Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gleff
It won't really cost them that

(1) many of the nights won't be consumed
Like most of these hotel deals booked on impulse much more than 50% won't be taken up especially by customers based out with Europe.
No matter how cheap the accommodation is once you start adding on all the extras like air fares/transfers/food costs/spending money. Suddenly, that bargain holiday isn't such a bargain after all.

I reckon the ICHG won't need to worry about losing out.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
BOOKING extra nights@86euro inc BF n transfers

egardless, if I go I'll try to spend a respectable amount of money at the hotel, even while booked in an Executive room, and be generous with gratuities. My hope is other FT'ers will also follow this mantra.^ ^ We will be booking 2 extra nites ,best rate seems to be 86euro with BF .just joined Priorty club and feel positive about IHG thanks to their choice to honour these bookings
Old Aug 16, 2009, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by nissan motor
Starwood are horrible. There was recently an "error" rate for the Sheraton Grand Lagune in Phuket. I guess it was 49 $ instead of 149 $ per night. The did not honor the rate. Simply cancelled all the reservations.

ICH ^
Starwood
There isn't really a clear rule here, even by chain.

VERY few people got the IC Tokyo Bay 172 yen rate honored. (I did, but only because I could show Orbitz airline tickets. And they reached out to ME because I had been a high volume customer.)

And Starwood honored the Le Meridien Khao Lak deal (I enjoyed my 2-bedroom oceanfront villa w/ private pool @ $33/night all-in incl. breakfast).

And they honored the W Times Square $25 rate, the Sheraton South Portland $19 rate and I'm looking forward to the 52 euro rate at the Prince de Galles over Thanksgiving.

But Le Parker Meridien NYC played quite a few games with their $71 rate.

And the St Regis London was crazy -- SPG honored a few nights without the extras, those who booked on Orbitz got the extras including Mercedes LHR transfers.

Then again, definitely ^ on this one. And ICHG had another of the all-time greats, the THB0.01 rate at the HI Phuket!

Ok, lots of other examples (Westin DFW Presidential Suite), some go one way, some the other. And I don't think there's an obvious chain-by-chain rule. Marriott is tough on these, but then I got a junior suite at the Renaissance SEA for $25 as did some other folks.

Not a clear Starwood bad, ICHG good. It's a mixed bag on hotel rates, we take what we can get, and in the end I'm surprised there really haven't been very many ICHG mistakes -- other than making all room types available on awards from time to time
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:18 pm

Breakfast included?

Does anyone know if the 1-cent-reservation is with breakfast?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:32 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by nissan motor
ICH, I will bring you some additional hotel bookings because you are going to honor the Venice rates. Starwood, no more bookings for you for the rest of the year (besides my free nights).
I had several good experience at SPG hotels, especially Bora Bora Nui(no longer SPG) and the Lanesborough.
Bora Bora was the negotiated rate, but it was still a good rate.
The Lanesborough just accepted the error rate.
Both are luxury hotels and their service was so good.

However, I do not decide where I am staying based on the handling of error rates.
The error rate is so unique and each case is so different from each other.

Anyway, this crown plaza did catch my eye, and I found excellent reviews.
I am sure many people paid attention to this hotel due the the error rate news, and I think that the hotel is having very good advertising through media, especially if the hotel honors the rate.
I guess a lot of nights will be cancelled anyway because many people made multiple reservations.

Does anyone know how many % of nights had been cancelled eventually on the previous error rates by SPG, Conrad so on???
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by CKone1982
Does anyone know if the 1-cent-reservation is with breakfast?
Doesn't appear to be the case, even with Executive rooms. The hotel offers packages that include breakfast for two at an extra €16/day.

Not sure if high status in Priority Club gives you free breakfast though.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by gleff
There isn't really a clear rule here, even by chain.

VERY few people got the IC Tokyo Bay 172 yen rate honored. (I did, but only because I could show Orbitz airline tickets. And they reached out to ME because I had been a high volume customer.)

And Starwood honored the Le Meridien Khao Lak deal (I enjoyed my 2-bedroom oceanfront villa w/ private pool @ $33/night all-in incl. breakfast).

And they honored the W Times Square $25 rate, the Sheraton South Portland $19 rate and I'm looking forward to the 52 euro rate at the Prince de Galles over Thanksgiving.

But Le Parker Meridien NYC played quite a few games with their $71 rate.

And the St Regis London was crazy -- SPG honored a few nights without the extras, those who booked on Orbitz got the extras including Mercedes LHR transfers.

Then again, definitely ^ on this one. And ICHG had another of the all-time greats, the THB0.01 rate at the HI Phuket!

Ok, lots of other examples (Westin DFW Presidential Suite), some go one way, some the other. And I don't think there's an obvious chain-by-chain rule. Marriott is tough on these, but then I got a junior suite at the Renaissance SEA for $25 as did some other folks.

Not a clear Starwood bad, ICHG good. It's a mixed bag on hotel rates, we take what we can get, and in the end I'm surprised there really haven't been very many ICHG mistakes -- other than making all room types available on awards from time to time
Thanks, gleff. I enjoyed this recap post. ^
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
The International Herald Tribune was hanging
on my room door this morning here at Vienna IC.

I started reading it about noon at a city-center outdoor cafe.
On the back page was an article about this 1-cent rate !

Strange, with all this press...Flyertalk is never mentioned.
Probably just as well.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:06 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Strange, with all this press...Flyertalk is never mentioned.
Shhhhhh.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by boxo
Shhhhhh.
It was linked in the Wired article, but not actually mentioned. I think that's for the best.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
OMG,
I was just channel-flipping around the news channels
here at IC Vienna, and the 1-cent deal was there
as a 30-second video story on Bloomberg.

edit: when I checked out of IC Vienna at 5 AM this morning,
I asked the desk guy if he heard about the Venice "promotion",
and he immediately said, "Oh, that one-cent deal".
Word travels quickly !

Last edited by MrHalliday; Aug 18, 2009 at 3:51 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 17, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hats off to ICH for honoring the deal. As it appears FTers got most of the rooms, we should be sure to reward their actions by cancelling any rooms we're not going to use. It would be easy to just ignore a reservation we're not going to use because it's so little money but if they have the cancellation, they can rebook the room. The right thing to do. Personally, I'm using all my nights!!!!
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Nights you can't use.

Originally Posted by tc fly girl
As it appears FTers got most of the rooms, we should be sure to reward their actions by cancelling any rooms we're not going to use.
I thought we were supposed to put them up for sale on eBay?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I thought we were supposed to put them up for sale on eBay?
Aren't the bookings "nontransferable"???
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by CKone1982
Aren't the bookings "nontransferable"???
He was kidding!!

Watch the emoticons and welcome to FT ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.