[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
I'm not a PC member - how does one value these points? Approximately how many points equal a stay at a decent hotel in a major town?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 7:58 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I'm not a PC member - how does one value these points? Approximately how many points equal a stay at a decent hotel in a major town?
Visit Priority Club for more information. The number of points needed for a free night varies based on the different property brands that are part of this program.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:24 am

Thanks, just confirmed my suspicions that the offer from them is pretty worthless...
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:26 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Thanks, just confirmed my suspicions that the offer from them is pretty worthless...
Depends. If you are going to use the nights, it is. But I have one stay I booked I *thought* I could use, but now can't.

I will take 5000 points for cancelling it
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by briantoronto
..I will take 5000 points for cancelling it.
Don't forget to add to that with their incredibly easy partner promotion [3558] - four (4) qualifying transactions will net 10K additional points.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I finally got a hold of someone, as noted above 5k per reservation. I have 3 so Im gonna take the 15k points. Use it somewhere else.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Did you call the Ohio number?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:32 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Got a call in the last hour from an 801-887-xxxx number, and let it go to my answering machine. The woman left a very pleasant message indicating the RSVP would be honored, but no transfering of the reservation to another party would be allowed. They wanted me to call them to confirm I was going to use the RSVP.

Just as she said that, I picked up and she repeated most of her spiel, and I acknowledged that it was going to be used. Very politely she thanked me, and that was it.

There was no suggestion of a points offering, but I had not included my PC number in the original bookings (intentionally).
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:52 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Got a call in the last hour from an 801-887-xxxx number, and let it go to my answering machine. The woman left a very pleasant message indicating the RSVP would be honored, but no transfering of the reservation to another party would be allowed. They wanted me to call them to confirm I was going to use the RSVP.
I am surprized how good they have treated this case although I have not been contacted yet.

I know the transfer of this reservation is prohibited, but I have 3 room reservations(separate reservation) under my name for my family and friends.
So if I am one of the guests to stay and pay for all 3 rooms(still almost nothing), shall this be allowed, right?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:18 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
I wouldn't mind getting a call from them. I would certainly listen to any offers they have to make.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Got my email for 5.000 points if I cancel

I have been waiting for my call but none came. However at 207pm today I received the following email..

Dear Catstvl,

We are writing regarding your reservations with the Crowne Plaza Quarto D'Altino, ITALY. We regret we were unable to reach you by telephone.

We are pleased to confirm the Buy One Night Get One Night free rate of €. 01 you booked will be honored for your stay. Please be aware these reservations are non-transferable and you must be present for the stay.

If you are unable to take advantage of this special rate and wish to cancel any or all of these reservations, please let me know. For each of these two confirmed reservations which are cancelled we would issue 5,000 Priority Club points to your account. These points will be converted to your current earning preference with Priority Club Rewards. For complete details and member benefits, you may visit www.priorityclub.com. This offer will not be valid after September 8, 2009.

Please respond to this email or contact me directly at 801-887-2932 to confirm your reservations, and advise if you would like to cancel all or part of your reservations.

Once again, thank you for choosing IHG for your travel needs. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Angela C Bouwman

Executive Office

Guest Relations

Phone: 800-621-0555

Fax: 801-975-1846

Email: [email protected]

http://www.ihg.com <http://www.ihg.com/>

IHG

InterContinental Hotels Group AMER

P.O. Box 30321

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

My plans are all set for my 2 trips.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by GVA
I wouldn't mind getting a call from them. I would certainly listen to any offers they have to make.
Email Angela. Its her first name, dot, then her last name at ihg.com.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 3:26 am

I think I will hold out for a bit longer to see what else they throw in. 5000 points is too little... at worst I lose out some points that I might never use...!

Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I will hold out for a bit longer to see what else they throw in. 5000 points is too little... at worst I lose out some points that I might never use...!
I hope they offer nothing else. Did you even book this with the intention of using it or did you just hope for 'compensation'?

You have two choices: take the 5000 points or use the reservation. Why should you be offered anything else?
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I hope they offer nothing else. Did you even book this with the intention of using it or did you just hope for 'compensation'?

You have two choices: take the 5000 points or use the reservation. Why should you be offered anything else?
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.