Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: DL PM
Not sure which restaurants are MGM owned at Mirage. Back in mid-November I used the royal credit at California Pizza Kitchen, Japonais and the Pantry with no issues.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: DL,AA,RR
Originally Posted by bruin89
Only saw this mentioned in one other post, surprisingly... but they changed the terms of the Royal Offer so that it can only be used by MGM-owned restaurants, not partner restaurants. When I went in April I could use it for $150 off at Craftsteak for example, but now, the list of participating restos at MGM looks like this:

Participating Venues: Avenue Café, Corner Cakes, FiAMMA, Hecho en Vegas, MGM Grand Buffet, TAP SPORTS, Lobby Bar, and Centrifuge Lounge
Exclusions: Emeril’s, Foot Court, Joel Robuchon, Stage Deli, Pool Complex, Mini Bar, Pieology, Hakkasan, CRUSH, Brad Garrett, PUB 1842, L’Atelier, In-Room Dining, Starbucks, Grand Wok, Craftsteak, Whiskey Down and Losers Lounge.

I called Mandalay Bay too and they said the only places you could use the credit is Noodle Shop, Citizen's Cafe, 3940 Coffee Shop and Beach Bar Grill. Interestingly, the Mandalay Bay reservationist said it can be used on in-room dining, whereas the MGM Grand concierge I spoke with gave me a list that excluded it, which leads me to believe the MB person was confused.

This is a big blow to what was a pretty good program, these MGM-owned restaurants are pretty lackluster compared to L'Atelier and Charlie Palmer's et al... getting $150 off at Craftsteak was amazing, $150 for the buffet is whatever. Spa services still apply, but everything at hotel-owned spas is overpriced.

Has anyone tried using the royal resort credit at non-MGM restaurants lately? This kind of kills the deal for me.

How did you get this list of inclusions and exclusions? I booked for 4 nights(2 reservations) and will be there end of December. This kind of list will be helpful to me where to spend the $300 credit I will be getting.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:50 am

December 27th and don't see the RC offer available for 2017.

Anybody remembers if by this time last year it had already being renewed?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
December 27th and don't see the RC offer available for 2017.

Anybody remembers if by this time last year it had already being renewed?
I don't think particular promo is that predictable based on my observations of it in the last couple of years.. In the past we've seen it extended months in advance and other times where it expires and be reinstated after a period of time. It appears this time it is the latter and not the former. The only thing that appears to be a constant is the degradation of the offer's quality/savings (IMO), unfortunately.

Last edited by Renard; Jan 3, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by camsam
How did you get this list of inclusions and exclusions? I booked for 4 nights(2 reservations) and will be there end of December. This kind of list will be helpful to me where to spend the $300 credit I will be getting.
We were in the Signature over the weekend and were given a list of restaurants where the credit could be used.
At the Signature, we could get room service or eat at the two restaurant/bars on property. We could also use the credit at a selection of eateries at the Grand (from the top of my head; The Grand Wok, Hecho en Vegas, Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, Avenue cafe & The Buffet)
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Been a while since a great deal has popped up in Vegas!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: DL,AA,RR
Her's what happened during my trip: I was in vegas for 4 nights, 2 in Mirage and 2 in MGM, both came with $150 each in resort credits. I was told by mlife agents at both places that I can use at all Mlife properties.
So , I used these credits at Mirage, NYNY,Monte carlo, Aria, MGM.
One more thing, Starbucks in Mlife properties are owned by Mlife as well, so you can use this credit even there.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by camsam
Her's what happened during my trip: I was in vegas for 4 nights, 2 in Mirage and 2 in MGM, both came with $150 each in resort credits. I was told by mlife agents at both places that I can use at all Mlife properties.
So , I used these credits at Mirage, NYNY,Monte carlo, Aria, MGM.
One more thing, Starbucks in Mlife properties are owned by Mlife as well, so you can use this credit even there.
Did all the charges come off automatically even though you used at other properties or did you have to get them manually adjusted?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by bobu
Did all the charges come off automatically even though you used at other properties or did you have to get them manually adjusted?
I thought you have to charge the restaurant bill to the room to use the credit. Would they let you charge a MGM Grand restaurant's bill to a room at Mirage?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Need
I thought you have to charge the restaurant bill to the room to use the credit. Would they let you charge a MGM Grand restaurant's bill to a room at Mirage?
Yes, you can generally charge any MGM restaurant bill to a room at any MGM hotel - it doesn't have to be in the same building.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yeah, I got an email from Signature regarding an upcoming stay about the Royal Offer credit. Here's what they said, directly quoted from the email:

