Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Sorry if this is a stupid question but can the resort credit only be used for food, drinks and spa treatments? If not what else can it be used for? Additionally is the tax included in the resort fee or do you have to pay for that separately?
The resort fee is taxable... normally the amount stated with say 'including tax' if it does.

I've had luck asking for any leftover resort credit be applied towards resort fees but I got the feeling that this is not something typically done and it certainly is not automatic.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Renard
The resort fee is taxable... normally the amount stated with say 'including tax' if it does. I've had luck asking for any leftover resort credit be applied towards resort fees but I got the feeling that this is not something typically done and it certainly is not automatic.
The resort fee is subject to the 12% Clark County tax.

Most terms and conditions say that promo credit cannot be used for the resort fee, but it may be a YMMV situation at different properties.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by bobu
Mirage seems to the exception that it works at all other resorts.
Nah...the front desk was wrong. It was not taken out. It's good that I checked my bill first and spent the rest within Mirage before I left.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ycc777
Nah...the front desk was wrong. It was not taken out. It's good that I checked my bill first and spent the rest within Mirage before I left.
Thanks for the update! I have an upcoming stay at Mirage and could have been burned by this.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Thanks for the update! I have an upcoming stay at Mirage and could have been burned by this.
The ability to cross-charge was nice while it lasted. About the only one you see any more is staying at Vdara and being able to charge at Aria.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
MGM RoyalOffer2016 now available through December 28, 2016.
Do I need to show the membership proof if I book using this offer?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by keyjey
Do I need to show the membership proof if I book using this offer?
I have used this 4 times and they have never asked it. (although I actually have gold card for RCC )
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Anyone else having issues with the Royal Offer Link?

It doesn't seem to be working for the last week or so.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Going to the Palazzo on the 27th of this month. Would anyone recommend the $20 trick here?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Anyone else having issues with the Royal Offer Link?

It doesn't seem to be working for the last week or so.
Working fine for me, and booked through it with no issues a couple of days ago.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Godot
Working fine for me, and booked through it with no issues a couple of days ago.
Same here, I did a dummy booking at Aria via the link with no problems.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Going to the Palazzo on the 27th of this month. Would anyone recommend the $20 trick here?
Absolutely, I've gotten a sienna suite from this. Usually you just get a bigger bella suite though. They have 2 queens so not sure if that's what you're looking for.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:13 am

Rates for the Crown and Anchor offer can really jump around. Last time I used it in Feb rates for my dates and property never changed. This time I'm looking at Vdara, MB and Delano for 4 nights Sept. Vdara has gone up by a few hundred dollars, MB and Delano have gone down by as much since I started paying attention a few weeks ago. So if you book may pay to check up on the rate now and then.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by trajanc
Rates for the Crown and Anchor offer can really jump around. Last time I used it in Feb rates for my dates and property never changed. This time I'm looking at Vdara, MB and Delano for 4 nights Sept. Vdara has gone up by a few hundred dollars, MB and Delano have gone down by as much since I started paying attention a few weeks ago. So if you book may pay to check up on the rate now and then.
Unfortunately, this isn't quite the deal that it used to be with respect to room rates. My observations are inline with yours. If they're going to discount, they seem to do it closer in. A lot of the weekend rates are really off the charts expensive even for hotels like Excalibur and Luxor. I'm pretty much at the point that I'd rather stay off strip at a Marriott or Hyatt Place or something rather than pay 175 plus resort fee for a dump like Excalibur
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Renard
Unfortunately, this isn't quite the deal that it used to be with respect to room rates. My observations are inline with yours. If they're going to discount, they seem to do it closer in. A lot of the weekend rates are really off the charts expensive even for hotels like Excalibur and Luxor. I'm pretty much at the point that I'd rather stay off strip at a Marriott or Hyatt Place or something rather than pay 175 plus resort fee for a dump like Excalibur
I totally agree. To get the most out of this offer you really have to pick your shot date wise. Unfortunately we are locked into our dates and 2 of the 4 days rates are really high. Booked Delano but am considering switching to an off strip condo property for a lot less money even taking into account the resort credit. Once you add the resort fee and parking that credit can look very small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.