Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
FWIW....From the Hotels ICHG webpage, under "Amenities"...

High Speed Internet Access
Initial Fee: 5,00 €

PC available
Initial Fee: 7,00 €

Wireless Data Connection
Initial Fee: 4,40 €
thanks for the info ... I'll be there next week and looking forward to it ^
^ to 6c for honoring this ^ certainly makes me feel a lot better about bookign furture stays with IC.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by luki_73
A few tips:

3. I highly recommend Vecio Decimo Restaurant (great pizzas!) in a walking distance from the hotel (7-10 minutes, in a city center): http://www.veciodecimo.com/

Best regards!
I agree that the pizze are good, and the restaurant is within walking distance but the place is very poor and the service is extremely slow. I ate there few times and I can say it is below the standard of the most part of italian restaurants, maybe is good only for tourists.
There many better places in the area, expecially if you like seafood.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by kawoh
Anyone have any idea how much the internet in the room costs please?
7.90 euros a day.
Wired access only (no wireless.)
Old May 12, 2010, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
if you want to try a very nice restaurant close to the hotel I suggest you "Da Odino" www.daodino.it
If you have a car you will reach it in less than 5 minutes. prices in the 30-40 EUR range wine excluded.
Went to Da Odino. It was deserted completely. Walked out after checking the menu / prices. Good if you want a quiet pricey dinner. But not for a homestyle bustling Italian meal/experience...
Old May 12, 2010, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by luki_73
A few tips:

1. There is more trains between Quarto d'Altino and Venice Santa Lucia then listed in a hotel's timetable (especially one in a gap at the evening). So double check it at the station.

2. Trenitalia offers weekly travelcards (monday to sunday) for travel on certain route. For a few day stay it is more affordable than buying single tickets.

3. I highly recommend Vecio Decimo Restaurant (great pizzas!) in a walking distance from the hotel (7-10 minutes, in a city center): http://www.veciodecimo.com/

Best regards!
Highly recommend Vecio Decimo too. Went there twice. We had a car, though it is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel at best. Run by a family (granny at the bar, mom was the hostess, brothers making the pizza, daughter was one of the wait staff.) Bumped into other Crowne Plaza guests there too. Definitely recommended, especially for a late lively dinner. (Closed on Thursday).
Old May 13, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Restaurants in the area

Visited the Crowne Plaza Venice East last week for a large convention (paid stay). Here some suggestion for restaurants in the area.

1- Crowne Plaza restaurant. Is the same restaurant where they serve the breakfast. For dinner there is the option for the fixed price menu with some buffet selections (appetizers, salad, dessert) and first and second courses to choose from a set menu served by the waitress at 20 € included water. If you prefer à la carte menu you will pay about 30-35 €. Good quality for the price expecially for the 20 € menu.

2- Vecio Decimo. www.veciodecimo.com
Ate there on friday evening. In the last two years I visited this place several times, but the last one was quite disappointing, because I remember this place in the past was extremely popular. Even if it was a friday evening at 8pm and the place is in the city center my wife and I were the only italians in the restaurant. In the other tables a lot of eastern europe workers dining after finishing their afternoon shift and many tourists (most of them arriving from the Crowne Plaza). Pizza was very good, but we had to wait more than 45 minutes after finishing the pizza for the dessert (an awful tiramisu). The menu offers also some pasta, meat and fish, but I found these items well below an average italian trattoria and also the fish was not fresh but deeply frozen. Pizza for two, beer, dessert and coffee 39 €. Quite surprisingly I found enthusiastic comments here on FT about this place. In my opinion very good only for a pizza and a beer, and if a poor service is not a problem for you. Highly reccommended for cheap tourists (or for 0.01 € Crowne Plaza guests )

3- Da Odino. www.daodino.it
Visited for dinner on saturday evening. Arrived at 9pm and the restaurant was crowded. This place is recommended for seafood. We choose the 45 € seafood tasting menu offering 4 courses (appetizer, first, second course and dessert) plus 3 small courses. Total bill for two 94 € including a glass of wine. This place can be considered within walking distance (1.2 km from Quarto d'Altino city center, about 2 km from the hotel) and you can reach by walk from the Crowne Plaza in about 20-25 minutes.

