Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali 5* 10USD per Night!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali 5* 10USD per Night!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 10:35 am

Who is taking resposibility?

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
I wrote to booking.com and got 30% off that I am not accepting, of course.
Curious, whether everyone in the same boat can still see their rates of 10usd under "my booking"?
Yes I still see the $10 rate as well.

The GM Mr. Stephane Varoquier said in a letter back to me that booking.com will be in touch with me and Booking.com is saying it is the hotel that will be in touch with me. They are both passing the buck.
Old May 23, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, the way booking.com works with IHG hotels is generally an extranet site. The hotel loads rates into Booking.com's site and Booking.com presents to the customer.

I believe that there's an option where Booking.com and interface directly with the GDS systems - but if that was the case, the rate pulled would have been available through all GDS systems (i.e. Expedia, travelocity, etc) - but it wasn't - so this hotel uses the extranet. Which means someone (more than likely at the hotel level and not at the Booking.com level) loaded the rates - and loaded them incorrectly.

I don't see how this is possibly booking.com's fault - it's got to be the hotel's fault. Ask the GM if their rate loades are done manually into booking.com or if it's a feed - either way, the hotel's responsible for the rates they present.
Old May 23, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I agree, no one is "passing the buck", or ten bucks, in this case.
GM is simply saying communication may pass
back thru the agent, appropriately enough.

Even so, many times the resolution has come later
in a direct e-mail from IHG. Of course, the classiest response
is when it all goes away, and they say NOTHING, like "what problem ??"
Frst-stayers then report flawless experiences.... done.

I expect we are still a few weeks away from any resolution.
A steady stream of short enquiries to the GM can help him focus, perhaps.
I have no idea how this one will turn out.
...we still have 8-9 months to book a ticket, in any case.

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Old May 23, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Checked T&C for booking.com which say "By making a reservation through Booking.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the hotel at which you book. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the hotel, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant hotel and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the hotel." So I guess we indeed need to put more pressure on GM.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:38 pm

Ok, so it looks like it is indeed the hotel that denies this rate. I guess we should attack on the PC/IHG front then, especially those with high status at PCR/Ambassador.
Yes, but it doesn't need to be an "attack".

Just ask them to do the right thing,
....as IHG have done so many times before.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Cancelled my only "non-refundable" purchase and haven't heard back from anyone about honoring the original price...anyone else have updates?
Old May 26, 2011, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Last week someone wrote a letter to booking.com a nd told them the he will not accept a 30% discount but a 70% discount and today he received an answer that he will get the 70% discount!
Old May 26, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by cz4444
Last week someone wrote a letter to booking.com a nd told them the he will not accept a 30% discount but a 70% discount and today he received an answer that he will get the 70% discount!
Now that is news... so about $50 p.n.

Yet... with many TA reviews about damp smelly rooms....
ok, ok....there are lots of good reviews, too.

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm Reason: format
Old May 27, 2011, 12:46 am

Dear MrHalliday,

Thank you for choosing Booking.com as your preferred travel partner.

We have received your reply, the hotel is now offering a 60% discount for your reservations.
The room rate for your reservation would be USD68.40 per room per night.

Please understand that the Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali is a five star property participating in our Preferred Hotels program due to its high Customer Review scores and level of service.

Their normal rates for the dates you booked would be US171 per room per night. The offer that is being presented to you, although we do appreciate it is not what you expected, is indeed an excellent opportunity to stay in a luxury facility at an exceptional price.

We would like to respectfully emphasize that this offer has been tailor-made for you, as a way of apologizing for the misleading information that the hotel accidentally posted on our website.

Again, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope you will accept the hotel's offer. We seek for your kind understanding to indicate your acceptance of this exceptional price by Friday, 3rd June 2011.

If we have not received any response by this date we will assume the matter has been dealt with satisfactorily and your booking will be confirmed at the discounted rate of USD68.40 per room per night.

We look forward to your reply and truly hope you will take advantage of this opportunity.

Kind Regards,

booking.com

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 27, 2011 at 12:52 am
Old May 27, 2011, 1:28 am

Didn't mail them or something else.
--> got mail & price is now 171 USD/night
Old May 27, 2011, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Thumbs down

Checked T&C for booking.com which say "By making a reservation through Booking.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the hotel at which you book. From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the hotel, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant hotel and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the hotel." So I guess we indeed need to put more pressure on GM.

How naïv... There was an error price and everybody knew that. If a vendor reacts within a reasonable matter of time after the booking, he can legally deny the transaction with the wrong price. Plain and simple. There is nothing to discuss and nothing to "put preassure"
Old May 27, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MarcelL_GER
Didn't mail them or something else.
--> got mail & price is now 171 USD/night
I also did not contact them, and received email:

Comments Rate amended to correct rates of USD171 per room per night due to no response from guest.

Rates see below (was different)

========

via Kayak search, the going IHG.com rate for my dates is $108-$115/nt. How ridiculous. Can I BRG?!
Old May 27, 2011, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by boxo
I also did not contact them, and received email:

Comments Rate amended to correct rates of USD171 per room per night due to no response from guest.

Rates see below (was different)

========

via Kayak search, the going IHG.com rate for my dates is $108-$115/nt. How ridiculous. Can I BRG?!
Got the same, just replied I won't accept it.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
How naïv...
It looks like majority of posters on FT these days are fresh from high school. USD10 hotel rates are pretty standard in SE Asia
Old May 27, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
My friend booked a nonrefundable rate and they changed it today to 171USD.
He chcecked it on booking.com reservation site.
He wrote to them and they changed his reservation to 10USD again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.