Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali 5* 10USD per Night!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali 5* 10USD per Night!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Yep...it's 7:30 AM in Bali,
and somebody might not like what they see in new bookings...

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Old May 17, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
to say the least....
Old May 17, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: IC - Platinum RA, Qantas - Silver
Yeah definitely gone. I can't find it on any other sites either.

Thanks for the post op. Shame I missed out, thought I was in for my first mistake rate
Old May 17, 2011, 6:22 pm
jtn

Programs: UA 1K
I noticed when booking that this wasn't a prepaid reservation. Does this mean that HI has to confirm before the credit card is charged?
Old May 17, 2011, 6:29 pm
jtn

...think back to Wynn Vegas, and Beijing G.
Both honored through booking.com.
I think in the Beijing G. case, it was the hotel that decided to honor the rate.

There's also cases where they didn't honor the price. (also booked thru booking.com)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...hey-honor.html)
and the recent SPG in Jakarta.

So I think it's up to the hotel to honor the rate or not. I'll just wait and see.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jtn
I think in the Beijing G. case, it was the hotel that decided to honor the rate. There's also cases where they didn't honor the price. (also booked thru booking.com)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...hey-honor.html) and the recent SPG in Jakarta.
So I think it's up to the hotel to honor the rate or not. I'll just wait and see.
OK, sure.
As I believe it was the Wynn Vegas who decided, not booking.com.

BTW, Sheraton Jakarta GM did offer to honor all my bookings,
but I cancelled a month later. At that time, I decided
even the almost free Sheraton did not fit for me.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.624 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

They might like it till they see the rate that we're paying! Thanks OP booked for Jan.
Old May 17, 2011, 9:38 pm

...anybody know if we will get PC points on booking.com stays?

Hoping Plat benefits may be there,
but, of course....who nose..?
Old May 18, 2011, 12:24 am

Mail from Booking.com CS, rate is declared void.

Strange / dangerous thing to do this via email...
Old May 18, 2011, 12:29 am
jtn

As I suspect, they're denying the rate. I just received an email from booking.com

Dear jtn,

Thank you for choosing Booking.com as your preferred travel partner.

We have been contacted by the hotel to inform you that the room rates that you have booked were incorrectly indicated during your reservation process.

The room rates should be USD171.00 per room per night instead of USD10.00 per room per night.

We kindly request you to contact us by Friday, 27th May 2011 to advise us of your acceptance to the correct rates. If we have not received any response by this date we will assume the matter has been dealt with satisfactorily and your booking will be confirmed at the correct rates of USD171.00 per room per night.

Alternatively, if you wish to cancel your reservation, please log on to My Booking. If there is a cancellation fee involved, please contact us so that we can arrange for the required waiver.

To login you will need the pin code provided to you in your confirmation. You can use one of the two following methods:

1. Click on the cancellation/change link provided on your confirmation email, this will take you to your My Booking page.

or

2. Click on My Booking from the home page and enter your booking number and pin number provided when you completed your reservation.

https://secure.booking.com/mybooking.html

From your My Booking page, select My Booking Self Service. Click 'Cancel' to cancel the room, or 'Cancel Entire Reservation'.

We sincerely apologise on behalf of the hotel for the incorrect room rates indicated and seek for your kind understanding.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to hear from you shortly.

Kind regards,

---
Natalia Yudith
Customer Service Team
Old May 18, 2011, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by jtn
As I suspect, they're denying the rate. I just received an email from booking.com
I purchased a prepaid
I have now received my love letter and will send a reply.
I wonder if I book a prepaid non changeable then try to change it will they say "thats ok"

Last edited by tinkybelle; May 18, 2011 at 4:12 am
Old May 18, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: Miles and More
I have received it for both prepaid and non-prepaid nights at suite and ocean view rooms. Quoted rate is the same, 171 USD. So clearly they are just sending it for everyone as quickly as possible.
It is not like 0.001 rate at Ramada in South Korea, so I think we need to fight.
Old May 18, 2011, 2:29 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by alexanderrr
I have received it for both prepaid and non-prepaid nights at suite and ocean view rooms. Quoted rate is the same, 171 USD. So clearly they are just sending it for everyone as quickly as possible.
It is not like 0.001 rate at Ramada in South Korea, so I think we need to fight.
Yep, indeed as 10 USD a night is quite common in South-East Asia, I have stayed in Thailand and Vietnam before at that rate (non-brand hotels).

Let's see how the discussions with the hotel go.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I got the same email.
Old May 18, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by Fims
Yep, indeed as 10 USD a night is quite common in South-East Asia, I have stayed in Thailand and Vietnam before at that rate (non-brand hotels).

Let's see how the discussions with the hotel go.
For my dates in Feb (school vacation time in many parts of Europe, so not really a low season), I see that hotels.com have rooms in 3* with breakfast in Bali for 37 USD. Add their 10% off and the fact this this is a refundable rate - and you have a good case to argue that their rate may be not be considered as an obvious pricing mistake. BTW, is anybody here with prepaid rate who has been already charged?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.