[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
+1
^
Old Aug 19, 2009, 5:22 pm

My sister's reservation has been cancelled

Weird - my sister received a call on the Friday afternoon saying they would not honor the rate (this was when the supposed story of a hacker was taking shape). My sister said you will honor the rate I booked it at, at which the lady replied we are not and hung up. This lady MAY be named Angela but she cannot tell if it is the same lady that she is dealing with now. My sister logged onto IHG and it is showing her reservation as cancelled (date and time is same as the phone call time period). My sister called customer care and has been speaking to an Angela, and she said they are still not sure how IHG are going to be handling this and my sister should expect a call within the next 24 hours. I never received any call and my reservation is still showing on IHG. My sister is due to check in Oct 8th.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Wow, thanks for the update. I'm sure your sis' rez will be re-instated with all the publicity. What a hassle!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:20 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Have anyone received any formal contact by the hotel or Crowne Plaza?

Last edited by Tak; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:34 am
Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:36 pm

My sister spoke with them today, they are honoring them, and are in the process of reinstating the ones that had been cancelled apparantly. So, with that said, my sister went ahead and booked her tickets and will be checking in 8th October I believe. 8th or 10th. I will check with her.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:52 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
We are glad the hotel/Crowne Plaza treated your sister well and fairly.

Usually, the hotel/Crowne Plaza require some kind of extra conditions such as cancellation/name change/limit # of rooms/nights.
However, I have not seen any actions by the hotel yet.

Last edited by Tak; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:34 am
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:26 am

Programs: QF Gold
Anyone know if club access is normally included for Executive rooms.

If so I'm booking 2 tickets for my folks to Europe in March so they can use this. Otherwise they will be going in June.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:50 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I have not found any evidence of a "Club". Someone can correct me if I am wrong. In addition to mining various Crowne Plaza websites, I've read a ton of TripAdvisor postings. No mention anywhere.

The Executive category seems to be purely a room type. The property actively upsells a breakfast inclusive package for Executive rooms, for about an extra 8 Euros per person, nightly.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Craig6z
I have not found any evidence of a "Club". Someone can correct me if I am wrong. In addition to mining various Crowne Plaza websites, I've read a ton of TripAdvisor postings. No mention anywhere.

The Executive category seems to be purely a room type. The property actively upsells a breakfast inclusive package for Executive rooms, for about an extra 8 Euros per person, nightly.
Good info...thanks for sharing it!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:15 am

ICH Left a Voicemail

They wanted to know if I would be using all of my reservations, and if I would not be, they would offer me 5000 priority club points per reservation if I would cancel them. I haven't called them back since I am still planning and looking at my ticket options. My first reservation is for October 12 I believe.

The phone call came from 801-887-7468 (Salt Lake City, UT) in case you get a call from a number you don't recognize.

Anyone else get any other offers?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by pontiac51
They wanted to know if I would be using all of my reservations, and if I would not be, they would offer me 5000 priority club points per reservation if I would cancel them. I haven't called them back since I am still planning and looking at my ticket options. My first reservation is for October 12 I believe.

The phone call came from 801-887-7468 (Salt Lake City, UT) in case you get a call from a number you don't recognize.

I got a call from the exact same number, but no message.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
They wanted to know if I would be using all of my reservations, and if I would not be, they would offer me 5000 priority club points per reservation if I would cancel them.
Was it clear if the 5000 pts was per night or per reservation?

(I am in Madagascar this week,
and haven't checked my landline messages).

I have some reservations in 2-night chunks next April.
that is maybe $30 buy-out per night with current strategies.
So far I think being based at the CP is worth more than that.

However, things can change with time,
....and it might be a reasonable offer,
especially if an IC popped up somewhere else on PB !

Last edited by MrHalliday; Aug 29, 2009 at 11:21 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

hmmm, no call yet, but I think I gave them my office #. 4 res would be 20k points.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

No call for me. Thanks for the heads up on the phone number.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:34 pm

5000 points per reservation according to the message. Of course they are in 2 night reservation blocks, so basically 2500 points per night. Its not something that will cause me to cancel nights that I might want to use, but it is incentive to let them know if there are nights I don't plan on using, which I would have done anyway if I find out that I cannot use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.