Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:27 am

Country Inn & Su Country Inn Denver Airport

Country Inn at Denver Airport.
Just stayed one night. Employees name not requested. I am a Carlson club member but was not offered an upgrade as has happened in the past but given a room directly over reception and the entrance. Ok for one night.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Stayed in Oslo, Nydalen for two nights on F&F rate. No question asked. Breakfast included. We were two male friends and we we booked a twin, but we were given a double for disabled person with 1 queen size bed :/.

Breakfast included. As the rate was just a 80 instead of 225 it is still a great deal (especially in Oslo - the most expensive city in the world). Thank you flyertalk .
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
are there any Carlson employees that wish to be my friend?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aussielori
are there any Carlson employees that wish to be my friend?
I suspect it must be very easy to find a name of a person who works for Carlson and their location by doing a Google search.

Has anyone not been allowed to check in because they were accused of lying when using this promotion? I'd be extremely surprised to hear if they were. If Carlson were that bothered they would have changed the rules again to prevent it being used by non F&F. Years ago one had to get the friend or family member who worked for Radisson to book it for you IIRC.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Radisson Blu Bucharest was very clear that unless I produced all requested information about my friend, they would not honor the rate (this was at check-in for three rooms x three nights). I didn't have the information available at check-in, but was allowed to check-in under the condition that I brought it to the reception later that day. So I did, and the rest of the stay was fine.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ILS2
Radisson Blu Bucharest was very clear that unless I produced all requested information about my friend, they would not honor the rate (this was at check-in for three rooms x three nights). I didn't have the information available at check-in, but was allowed to check-in under the condition that I brought it to the reception later that day. So I did, and the rest of the stay was fine.
Yes but when booking this rate they all ask that employer name and work location be produced at check-in so that shouldn't have been a surprise surely?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Anyone used this rate in Sydney recently? did they ask for names?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Is someone here working for Carlson group? I checked in to Park Inn in Linz, Austria and they asked for name and place of work of an employee. I was prepared for this and provided the info. They caught up with me later that evening asking for a written confirmation from an employee. Would someone here be able and willing to email them and say that they gave me the code?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:12 am

No, they have being silly in Linz. The conditions say : employee name and workplace will be required at check-in, no written confirmation or any other hassle is required to use the rate. You gave them what is needed and they should leave u in peace as they have no right to ask for more information
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Thank you, asalmane. I told them that it's not an employee rate and I don't need anything else. They copied my reservation which says name and work place will be required and we couldn't get anywhere. When I check out, should I insist on paying my rate? Since that's what is says on the reservation.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If hotel needs confirmation from the employee, you should refer the hotel (and not you) to contact the person for confirmation. It is not your job as written confirmation is not required per booking terms. I bet hotel will not bother to contact anyone; they just try to scare you off to pay full rate.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Or maybe they suspect that you don't really qualify for the rate you are getting, and they are probably right in this case.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:26 pm

I used this rate earlier this month at the Syndey Radisson Blu by circular quay with no problems. I got a pretty dark room and no breakfast though. Definitely not the VIP treatment that others have had, but I was also not asked for an employee's name.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Or maybe they suspect that you don't really qualify for the rate you are getting, and they are probably right in this case.
Why!? He gave them what they wanted when he booked the room!

It wasn't written that he needs a written confirmation!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.