4- Cà delle Anfore. http://www.ristorantecadelleanfore.com
Ate there on sunday evening. The restaurant is in a wonderful park close to the Sile river (you can reach it also by a private boat) and is recommended for high quality seafood, expecially venetian recipes. Of the above mentioned group this is the most expensive and during weekends is very crowded, expecially for weddings. From the Crowne Plaza you can reach it by car in less than 5 minutes: at the exit of the hotel turn left and at the very end of the street turn right, you will find the restaurant on your left side after about 3 km. If you like you can also rent a bike in the hotel lobby: you will arrive at the restaurant in 10-15 minutes following a bike trial along the river. For the full à la carte menu we paid 118 € in two, including a very good italian white friulan sauvignon. Consider to spend about 50 € pp plus wine.
Old May 16, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
just returned from a 4 nights stay. Very nice hotel and they didn't charge us anything ... including breakfast! The reservation read: IGH Guest Relations ... BB rate.
We got Pizza twice (I liked the Pizza ... however, a 10 minute walk each way) and also tried the dinner buffet (which is a good value @ 20 EUR incl. water and a glass of wine).
Old May 20, 2010, 12:53 am

Just back from a 2 night break. We were picked up at the airport. Driver had my name on a board. Lovely ride to the hotel (15mins through counrtyside).
Great room and fantastic bed. Breakfast was included which was really good.

Train to Venice was so so easy. One thing to say. As soon as you get to Venice jump on the river taxi (bus) and go either to Rialto Bridge and walk around and down to St Marks Square. or other way round.
Great shops and eating places. Not the end of the world for prices. but beer is not cheap.

We were 4 so went on a Gondola 80 euro but only here the once. Afternoon is best time a s much quieter.

Loads of great shops and all the top brands.

We ate near the Rialto bridge in a lovely bar/cafe used by locals. like a Tapas bar.

Train back was as easy as going and on time.

Ate in the hotel and had the buffet meal which included water wine and coffee. @ 20 euro. Good value.
There is a pizza shop 100mts down the road for takeaway.

Hotel has a free computer to use to check emails etc.

Had walk around the area, lovely and quiet. (very flat)

Booked transport to the airport and driver ready for us.

It was a great break and I would say it was a great hotel.^

Last edited by RichardLH; May 30, 2010 at 12:57 am
Old May 24, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: HyattDia,HiltDia,PP
Venice Hotel deal.......

wish i would have seen this earlier. i just had to book 3 night at this hotel. would kind of feel odd checking in though with 1 euro reservation....
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Any word on if they are still accepting cancellations in exchange for some points? I'm not sure I'll be able to use my 6 night reservation in July as planned (3x 2 nights).
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by bpauker
Any word on if they are still accepting cancellations in exchange for some points? I'm not sure I'll be able to use my 6 night reservation in July as planned (3x 2 nights).
You should be able to still get the points offer.

I used 1 reservation, but emailed back asking if they would still give me the 5K points for canceling another and she said no problem. Got the points about 1 week later.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I emailed and got the points for my 4 reservations just a few weeks ago. Took nearly 2 weeks to get the points. Wish it could have fit in our schedule.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Due to my 20K-point Goodwill Adjustment last month for my 4 canceled reservations, I received Priority Club Gold status through the end of 2011. My Gold welcome packet just arrived in the mail. 20K is the exact number of points required to attain Gold status.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:44 pm

Shuttle pickup

Hi all - did you call the hotel for a shuttle pickup or is there an email address i can use please?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by kawoh
Hi all - did you call the hotel for a shuttle pickup or is there an email address i can use please?
Call the hotel - works fine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.