FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
What is the best place to look for some cheap food deals in Vegas? I don't really care about buffets as my wife and I don't eat all that much, but if there are some worthy deals for them, we'll consider it.

Looking for deals for the mid-end of October.
I usually try to plan ahead with a few Groupon deals. Some have been good value whilst others you get what you pay for Found a nice burger joint called Café 6 at Palms Place on my last trip, I will definitely check that out again.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:44 pm

Wynn Getaway Package - is it a good deal?

Is the Wynn Getaway Package letter offer a good deal?
I received a physical letter that states: Two-night stays starting from $299.00 that include a 2-night stay at the Wynn, Las Vegas, two complimentary tickets to La Reve and a complimentary buffet for 2. Upon further online research, it looks like they send out these offers to selected people. I was trying to do the math of buying the hotel room, tickets, and buffet separately and even called the Wynn agent to double check that the dates I wanted are available and if I can book additional rooms and tickets for family members. The offer seems reasonable.
Anyone has any insider tips or past experience with this offer?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
If you can actually get that rate, it's a good deal. Usually when I try to book one of Wynn's offers, the advertised rate is never actually available. But, even if you have to pay a bit more, it may still be worth it if you want to see La Reve. Wynn is a beautiful hotel with great rooms, a large pool and one of the best buffets in town (especially for breakfast).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by zippyh
Travel Zoo has a $115 voucher for BLT Steak in Bally's. They're a decent steakhouse.
The Travel Zoo deal lists 2 apps, 2 drinks, 2 entrees, 2 sides, dessert or something like that but they'll let you order whatever you want and just take $208 off the bill.

There's another deal for db Brasserie but it's not as good a deal. But they're also a better restaurant.
Originally Posted by steviewire
I usually try to plan ahead with a few Groupon deals. Some have been good value whilst others you get what you pay for Found a nice burger joint called Café 6 at Palms Place on my last trip, I will definitely check that out again.
My plans changed a bit, but just wanted to thank you both for taking the time to respond!

Greatly appreciate it and will use that information for the future.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:56 am

An opportunity has become available for me to fly to Vegas in a few weeks. I need a reasonably priced room. Many people say not to use points in Las Vegas as there are too many hotel deals to be had. I'm not finding them. Can anyone make a suggestion on an affordable hotel. I do not gamble very much, so a comped room is probably not possible. Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by wanymayold
I used the Royal Caribbean promo for several times in the past years.
During the check in, some agents will tell you it is ok to use the credit at any MGM restaurants, some agents will say it is on property only.
As far as I can tell, whatever these agents said does not matter. If you use the credit towards places in the hotel you are staying, it is normally removed automatically. If you use other MGM properties, it is a crap shot. However, I was always able to call customer service to get the credit applied after checkout.
Not sure if things have changed recently.
My experience as well.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by iamamy
An opportunity has become available for me to fly to Vegas in a few weeks. I need a reasonably priced room. Many people say not to use points in Las Vegas as there are too many hotel deals to be had. I'm not finding them. Can anyone make a suggestion on an affordable hotel. I do not gamble very much, so a comped room is probably not possible. Thanks!!
I think it would help if you gave more details i.e. dates, budget and do you want to stay on or off strip location.

Prices vary especially at holiday times, weekends and if there are any big expos on. Are you open to secret deals i.e. Hotwire or priceline?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by steviewire
I think it would help if you gave more details i.e. dates, budget and do you want to stay on or off strip location.

Prices vary especially at holiday times, weekends and if there are any big expos on. Are you open to secret deals i.e. Hotwire or priceline?
Our dates are Nov. 2 - 7. (Wednesday - Monday) Budget is a tough one. I know saying a reasonable as possible doesn't help, but I would like to stay in the 500.00 range. Strip is fine, or being close is fine. I would like to be in the NY NY area.

What hotels generally work with Hotwire and priceline?
Thanks for your help!!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You will have an insanely tough time. I'm also in Vegas November 3rd to 7th and had to use points for one night and some tricks for the other.

You are competing on Wednesday and Thursday night with a massive convention. Then dealing with normal weekend rates until Sunday.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
You will have an insanely tough time. I'm also in Vegas November 3rd to 7th and had to use points for one night and some tricks for the other.

You are competing on Wednesday and Thursday night with a massive convention. Then dealing with normal weekend rates until Sunday.
Can you share your tricks?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:56 pm

Wow they are high prices, as aacharya as pointed out there are some big conventions on that week.

As a comparison I am in Vegas w/c 11 Dec and the Luxor which is near NYNY is coming out at $184 + resort fees for Wed to Mon whilst your trip on 2 to 7 Nov is $994 + resort fees. I have searched hotels.com for these results.

For Priceline/hotwire they come into their own when you know the star rating and location but not bothered about the hotel name. You take pot luck but if you look at the facilities and compare to regular price you can usually work out what property it is. For your dates I don't think these sites are going to help you achieve your goal of $500. There are numerous guides available on various forums explaining hotwire/priceline and what the winning properties can be.

So for your dates you are unfortunately looking at low budget off strip properties.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Many people say not to use points in Las Vegas as there are too many hotel deals to be had. I'm not finding them.
Unfortunately, this won't help you, but a piece of advice for other Vegas newbies...The key to Vegas deals is to search hotel prices first and then book your flights around the low-price dates. Rates can be 8-10 times higher during large conventions and that's if you can even find a hotel that isn't sold out. A good place to start looking is Vegas.com, enter the dates you are considering, and it will list all of the hotel prices in town on one page.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
Unfortunately, this won't help you, but a piece of advice for other Vegas newbies...The key to Vegas deals is to search hotel prices first and then book your flights around the low-price dates. Rates can be 8-10 times higher during large conventions and that's if you can even find a hotel that isn't sold out. A good place to start looking is Vegas.com, enter the dates you are considering, and it will list all of the hotel prices in town on one page.
Thanks everyone for your help. I actually didn't plan this trip, it just fell in my lap. But I REALLY need a decently priced hotel for that week. If anyone has any tips/tricks/suggestions, please share. Also, I've never used priceline, but I'm willing to do so, I just need some guidance.

Thanks again!!!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:25 am

Thanks everyone for your help. I actually didn't plan this trip, it just fell in my lap. But I REALLY need a decently priced hotel for that week. If anyone has any tips/tricks/suggestions, please share. Also, I've never used priceline, but I'm willing to do so, I just need some guidance.

Thanks again!!!
There are some budget hotels within your $500 limit way off the strip if you want to travel (found on Vegas.com). From a quick search how about the Tuscany suites, only about a ten/15 minute walk from the centre of the strip on Flamingo.

I found this on Groupon and you may be able to get $25 off if it is your first Groupon. Remember like many Vegas hotels the resort fee on top.

Having done a few searches the prices are really high I don't think Priceline will help you much on this occasion.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Stayed at the Monte Carlo this week, RC offer with $100 resort credit. I came in late (11pm) and was told at check-in the resort credit applied for any MGM properties.

The next day I went by the Mlife (Gold/PLT/Noir) check-in just to double check and they said no, only Monte Carlo charges apply. Was able to eat/drink at The Pub, Double Barrel, Boulevard Creamery and the buffet with my credit. FYI, taxes are included but tips are not.
Has it changed? I thought the resort credits were good at ALL MGM properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.