Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:28 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
if you want to try a very nice restaurant close to the hotel I suggest you "Da Odino" www.daodino.it
If you have a car you will reach it in less than 5 minutes. prices in the 30-40 EUR range wine excluded.
Looks great well worth a visit. Thanks to all for info on the area. ^
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at the CP there. Apart from the breakfast, also had a very decent dinner at the hotel restaurant. Friendly staff, nice rooms and the perfect railway connection to Venice main station made for a very pleasant stay.

Rambuster kindly provided cameras, so I took some pictures.
You can download slideshows here:

Venice March 2010
Venice Highlights
Venice Cemetary
Venice Islands
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Can anyone who's been there offer any details about the hotel's fitness center? Is it the usual windowless affair with out-of-order bicycles and broken weight machines, or is it decent?
I have learned not to expect too much at hotel fitness centers, but since we're there 6 nights, I'm hoping to get at least a bit of excercise (other than walking Venice and eating lots of pasta!)
Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:50 am

A few tips:

1. There is more trains between Quarto d'Altino and Venice Santa Lucia then listed in a hotel's timetable (especially one in a gap at the evening). So double check it at the station.

2. Trenitalia offers weekly travelcards (monday to sunday) for travel on certain route. For a few day stay it is more affordable than buying single tickets.

3. I highly recommend Vecio Decimo Restaurant (great pizzas!) in a walking distance from the hotel (7-10 minutes, in a city center): http://www.veciodecimo.com/

Best regards!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
My stay posted on Priority Club as a Non-Qualifying stay 0 Pts
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zabes64
Perfectly reasonable for a 1EUR rate, don't you think?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Truthfully not complaining, just letting people know that it will post with no points and no bonuses etc. They didn't even charge me the €0.01, just had a €0 bill
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Truthfully not complaining, just letting people know that it will post with no points and no bonuses etc. They didn't even charge me the €0.01, just had a €0 bill
Gotcha.
They probably don't want to bring down the ADR by actual charging €1 or €0.01.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:33 pm

My sister did not get billed for the 1 euro cent either. I am heading there next week - looking forward to it!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:41 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Yup, considering we didn't get charged the rate either. I figure they'd pay the credit card a quarter or so for a .01 charge, so they didn't bother.

Originally Posted by luki_73
A few tips:

3. I highly recommend Vecio Decimo Restaurant (great pizzas!) in a walking distance from the hotel (7-10 minutes, in a city center): http://www.veciodecimo.com/
Another vote for this place! We had dinner there three nights (once after spending a day in Venice and twice after day trips when we got back late-ish) and loved every meal... some pizzas, some pasta, soup, dessert, wine, you name it. My favorite was their sausage, which is wonderful, either in pasta or on a pizza.

Have a great visit! Of all the places I've been, I'd have to say that Venice was the neatest experience.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by 2kind
I am heading there next week - looking forward to it!
I'm headed there a week from tomorrow and was wondering if anyone ever compiled a calender of when FTers will be at the CP?

iirc, I know I've such calendars on past deals that many FTers hopped on (eg UA CNZ fare to NZ)
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by bk3day
I'm headed there a week from tomorrow and was wondering if anyone ever compiled a calender of when FTers will be at the CP?

iirc, I know I've such calendars on past deals that many FTers hopped on (eg UA CNZ fare to NZ)
If someone has the time to do so
www.doodle.com helps create an online calendar...
Old May 5, 2010, 11:58 am

Internet in room cost?

Anyone have any idea how much the internet in the room costs please?
Old May 6, 2010, 12:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kawoh
Oh man, I can't remember the cost. I checked my folio online and it is not itemized. My printout is at home in Calif, while I'm in MSP. My guesstimate is ~US$10/day.

What I do remember: There are three options to choose: hour, 24hrs & 48 hrs. You save a few euros by choosing the 48hrs.

My favorite staff members: Robertina in the restaurant and Aziz at the front desk.

Enjoy your stay!

And thanks to IHG for honoring the reservations.
Old May 6, 2010, 1:17 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by kawoh
FWIW....From the Hotels ICHG webpage, under "Amenities"...

High Speed Internet Access
Initial Fee: 5,00 €

PC available
Initial Fee: 7,00 €

Wireless Data Connection
Initial Fee: 4,40 €

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.