Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
What I think is wrong in your logic, though, is the assumption that those shared experiences inform us about individual hotels, with the implication that some would still be casual and others would systematically probe credentials. I thoroughly disagree with this interpretation and as mentioned, I have had no question asked at all in recent stays in hotels where others have reported the most thorough checks, while by contrast, I have been asked insistent questions in other hotels where other FTers had reported not to be asked anything.
I agree with everything you've written except the above. Of course there's an element of randomness to the process, but there certainly is a possibility that some hotels (or countries, or brands) tend to be stricter while others are more lenient. Only by collecting as many data points as possible (i.e., sharing experiences here) will we be able to understand these tendencies. Your personal experience is probably too limited for that.

Shuly
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:04 am

I think we have enough negative experiences posted about Radisson Blu Zurich
Airport to conclude it is strict on use of FF rate.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tizzette
I think we have enough negative experiences posted about Radisson Blu Zurich
Airport to conclude it is strict on use of FF rate.
It is a very good example indeed as I travelled there last month and wasn't asked a thing either in advance or when I arrived (not even a name). They honoured the rate, upgraded my room (CC gold) and honoured the free breakfast (excellent) and discount on F&B. This was one of my very best F&F experiences and the only possible reproach I could have was that the sauna is not switched on in the morning!

And to be honest, presumably the primary concern is mostly "are some hotels reasonably safe to use the FF rate if one does not really know any Carlson employee?" and as mentioned I think that the answer to that is simply "not any more". I'm not trying to be pedantic, I just genuinely believe that those checks can and do occur in any property by now.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:16 am

Did you have a real Carlson friend you could have used if asked? A friend that would have verified you?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:46 am

I need a name and email to use for this rate...please help!
hotel booked in Amsterdam and now they are bugging me but I leave tomorrow!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by CLTF
so you've booked a rate you were not entitled for...and now you ask for a name. Well the problem is that even if you receive the name, probably the hotel will conduct some verification and at that point, no "fake" name will help you.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by CLTF
they ask for name and email? t&c states that they may only ask for name and workplace?
as per carlson they have more than 107 000 people working for them. does all of them have work email? doubt that.

and yes, you shouldn't use the rate if you do not have friend or family member working for carlson
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
My experience from the Scandinavian properties: If asked for name/details (which happens almost all the time by now) they ask for name and email address (despite what is written in the T&C). I provide it as I have a genuine friend with Radisson, so it is no problem to me.

To the OP who booked a room in Amsterdam: Cancel this booking and make a new ordinary booking; Yes, I know it will be more expensive but that is how it is. It will be quite embarrassing if asked at check-in (which is very likely when you have received the same inquiry by emai in advance) and no name/details can be provided or you provide name/details of a random person who - if checked - turns out not to know you...

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 11, 2014 at 2:36 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
My experience from the Scandinavian properties: If asked for name/details (which happens almost all the time by now) they ask for name and email address (despite what is written in the T&C). I provide it as I have a genuine friend with Radisson, so it is no problem to me.

To the OP who booked a room in Amsterdam: Cancel this booking and make a new ordinary booking; Yes, I know it will be more expensive but that is how it is. It will be quite embarrassing if asked at check-in (which is very likely when you have received the same inquiry by emai in advance) and no name/details can be provided or you provide name/details of a random person who - if checked - turns out not to know you...
^
Not only embarassing, but above all, you'll be obliged to pay the ordinary rate which usually it's quite expensive. If the Carlson properties are too much expensive (due to the <24h booking) use kayak to find similar properties.
AVOID staying without necessary requirements.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Any guess on this case? I have someone I know at a Radisson Hotel that would allow me to use the rate, however she currently is on maternity leave and as such will not have access to her eMail in any reasonable amount of time. However she holds a valid employment-contract with said hotel, including having badge and all other employee-stuff and access to the employee rate for her own travel.

My question is: Will I run into any problems with that, or will they just check in the eMail-address-book that the person really exists and then move on?

Thanks for any suggestions on this!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by djohannw
Any guess on this case? I have someone I know at a Radisson Hotel that would allow me to use the rate, however she currently is on maternity leave and as such will not have access to her eMail in any reasonable amount of time. However she holds a valid employment-contract with said hotel, including having badge and all other employee-stuff and access to the employee rate for her own travel.

My question is: Will I run into any problems with that, or will they just check in the eMail-address-book that the person really exists and then move on?

Thanks for any suggestions on this!

Greetings - Dirk
You will be fine.Just give the name and work location as per T&C.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
My son and his buddy just checked out of Radisson Saga in Iceland. Nobody asked for anything even though he had a name and contact info.

He liked the hotel. It was clean and comfortable and easy walking distance to town, bars, restaurants, etc. No plastic chairs in the room as reported by a blogger and staff were very friendly and helpful. For 80€ including breakfast it was a great value.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I did a family and
Friends rate in AMS
No problems for two rooms over a year ago
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
I just did a F & F a few weeks ago at the Radisson in Fiji with no issues either.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Stayed at Seattle Radisson Airport on F & F rate. Name not requested.

(Also, hotel has online check-in, once bar code sent to you online, room keys dispensed from the bar code reader at hotel. No need to interact with front desk.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.