Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
because the best practice would be not to accomplish with their request, since they're explicitly violating the T&C. And accomplishing their request means to start a dangerous trend.
What dangerous trend would that be?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
What dangerous trend would that be?
amending the T/C without corporate HQ's permission.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
^
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Member

And how is that dangerous? If a property is exceeding T&Cs, then the approach is to bring attention to hotel GM or Carlson corporate to this hotel's practice; just as FT members would do whenever a property is not delivering per agreement.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And how is that dangerous? If a property is exceeding T&Cs, then the approach is to bring attention to hotel GM or Carlson corporate to this hotel's practice; just as FT members would do whenever a property is not delivering per agreement.
My job is to get the deal when I need it.

If corporate wants mystery shops/internal audits, they should send me a retainer against my hourly rate.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:24 pm
Original Member

My job is to get the deal when I need it.

If corporate wants mystery shops/internal audits, they should send me a retainer against my hourly rate.
You should have just tell mlqsko just that to begin with. If a hotel is not complying with T&Cs, normal response is to bring it to corporate; unless you don't want to draw corporate attention to this.

why?
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Why not?
Unnecessary.
mlqsko, what sonofzeus is trying to tell you is don't provide contact information to the hotel in advance lest more hotels will start requesting that information which increasing the risk they will actually reach out to the Carlson contact provided prior to check-in to confirm whether sonofzeus is actually a friend/family of a Carlson employee.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should have just tell mlqsko just that to begin with. If a hotel is not complying with T&Cs, normal response is to bring it to corporate; unless you don't want to draw corporate attention to this.

mlqsko, what sonofzeus is trying to tell you is don't provide contact information to the hotel in advance lest more hotels will start requesting that information which increasing the risk they will actually reach out to the Carlson contact provided prior to check-in to confirm whether sonofzeus is actually a friend/family of a Carlson employee.
this is unnecessary too.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
this is exactly how thing shouldn't be managed in this case.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Member

this is exactly how thing shouldn't be managed in this case.
I agree that is the wish for those who are NOT friends/family of a Carlson employee.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 12:08 pm

I agree that is the wish for those who are NOT friends/family of a Carlson employee.
Now i know why you have over 7000 messages
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:09 pm

The idea to establish a more constructive discussion is in your cords?

If, you would have read the last 20 pages at least, you would have understood that i don't need to abuse of this rate, just because i'm entitled to use that rate. Frankly much more than how much you're...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Member

The idea to establish a more constructive discussion is in your cords?

If, you would have read the last 20 pages at least, you would have understood that i don't need to abuse of this rate, just because i'm entitled to use that rate. Frankly much more than how much you're...
What, then, is your recommended approach?

You are a friend/family of a Carlson employee.
You book the rate.
Hotel incorrectly ask you to provide contact in advance.

If you provide, you keep the rate.
If you don't provide and tell them they are not suppose to ask for this in advance, and they change you to rack in advance or worst yet, they change you to rack at check-in.

You suggesting one should deal with the hassle of arguing with the front desk and/or dispute with credit card instead of escalating to corporate to bring the hotel in line for the benefit of you and everyone else who comes after you who is eligible?!?!?!?

How can you say escalating to corporate and/or hotel management is not the appropriate approach given you are 100% eligible for the rate and correct in the interpretation of the T&Cs?

I'm really interested in hearing your reasons why someone who is eligible for the rate wouldn't not bring corporate to the attention of hotels that are not aligning to policy.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 am

What, then, is your recommended approach?

You are a friend/family of a Carlson employee.
You book the rate.
Hotel incorrectly ask you to provide contact in advance.

If you provide, you keep the rate.
If you don't provide and tell them they are not suppose to ask for this in advance, and they change you to rack in advance or worst yet, they change you to rack at check-in.

You suggesting one should deal with the hassle of arguing with the front desk and/or dispute with credit card instead of escalating to corporate to bring the hotel in line for the benefit of you and everyone else who comes after you who is eligible?!?!?!?

How can you say escalating to corporate and/or hotel management is not the appropriate approach given you are 100% eligible for the rate and correct in the interpretation of the T&Cs?

I'm really interested in hearing your reasons why someone who is eligible for the rate wouldn't not bring corporate to the attention of hotels that are not aligning to policy.
where is the difficulty to understand that this rate could disappear within 24h if Carlson decides to close the games due to the troubles this rate creates (or, in your case, has created) with properties/abuses/corporate escalating/etc.?
A low profile MUST be kept.
There're appropriate ways to manage this deal: e.g. do not reply to the hotel email and then provide the requested info during check-in, eventually claiming the rate you booked and you were eligible for.
Is it fair enough now?

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Nov 19, 2014 at 5:24 am
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:32 am

This has gone a little too far.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Success yesterday @ Country Inn/Suites (Effingham, Il). No questions asked before or at checkin. Ms SOZ and her sister are enjoying their 2 night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.