arrived it stopped raining. It was slightly overcast when we got to Venice but I found this added to the atmosphere. The temperature was just right for exploring on foot too.

The train back was easy to identify having used the timetable provided by the hotel. I did notice though that having stamped the train ticket in the yellow box at Venice station, it wrote a time, date and location on the back of the ticket. The yellow box we used in the morning at Quarto D Altino didn't stamp a time date or location; it only punched a small hole. In other words, one of those Yellow Boxes at Quarto D' Altino is broken and doesn't actually validate your ticket.
Having noticed this, we were able to use the same tickets the next day, but it was just as well they weren't checked in the morning! We did get checked on the return journey which was at about 6:30pm.

There didn't seem to be a great deal to do in the evening at Quarto D' Altino and we'd both done a lot of walking that day so didn't want to explore on foot. Having drinks vouchers to use, we headed for the bar. There were signs a few people had coffees in the bar earlier, but no staff to be seen. After 10 minutes a member of staff appeared - I think they were busy dealing with the restaurant. I wasn't complaining though as we weren't in any rush.
There were two platters of bar snacks - olives, onions, crisps and nuts. As we were the only two at the bar and we were feeling peckish, we made the most of those snacks! (I normally avoid bar snacks, but I had the impression no-one else's fingers had been through these ones). We did enjoy a drink eventually, with my friend getting quite a large measure of whisky in their glass (^).

Back to Venice the next day - trains running to time and the sky clearer.
Before leaving for the train, I asked about a late check-out and was offered 2pm as the latest available. Not planning to come back before then, we choose to checkout and left our belongings in the bag storage room.

Temperature on this day was good for walking but a chilly wind did draw in the late afternoon. As with the day before, there didn't seem to be too many tourists, plenty of empty restaurants for instance, but that may have also been a reflection of the pats of Venice we were exploring.

We caught the train back at about 5pm just before we got cold, checked our flight status on the computer at the hotel and then our driver took us back to Marco Polo, VCE to catch our slightly delayed, but at least not cancelled flight.

For anyone wondering about the expensive prices in Venice, there is indeed a noticeable mark up, so try to bring your staples (water and snacks) in from outside the city if you want to avoid that. I did however find that Marco Polo airport was just as expensive as the city, if not more so, so if you want to take back any Italian biscuits or other gifts, you probably won't get such a good deal at VCE either.

I'm looking forward to my return trip later in the Spring when I'll have more time to explore the parts of Venice I didn't get to and hopefully also the mainland.

For those still wondering, the stay came up as a Non-Qualifying Stay.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 2:11 am

We are off here in May and just wondered if any others had been and any more visits and any info on the area
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:20 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
if i recall correctly, then a 7-day rail season ticket between quarto d'altino and venice santa lucia costs the same as 3 return journeys so, if u're there for 3 days or more, then a 7-day ticket will be advantageous. the hotel's front desk does not sell 7-day tickets, which are available from the vending machines in the ticket office at quarto d'altino station.

the hotel itself and attitude of the staff are superb and the hot buffet breakfast pretty good too (with a plentiful selection of cakes as well as more usual breakfast fare). we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant for other meals. stop pizza, a take-away not far from the hotel, bakes its own quality pizzas in front of u - great value; there is a menu in english on request with dozens of choices, including a recipe using ingredients from the horse butcher next door.

to arrange the free shuttle from the airport, call the hotel beforehand. after ur plane lands, call again to let the driver know that u've arrived.

ian.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Thanks so much to those who have posted useful info!
My brother just returned from a 5-night stay, and I (and 2 friends in a separate room) depart this Friday 3/26 for a 6-night stay.

A few details my brother shared with me:
There is a self-service laundromat about a 10-15 minute walk away; wash is EUR3 and dry is EUR1. You go under the tracks and walk a bit. If anyone wants more info, PM me.
He recommended the 3-day or 1-week bus (water/land) tickets, so you don't have to dig up change every trip; also it ends up being cheaper if you go into town a bit. There is also the separate 1-week ticket from Quarto D'Altino into Venice that you can buy, which is good just for the train.
He didn't have any "must-eat" restaurants, but they also said "Stop Pizza" is a good option after a day of sightseeing in town.
Does anyone have any reasonably priced restaurants in Mestre? I'm thinking tourist pricing won't extend all the way into the suburbs, but of course it might.
We are renting a car, so when we return I will update this thread with my experiences like hotel parking (said to be free), ease/difficulty of getting to/from the hotel, etc.
We plan on spending 3 days or so in VCE sightseeing, but also want to see some nearby cities, like Padua, Treviso, etc--and the rental through Thrifty rentacar was only US$214 all-in for the week, split by 3, so seems like a good deal.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thanks so much to those who have posted useful info!
My brother just returned from a 5-night stay, and I (and 2 friends in a separate room) depart this Friday 3/26 for a 6-night stay.

A few details my brother shared with me:
There is a self-service laundromat about a 10-15 minute walk away; wash is EUR3 and dry is EUR1. You go under the tracks and walk a bit. If anyone wants more info, PM me.
He recommended the 3-day or 1-week bus (water/land) tickets, so you don't have to dig up change every trip; also it ends up being cheaper if you go into town a bit. There is also the separate 1-week ticket from Quarto D'Altino into Venice that you can buy, which is good just for the train.
He didn't have any "must-eat" restaurants, but they also said "Stop Pizza" is a good option after a day of sightseeing in town.
Does anyone have any reasonably priced restaurants in Mestre? I'm thinking tourist pricing won't extend all the way into the suburbs, but of course it might.
We are renting a car, so when we return I will update this thread with my experiences like hotel parking (said to be free), ease/difficulty of getting to/from the hotel, etc.
We plan on spending 3 days or so in VCE sightseeing, but also want to see some nearby cities, like Padua, Treviso, etc--and the rental through Thrifty rentacar was only US$214 all-in for the week, split by 3, so seems like a good deal.
if you want to try a very nice restaurant close to the hotel I suggest you "Da Odino" www.daodino.it
If you have a car you will reach it in less than 5 minutes. prices in the 30-40 EUR range wine excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.