Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:35 am

Berlin

No I did not.

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Did you receive an email in advance from the hotel about using the FF rate?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC *P
Has anyone had experience at either of the Vienna properties recently?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:38 pm

Anyone with experience using this rate at Radisson Blu SkyCity Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda? Would appreciate if someone can be my carlsonF&F for stay in September
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:04 am
hln

I have used this rate many times but lately i am having a lot of difficult in finding availability.
some hotels only put this rate up for sale for the next 2-4 weeks... it seems to me ( radisson dxb deira, halifax radisson suites are the 2 i just checked and found their avail.calendar showing 2-4 weeks from today ).
Is anyone having the same issue lately?
is it possible that an hotel wont offer this rate for 3-4 months in a row?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by hln
I have used this rate many times but lately i am having a lot of difficult in finding availability.
some hotels only put this rate up for sale for the next 2-4 weeks... it seems to me ( radisson dxb deira, halifax radisson suites are the 2 i just checked and found their avail.calendar showing 2-4 weeks from today ).
Is anyone having the same issue lately?
is it possible that an hotel wont offer this rate for 3-4 months in a row?
What you're affirming is partially true, but also in the past the things worked in this way!
What i can say is that, lately, the hotels usually don't upload the availability too soon!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by iamife
Anyone with experience using this rate at Radisson Blu SkyCity Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda? Would appreciate if someone can be my carlsonF&F for stay in September
Keep us posted how your stay went. I'll have two stays in the beginning of the next year. Although having wife's relative actually working in one of Radisson Blu hotels I'd like to avoid any possible misunderstandings cause of very early and very late flights.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by MaxJ
Keep us posted how your stay went. I'll have two stays in the beginning of the next year. Although having wife's relative actually working in one of Radisson Blu hotels I'd like to avoid any possible misunderstandings cause of very early and very late flights.
My senior age friends stayed there(Radisson Blu SkyCity Arlanda)in June.They do not speak English.FD clerk asked a name and location during the check-in,so they called me and I told a name and location by the phone.That was accepted.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:22 pm

Anyone stay at Aruba recently? The booking page says name/location of friend will be needed.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by bobby21
Anyone stay at Aruba recently? The booking page says name/location of friend will be needed.
About the 1st part of your sentence: someone will reply soon.

About the 2nd part:
What's the difference between your location T&C <<Before booking this rate, please note that employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in. >> and the other ones<< Before booking this rate, please note that employee name and work location will be required at time of check-in.>>?
None!

Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:45 pm

Here's the problem if you don't really have a friend or family member. You don't know if the particular hotel is going to ask for the name and location of your friend, or if they do ask whether they just want it for the file, or if they are going to actually contact your friend about you. Reports here say a few hotels are actively checking up.

I have a points stay coming up at Radisson Blu Krakow on the 2nd night free points deal, then the third night on FF. I have the card of a local CC hotel employee but I don't really know her. I am nervous about it. Does anybody have experience with Krakow?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:35 pm

Here's the problem if you don't really have a friend or family member. You don't know if the particular hotel is going to ask for the name and location of your friend, or if they do ask whether they just want it for the file, or if they are going to actually contact your friend about you. Reports here say a few hotels are actively checking up.

I have a points stay coming up at Radisson Blu Krakow on the 2nd night free points deal, then the third night on FF. I have the card of a local CC hotel employee but I don't really know her. I am nervous about it. Does anybody have experience with Krakow?
Yes, in the last months "investigations" have been implemented. Anyway, have your stay in KRK and relax....!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Yes, in the last months "investigations" have been implemented. Anyway, have your stay in KRK and relax....!!
Thanks, but I am wondering if anyone has stayed at Radisson Blu Krakow on FF rate and how the front desk handled it?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:23 am

Thanks, but I am wondering if anyone has stayed at Radisson Blu Krakow on FF rate and how the front desk handled it?
I've already answered!!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
I've already answered!!
Some folks only read what confirms their deepest fears.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think that the notion that some hotels check and others don't is simply a misconception. I was contacted by prior email when staying in Berlin while others were not. Conversely, many people reported very thorough checks at Zurich Airport, but when I was there I wasn't asked anything at all. In Brussels, I have had some stays with no questions asked and others with insistent queries pre-stay.

I think that if booking this rate, one must accept that any hotel may check your F&F credentials although they will not do it with everyone. Knowing that, it is for you to decide whether you are happy to use this rate or not given your relationship with your contact and the risk. This applies regardless of whether you stay at KRK, ZRH, CPH, LON or anywhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.