Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Did you have a name of an employee to use? Those two times, did you get the FF rate or did they up charge you? I picked up the card of a local Carlson Country Inn manager but if they called her, she wouldn't know me from Adam.
I always have a name and location.

Very unlikely someone will call that person.

I agree with the comments above that the rate is confused with another at times.

Don't listen to scare mongers and enjoy the FaF rate.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AC
The Radisson at Amsterdam airport will now e-mail you for your friend's details after booking. They will then require an e-mail confirmation from your friend that they know you.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mavatar
The Radisson at Amsterdam airport will now e-mail you for your friend's details after booking. They will then require an e-mail confirmation from your friend that they know you.
Just email them back with a screenshot of the booking conditions. Looks as if they're confusing this rate with another as well.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Need a "friend"??

Pick one:

http://www.carlsonhotels.com/hotels/management-team.do
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:46 pm

LinkedIn can come handy as well...

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/hans-konings/26/552/542
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Radisson Kathmandu...

Stayed here for couple of nights. Good room in the New building. I have Carlson
Gold so was "upgraded" to a business room...Not sure what the upgrade
was but it had a fruit basket. Breakfast was included. No questions, contact
information asked. Rate was just about right for the room...

F.A.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Need help for my reservation

I didnt get the time to check my emails since i am all over europe for last 2 weeks suddenly once I checking the mails this mail came up from nowhere. need help.
Dear Mr. xxxx

Thank you for your reservation on 05.06.2014 and your interest in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport.

To handle the check-in process as smooth and efficient as possible, we therefore would like to ask you for your Rezidor/Carlson contact in advance.

You can contact us via telephone or e-mail.

We are looking forward to welcome you as our guest soon.

Kind regards from Zurich
what should I do now?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alpenrock
I didnt get the time to check my emails since i am all over europe for last 2 weeks suddenly once I checking the mails this mail came up from nowhere. need help.
Dear Mr. xxxx

Thank you for your reservation on 05.06.2014 and your interest in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport.

To handle the check-in process as smooth and efficient as possible, we therefore would like to ask you for your Rezidor/Carlson contact in advance.

Kind regards from Zurich
what should I do now?
I suggest searching this thread on what to do next. This property has been mentioned numerous times here.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just send them the contact details of your friend/relative with Rezidor/Carlson. I'm sure you didn't use a rate that you are not eligible for....
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by sonofzeus

Haha, I wonder whether anyone would dare to email the CEO?!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:42 pm

And what happened? ....

Originally Posted by alpenrock
Dear Mr. xxxx

Kind regards from Zurich
what should I do now?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
No questions asked at:

Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney Was given a Studio Spa Suite for a one night stay. Highly recommend this hotel - GREAT staff, terrific location. http://www.radissonblu.com/plazahotel-sydney/rooms

Radisson Flagstaff Melbourne Was given a standard king no-view room for a 3 night stay. A helpful (but not especially warm) staff and great location.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: EBG, Finnair
ARN x 2

Radission Sky City: Asks for contact's name and location.

Radission Arlandia: Asked and searched for my contact in addrbook, however not available working in another branch. Reservation would have to be made by the employee according to supervisor on site. Reported wide abuse in the US as the "codes" where found on the internet.
Accepted as we were not aware of this at time of booking.

Will handle it properly the next time around.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
this is what happen @the checking counter.

Originally Posted by Schtingi
And what happened? ....
We are family of 5 with 3 small kids . I had some. after a some brief research I had this guys brief details from Google. Name Ben Gardeen: Director Public relations.
email:[email protected]. phone number is 763 212 8129
the reception guy asked . Sir do you have any contacts of the FF? as soon as he asked I showed the contact on my Iphone. by the time he was writing I slipped in 20 SF. by the half way he ignored everything and said you have a nice stay and breakfast included. free internet.
Nice Hotel just walk to the hotel from the Airport.2 nights great stay. breakfast alone would cost you over 100 bucks.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:02 am

Anyone know if//when availability will be loaded, if at all, for December of this year? Looking at the Barbados Aquatica property but there's no FaF rates available after August. Any other codes that might knock the rates down?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.