FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by Leo123
Can confirm that you can. I just used this on Aria, Vdara and Bellagio last month.
Can you use the Aria $200 credit at other MGM property or is it restricted to only Aria?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by ycc777
Can you use the Aria $200 credit at other MGM property or is it restricted to only Aria?
It was restricted to Aria only. Vdara $150 credit was ok to use at Bellagio and Aria but not other MGM properties.

Originally Posted by ottorockit
Is the $20,- trick still usefull at check-in for instant at the Venetian or does this not work anymore and do you look like a fool when trying this?
I used it Vdara, Aria and Bellagio. Got better room every one of those (i also have Mlife Platinum so i dont know does that also had something to do with it but i used it anyway).
I just gave the FD 20d and said this is for you if you can take little bit more time and try to find me room from the top floor with a view (specify what you want: bigger room, corner room, view or something else).
Don`t feel awkward when FD leaves that bill in the desk in front of you for the time she/he search room and plays with the computer. They first check if they can find the room you wanted and i think they also have some corporate rule that they cant put money straight in the pocket because that could look shady in the security cameras.

Have fun in Vegas. Amazing and weird place.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hilton Diamond; United Platinum; AA Gold
It was restricted to Aria only. Vdara $150 credit was ok to use at Bellagio and Aria but not other MGM properties.

I used it Vdara, Aria and Bellagio. Got better room every one of those (i also have Mlife Platinum so i dont know does that also had something to do with it but i used it anyway).
I just gave the FD 20d and said this is for you if you can take little bit more time and try to find me room from the top floor with a view (specify what you want: bigger room, corner room, view or something else).
Don`t feel awkward when FD leaves that bill in the desk in front of you for the time she/he search room and plays with the computer. They first check if they can find the room you wanted and i think they also have some corporate rule that they cant put money straight in the pocket because that could look shady in the security cameras.

Have fun in Vegas. Amazing and weird place.
When I click through that link for Vdara right now, it shows that there is about $156 taken off of the room price as part of the promo. Is that just a discounted rate + the $150 voucher, or is the voucher taken directly off the room rate?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:05 pm

Booking multiple rooms via crown and anchor offer

Hi,
We are travelling with two kids to Las Vegas and want to reserve two double rooms at one of the hotels using the crown and anchor offer.

Does anyone know if we will get the resort credit for each room, or will we only one resort credit for the stay?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I think that was because of your Mlife Platinum. I'm Platinum too, and the last time I stayed at Vdara, the front desk guy asked me to just tell him what room & view I wanted. What I got was very, very nice. No $20 involved.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BostonBusinessTraveler
When I click through that link for Vdara right now, it shows that there is about $156 taken off of the room price as part of the promo. Is that just a discounted rate + the $150 voucher, or is the voucher taken directly off the room rate?
$150 resort credit is on top of the discount. You just charge things to the room when you're there and it falls off automatically.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by ronenaronov
Hi,
We are travelling with two kids to Las Vegas and want to reserve two double rooms at one of the hotels using the crown and anchor offer.

Does anyone know if we will get the resort credit for each room, or will we only one resort credit for the stay?
Put the rooms under different names and you won't have any issues. You'll get one credit per room.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Are you asked for proof of Royal Caribbean membership at check-in?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Have used this in 4 different hotel and zero times they have asked. They just said that "i can see from the computer that you have credit" and explains where you can use it. To be honest it felt like they didn`t even know or care how i have get those credits.

When i was checking in at the Aria they didn`t see my credit and i had to show them confirmation mail that shows this bookings include resort credit and even after showing my mail they had no idea what my RCC offer was. They just manually added credit and "next".
Old Aug 6, 2016, 1:54 am
esp
Suspended

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The other posters are probably right that nobody cares but I became a member just in case. Membership is free (or, it comes at the cost of getting their promo/spam emails).
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
I just checked in at Mirageand was told that it's a resort credit and therefore can be used at any MGM resort. I hope he's right because I've been charging at other resorts.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by ycc777
I just checked in at Mirageand was told that it's a resort credit and therefore can be used at any MGM resort. I hope he's right because I've been charging at other resorts.
Mirage seems to the exception that it works at all other resorts.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
It's very helpful to know that Mirage let's you use the credit anywhere, and Vdara lets you use it at Aria and Bellagio (two of the better MGM buffets). Thanks for the info!

A few years ago, it seemed like you could use it anywhere. Then MGM, Signature, and Mandalay changed their policy.

MGM is even worse because they don't let you use MyVegas awards at the buffet and charge the rest to the room.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:15 am

I used the royal Caribbean offer at mirage last month for 4 nights, 2 bookings each of 2 nights. Got the $150 twice, just checked out & straight back in. Could use it at any MGM resort which was perfect
Old Aug 10, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Sorry if this is a stupid question but can the resort credit only be used for food, drinks and spa treatments? If not what else can it be used for? Additionally is the tax included in the resort fee or do you have to pay for that separately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.