Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:58 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Sorry for the newbie question, but I just joined club carlson.. whats with the friends option.. why is everyone looking for a friend.. is there a deal I am missing out on...??
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:03 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by simz
Sorry for the newbie question, but I just joined club carlson.. whats with the friends option.. why is everyone looking for a friend.. is there a deal I am missing out on...??
Please read the first page of this thread.
You will find the answer right away.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:43 am

Park Plaza Victoria, London

Was asked at check-in for friends name and place of work. Nice hotel 2 minutes from Victoria and connections to Gatwick. Great breakfast.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: avios
Just looking to book F&F at the Radisson Cebu Phillipines. If any radisson employee is kind enough to pm me their name / location I'd be eternally grateful....!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mabuhay Miles, Le Club PM
Looking for a Carlson Friend

Hi guys,

I have an upcoming vacation and would be checking it at Carlson. Would love if you guys can help a "friend". Kindly PM details

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by highlander01
Just looking to book F&F at the Radisson Cebu Phillipines. If any radisson employee is kind enough to pm me their name / location I'd be eternally grateful....!
Originally Posted by Raman
Hi guys,

I have an upcoming vacation and would be checking it at Carlson. Would love if you guys can help a "friend". Kindly PM details

Thanks in advance.
Guys, i don't want to be rude, absolutely, but once for all: here on Carlson F&F Rate Thread is not made for ask for name, especially if it's Your 1st message on FT. If You look for a Carlson Friend, please use Your best friend: Google (as most part of us have done previously!!)!^
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Guys, i don't want to be rude, absolutely, but once for all: here on Carlson F&F Rate Thread is not made for ask for name, especially if it's Your 1st message on FT. If You look for a Carlson Friend, please use Your best friend: Google (as most part of us have done previously!!)!^
+1

Besides, the definition of friends and family is so loose that anybody who works for the rezidor group would qualify. Hence there is no actual way of them verifying the names and locations provided with ease.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but once for all...

if only..
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by hallo09
I was recently in Radisson Blue Royal in CPH and they requested Name and location of "my friend" at CKI. Breakfast was inluded.
Another check-in at this property. Again I was asked for the name and location of my friend. No problem when I provided the name.

I was told that a Radisson email-adress is required in the booking and that next time my friend should put her email-adr. in the booking rather than mine (as you may realise this means that the booking confirmation and any changes will be notified to the "friend").
Old Jan 23, 2013, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Another check-in at this property. Again I was asked for the name and location of my friend. No problem when I provided the name.

I was told that a Radisson email-adress is required in the booking and that next time my friend should put her email-adr. in the booking rather than mine (as you may realise this means that the booking confirmation and any changes will be notified to the "friend").
Not a requirement, and it makes absolutely no sense. Typical, in Denmark employees often make up rules and requirement pulled right of their you-know-what to feel important and empowered. I have stayed at same hotel, was asked for a name and that was it. Nothing more. If she/he had done what happened to you I would have cut her/him down with a verbal zinger. Pickled herring is good though.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Talk about making up rules as they go and trying to annoy people for no good reason. My friends working for the company or one of its affiliated parties certainly don't want more emails in their inbox about my travels.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

during my last stay in DXB+AUH I have got a friendly and kind discourse(for other reasons!) with the hotels general managers ( separately ); after some topics about my travels, how to manage an hotel and about hotel's revenues, they spontaneously revealed/missed out during our conversation, that they think that F&F rate is made for Rezidor employees who sometimes, when available, book a stay for a friend or their family: this means that when you check in, usually the hotel management think that the reservation is made directly by the Rezidor employee on your behalf! That's why on 99% of times, nobody ask for employee name, because they think that you've a reservation made directly by the Rezidor employee; about it i could desume this:
-or they are completely ignorant about the FF rate rules.
- or originally the rate was born as a corporate (or something similar that!) rate, but afterwards the code has filtered out, and now we're using this rate in some way that was not created to!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...this means that when you check in, usually the hotel management think that the reservation is made directly by the Rezidor employee on your behalf![/U] That's why on 99% of times, nobody ask for employee name, because they think that you've a reservation made directly by the Rezidor employee;
This is also my impression. Every time I have been asked for a name, the agent asked "who booked this room for you?" Apparently, they don't realise that the booking is made on their web-page by the guest or third party. Therefore, it also makes sense for the agent to require the email-adr. of the Radisson employee in the booking rather then the email -adr. of the guest.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Not a requirement, and it makes absolutely no sense. Typical, in Denmark employees often make up rules and requirement pulled right of their you-know-what to feel important and empowered. I have stayed at same hotel, was asked for a name and that was it. Nothing more. If she/he had done what happened to you I would have cut her/him down with a verbal zinger. Pickled herring is good though.
Thx, but the agent wasn't rude at all. Very polite and friendly. He just kindly reminded me that next time the Radisson employee who booked the room should put her/his email in booking rather than mine. You have to pick your battles wisely, so I just said "OK" and went to the room.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Thx, but the agent wasn't rude at all. Very polite and friendly. He just kindly reminded me that next time the Radisson employee who booked the room should put her/his email in booking rather than mine. You have to pick your battles wisely, so I just said "OK" and went to the room.
I agree. I can be hot headed sometime but under the circumstances - just go with the flow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.