Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:18 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
The first 50,000 Club Carlson members to register for the Radisson® 1 for 1 promotion will be eligible for a Free Night Award at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean.

Here is How it Works:

Register for the Promotion by completing the form on this page and clicking on the “Register” button.
You will need to be a Club CarlsonSM member to register. Not a member? No problem, join now.
Then, book a qualifying stay online at www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com at any Radisson Blu or Radisson hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean between October 1 and October 31, 2012.
Complete your qualifying stay between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
When you are ready to book your Free Night Award, go to www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com and log in to your Club Carlson account and then search for your desired location and date. Select the 0 Point rate option in the Gold Points® column and click “Book Now.”
The Free Night Award will be available through your Club Carlson account and will be valid for online reservations at Radisson Blu Radisson hotels in the US, Canada and Caribbean through December 31, 2013.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Has anyone used F&F at the Radisson Blu, Durham UK ? Good deal at 35% off and free buffet breakfast for 2. Is it worth a go if I don;t have any contacts at Radisson ??
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Why is this in this thread?

Originally Posted by gotofly
The first 50,000 Club Carlson members to register for the Radisson® 1 for 1 promotion will be eligible for a Free Night Award at any Radisson or Radisson Blu hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean.

Here is How it Works:

Register for the Promotion by completing the form on this page and clicking on the “Register” button.
You will need to be a Club CarlsonSM member to register. Not a member? No problem, join now.
Then, book a qualifying stay online at www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com at any Radisson Blu or Radisson hotel in the US, Canada or Caribbean between October 1 and October 31, 2012.
When you are ready to book your Free Night Award, go to www.radisson.com or www.clubcarlson.com and log in to your Club Carlson account and then search for your desired location and date. Select the 0 Point rate option in the Gold Points® column and click “Book Now.”
The Free Night Award will be available through your Club Carlson account and will be valid for online reservations at Radisson Blu Radisson hotels in the US, Canada and Caribbean through December 31, 2013.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:41 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Here is How it Works:

I could use a free night for a trip to Europe over Thanksgiving. I signed up. Is the required night valid at any hotel or only Radisson Blu / Radisson hotels?

If I could find a inexpensive hotel in Chicago area for any weekend night in next couple of weeks this would be a good way to get a room over there for cheap.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: SK EB*G
Originally Posted by thepla
I could use a free night for a trip to Europe over Thanksgiving. I signed up. Is the required night valid at any hotel or only Radisson Blu / Radisson hotels?
1. Wrong thread. See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/club-...one-night.html

2. The answer is in the post you quoted, see the 2nd half of the first line...

Last edited by seat56f; Oct 3, 2012 at 8:00 am Reason: Link to correct thread added
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:06 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
If I could find a inexpensive hotel in Chicago area for any weekend night in next couple of weeks this would be a good way to get a room over there for cheap.

It is only valid for Radisson and no other brands of carlson
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
I've always wondered one thing:

how many times a year Radisson & C. Hotels (i know this is made by single hotel each time) usually "recharge" the F&F night availability wholesale?

thank you
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Does anyone know what the cheapest rate comes out to using this F&F rate code for hotels in the NYC area? I'm famished for cheap accommodations in Manhattan!!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Does anyone know what the cheapest rate comes out to using this F&F rate code for hotels in the NYC area? I'm famished for cheap accommodations in Manhattan!!
$70 or $80
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:21 pm

It is only valid for Radisson and no other brands of carlson
It should be good for the other brands too if it's available. Just make sure you choose "all Carlson properties when you search.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: Many
As I just realised one of my wife's closest friend is now working for Radisson, I just booked a room at the 80 EUR rate including breakfast. Normal rate was in the 200+ range.

If that works, that is an amazing deal.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by bodory
As I just realised one of my wife's closest friend is now working for Radisson, I just booked a room at the 80 EUR rate including breakfast. Normal rate was in the 200+ range.

If that works, that is an amazing deal.
There's no "if". It works. ^
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Only used this offer once myself (in Frankfurt) but my uncle has used it in over 40 Radisson hotels worldwide with great success. He only got asked for the friend's name once ^
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
$70 or $80
Ha. Not unless you want to stay at the Newark Airport Radisson which isn't even at the airport but in Elizabeth, NJ with no public transportation.

Did a search and only found Radisson Martinique on Broadway... Cheapest was $149.

The Country Inn in Queens where I've previously stayed and like has no nights available all through 2013 (tip: one can search available nights using the Flexible Search button where rate should show) at all so I'm not sure whether they even offer the rate.

Newark-Carteret, New Rochelle, and Piscataway-Somerset are way too far away...
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:52 pm

Huh?

And here's a general tip: Getting the F&F rate should never be a problem again after your first stay... @:-)
What does this mean, Firewind??? Thanks for explaining or PM me... Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.