Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:08 pm

Paul4Travel, no hard feelings, but I have to ask you a question. Do you have a real Carlson contact? Please, be honest.

Yeah, I knew you did.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 20, 2015 at 3:45 pm Reason: removed empty space
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Paul4Travel, no hard feelings, but I have to ask you a question. Do you have a real Carlson contact? Please, be honest.

Yeah, I knew you did.
mlqsko, if you would had read the last 20 pages you would have your answer by yourself! And guess what? try to understand how can i get some details(that are not necessarily common/public details) I've posted in the last years.
Having said that, please don't ask me for the contact.

What I found completely unacceptable is the self-seeking that some people demonstrate despite of the fact they were warned about some precautions they should adopt in order to preserve a benefit that several people use (despite of the fact they're eligible or not).

It's like the ones that, when they find something, they take as much as they can, not caring about the consequences and about the fact that they're not the only ones in this world. This bothers me.

Having said this, let's go back to the main discussion pls. We're unable to find a common point unfortunately (even if this will cause the same consequences for everybody, and at that point the real friend or a fake one will not count anymore. Maybe.).

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Nov 21, 2014 at 5:02 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
That's the problem. You're really unable to understand the consequences behavior involves..
but I've to admit that, after several posts, if you have not realized until now, I doubt you'll be able to figure it out in the near future.

I want to leave our "personal" discussion with some considerations:
1) these rates work if are commonly used but at the same time not widely abused
2) this rate will continue to exist till the moment when it will not involve more troubles (e.g. corporate escalations,etc) than benefits/revenues.
3)Acting in the way you've wrote, is a typical opportunist conduct. From the set: I take whatever I'm able to, wherever it is, in spite of the consequences.
I'm unable to understand the consequences you illustrated because your argument is based on speculation on how Carlson will react in light of complaints that properties are not following what Carlson has published for the F&F rate and I completely disagree with that speculation.

The opportunist comment is completely beyond me. "Taking" can only occur if I can stay at the F&F rate. Are you suggesting that at properties that request contact in advance, I should not be an opportunist and the way to do that is to use the "hope for the best approach?" I sure hope not because that is effectively a "discontinuation" of the F&F program at that particular property. When I last checked, the terms of the F&F rate did not include "to qualify for this rate, guest shall argue with front desk at check-in." It also did not include, "to qualify for this rate, guest shall dispute with credit card company." The terms most certainly did not include "in the event the rate is not honored, guest shall book alternative hotel at another chain and also arrange their own transportation to that other hotel at their own expense even if guest arrives at 2300 and after a 10+ long haul."

If you want to continue pushing your speculation above, then I would also like to submit a speculation of my own. I speculate that Carlson does not want to to be blindsided to the more plausible scenario that a few non-compliant properties are ruining the entire brand experience for every guest they have jumping thru the hoops of the "additional terms" above if that guest does not provide contact details in advance as requested.

As indicated in my previous post, each of us can choose how to respond to request for contact. You may continue on yours, mlqsko can continue on the course he/she sees fit and so will I.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't mean to mind other people's business, but if I may, I think it might be time to put an end to the meta-discussion where the various points of view have now been largely expressed and are now decidedly going round in circle.

I am also starting to get frankly fed up with people asking various posters to "come clean" as to whether they have a "genuine contact" or not. I am sort of regretting to have answered the question myself because I am actually objecting to a certain element of McCarthy-ism in the way those requests are being constantly thrown at people by those who disagree with them. This is grossly unhealthy, and frankly not the spirit of FT as I have understood it. If people have questions about personal situations, they should send them a PM and ask them instead of playing the self-appointed sheriff.

Now could we please come back to what this thread is supposed to be about, ie posters' experience of using the F&F rate in various Carlson properties? thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:38 pm

You know... You could just make friends with somebody that works for Rezidor
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:39 pm

I work for TGIF but as we were sold in July I'm assuming they will no longer accept my use of the code..? Such a shame as I have used it lots over the past few years. I'm hoping to book into one of the London Radissons. I'm wondering if it may be worth a call to see if they would be willing to let me use it... Any Friday's team members had any luck with it lately? The sale has now been made final so I'm not holding out much hope!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
New to this thread so apologies if the answer is 1000 times no.. but.. any CR staff here willing to PM me & be my 'friend'?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
DanielleJH - can't say for sure if they would let you or not. When TGIF was sold, my daughter working there meant I could no longer use the code.

My last visit to a specific Park Inn was met at the desk with "You're not using your code today" (Yes, we stay at that one rather often, half using the code, a few at best available, a few at package deals) and when I told the check-in girl it was because I was no longer eligible, she thanked me for being honest about it. Now, because of some stays at paid rates, I have enough points to start burning them for either free nights or points & cash nights.

I suppose it's possible someone could "get away with it".

Yes, it's a tiny bit sad this code is no longer in my grasp. But I'm grateful for the several years I was eligible.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:04 pm

Used the code a few times in Asia and Europe. Sometimes was asked friends' info but I don't believe the properties ever checked onmy "friend". I don't use the code anymore ever since I got their cc. It's so cheap to get the points and with 2nd night free, it's just not worth worrying about if n when they actually check.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA
Dear all,

I am a social development worker and in the location where I will be going, there is a significant difference between the Friends and Family rate and best available rate. I would appreciate if any FT user could link me up with an employee as I would like to do a booking but don't want to come into issues if there is actual verification of the employee status. I thank you in advance for your help.

F
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:15 am

Spent the week-end at Park Plaza London Victoria. Very close to Victoria station and link to Gatwick express. Very friendly staff. Was asked to provide my family/friends details on the registration form...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA, PC Plat
Thought I would relate my experiences from a trip a while back in the UK.

Booked the Radisson Blu Edinburgh, no questions asked at check in, upgraded to a Business Class Room without asking. Was treated excellent by the staff on all fronts; included breakfast was superb; location was great for tourism: highly recommended.

Moved to a Park Plaza County Hall in London. Asked to provide name, location, and phone number. Provided a first name (no last, family friend, he told my parents I should use it while on vacation, etc.) and location (didn't know the phone number, explained with a smile that I wasn't aware I would need it rather than argue anything about T&C). Desk Clerk was definitely a bit uninviting, asked me to clarify the spelling of the city of the hotel, told me I should try to find out the last name, etc.) But was handed keys without them verifying with the contact. And without going into details, I am 99.9% certain they didn't verify at any time during the stay, but I would probably sleep better next time if my contact was someone I knew they could reach more reliably. I'll leave it at that. The hotel was great value at that rate, certainly so inclusive of breakfast, lovely location near Waterloo. I was given a standard room on a higher floor, concierge was helpful, checkout staff great. Breakfast was crowded every day but they moved it along in the most efficient manner. I am not sure how it compares to the Westminster next door, but I would recommend it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:24 pm

OT: Do you think these F&F rates can be prepaid if you go into the hotel beforehand in advance to do so? Booked an upcoming night for a family friend at my local Rad Blu next month which I would like to settle.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM; Marriott Titanium
Hi folks:

Staying at the Rad Blu in Johannesburg next month. Would very much appreciate a F&F connection, if one is willing to share. Thank you.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
OT: Do you think these F&F rates can be prepaid if you go into the hotel beforehand in advance to do so? Booked an upcoming night for a family friend at my local Rad Blu next month which I would like to settle.
I have had positive experience with a similar case. I just e-mailed my credit card details and they settled the bill through me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.