I have also provided you a list of restaurants at the MGM Grand and Signature on where you can utilize your $150.00 Food and Beverage credit during your stay below and must be charged to your suite.

Located at MGM Grand
Avenue Café
Corner Cakes
FIAMMA Trattoria & Bar
Hecho En Vegas
MGM Grand Buffet
TAP
Lobby Bar and Centrifuge

Located at The Signature at MGM Grand
Delights
The Lounge
In-Suite Dining
Definitely a come-down from using it at L'Atelier like I did last time.

Looking at this FIAMMA Trattoria or in-suite dining at Signature seems to be the best bet.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fiamma-trat...-bar-las-vegas

I'll be sure to order wine with dinner.

What with Signature being mandatory valet parking (ch-ching! without pretty good MLife status) or a loooong walk to the self parking (ch-ching! unless you have some basic MLife status) this is not a great deal any more. It's a shame because Signature rooms at ~$100 a night are possible with resort fee, and they're pretty decent rooms (if you can get around the "gosh, this is far away from EVERYWHERE" factor)- better than the base MGM or Mirage room and often at a comparable price. But $30 extra a day to park a car? Gah.

(It works for me this time because for some unfathomable reason, MGM Signature's pretty cheap on a weekend night I need, and because of a service failure for last stay I can use the $150 on a single night stay. But probably not in the future.)

I wonder if Mirage has a lot more MGM-owned properties than MGM Grand, which is why the offer works better at Mirage?

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 10, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:19 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yeah, I got an email from Signature regarding an upcoming stay about the Royal Offer credit. Here's what they said, directly quoted from the email:

Definitely a come-down from using it at L'Atelier like I did last time.

Looking at this FIAMMA Trattoria or in-suite dining at Signature seems to be the best bet.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fiamma-trat...-bar-las-vegas

I'll be sure to order wine with dinner.

What with Signature being mandatory valet parking (ch-ching! without pretty good MLife status) or a loooong walk to the self parking (ch-ching! unless you have some basic MLife status) this is not a great deal any more. It's a shame because Signature rooms at ~$100 a night are possible with resort fee, and they're pretty decent rooms (if you can get around the "gosh, this is far away from EVERYWHERE" factor)- better than the base MGM or Mirage room and often at a comparable price. But $30 extra a day to park a car? Gah.

(It works for me this time because for some unfathomable reason, MGM Signature's pretty cheap on a weekend night I need, and because of a service failure for last stay I can use the $150 on a single night stay. But probably not in the future.)

I wonder if Mirage has a lot more MGM-owned properties than MGM Grand, which is why the offer works better at Mirage?
Wasn't the Royal offer only for stays until 31rd december? If it is an upcoming stay, does that mean there is a new 2017 Royl offer?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Hollandair
Wasn't the Royal offer only for stays until 31rd december? If it is an upcoming stay, does that mean there is a new 2017 Royl offer?
As mentioned it was a service failure on a previous stay (didn't allow the use of the f/b credit on that stay) so I was told I could use it in 2017, with no mention of two day minimum stay. I would guess if there is another Royal Offer similar rules would apply.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:35 am

Any 2017 update?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

There's some great deals on mycheapvegas right now. 20% off on rooms plus 2 buffets every night on many of the MGM properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.