Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've used this rate quite a few times in the past and never had a problem even when staying several nights at a hotel in London.
I have my contacts name and location printed on a piece of paper ready to give them when checking-in. As far as I recall I have only been asked once for it and even then they just looked and never noted it down.

I always guarantee my bookings with a current credit card. It may well be that those hotels who are asking for further info on F&F bookings have suffered in the past from people booking this rate and not showing up. Or from people making and cancelling multiple bookings. Then again, an easy fix for that problem would be to make it a pay up front rate.
Location specific regardless of credit card. If you book this at Zurich or Cologne even with a credit card, they will email you.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Location specific regardless of credit card. If you book this at Zurich or Cologne even with a credit card, they will email you.
And Hamburg.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by seawolf
No, again, it is not that simple. I stayed in ZRH two months ago. In my case, they did not ask anything either when I booked or when I arrived. By contrast, they did in other hotels where other people reported multiple question-less stays.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:33 pm

ZRH Rad Blu

I used the rate a couple of months ago at the ZRH Radisson Blu hotel. I was emailed by the hotel in advance of the stay requesting my contact, and after supplying the contact name they said they look forward to my arrival. At check-in, there were no problems, though I was advised that in the future the actual Carlson employee needs to book the room. I checked with my contact, and this is contrary to his understanding, but I still thought I'd mention it.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 3:15 pm

I used the rate last night at Radisson Blu DUB airport. No questions asked. Hotel was full, Web Summit in Dublin. They had my RSVP, only room was a disabled one, works for me, and had a free buffet breakfast.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by onfo
I used the rate a couple of months ago at the ZRH Radisson Blu hotel. I was emailed by the hotel in advance of the stay requesting my contact, and after supplying the contact name they said they look forward to my arrival. At check-in, there were no problems, though I was advised that in the future the actual Carlson employee needs to book the room. I checked with my contact, and this is contrary to his understanding, but I still thought I'd mention it.
Once again they have got this rate mixed up with their own discounted staff rate which has to be booked for f&f by the employee themselves....I knew a girl who once worked at the Radisson Glasgow. Although the discounts are similarly priced availability for that rate was never usually a problem unless the hotel was full.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond
how do you get F&F rate at a Radisson?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by durango67
how do you get F&F rate at a Radisson?
what?
did you read the thread?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond
The promotion you have requested cannot be found, or has expired.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by durango67
The promotion you have requested cannot be found, or has expired.
promo still ongoing. Probably it's something related to your property.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:35 am

Stayed at the Blue at Hamburg airport for the Klitchko-Pulev fight on the F&F rate. Initially I had a booking for Sept 15th and the property did emailed me in adv asking about my contact name and work location which I provided them. The fight was postponed for Nov 15 and on the second booking, there were no questions asked prior or during check-in.

Excellent property!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
...which I provided them.
why?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
why?
Why not?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not?
Unnecessary.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:29 am

Why not?
because the best practice would be not to accomplish with their request, since they're explicitly violating the T&C. And accomplishing their request means to start a dangerous trend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.