Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just give them any name.
We used to have a student on work experience at my company who also worked part time at the Radisson Glasgow.She told me back then she could get me this deal if I wanted.
If I was asked I would just give them her name even though it was years ago.
I can only think some properties ask you for a name just for their accounts rather than any other reason. The f&f rate is not that great a bargain at some of the properties.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Just give them any name.
We used to have a student on work experience at my company who also worked part time at the Radisson Glasgow.She told me back then she could get me this deal if I wanted.
If I was asked I would just give them her name even though it was years ago.
I can only think some properties ask you for a name just for their accounts rather than any other reason. The f&f rate is not that great a bargain at some of the properties.
Give the name of the front desk clerk asking. There's no way for them to verify who's an employee or not, esp. if you give a name from another area of the Carlson family.

It's a bargain at the non-USA hotels and in major cities!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:11 pm

In the cases where the hotel asks for the "friend" - is this noted down somewhere - and what happens to the friend?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
At the Park Inn Frankfurter Ring in Munich, the F&F rate would have been €140 for two nights. Since my stay was a weekend, it was much better using the Ikea weekend special price for all german Park Inns. Code IKEAWEE Total price €113 for two nights including breakfast buffet and internet. Supposedly, the Ikea Family card needs to be presented for this rate. I had my card with me (free from Ikea), but was not asked for it.

BTW - hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet (rooms on the rear side), two minutes to the U-Bahn. Garage parking at the hotel is €12 per day. An excellent possibility for a reasonable stay.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
If your F&F rate is near-30% off, you might want to check the current Carlson promo for the stay credit, miles/points. Code 30PCTOFF.

my post in hotel programs forum

"... in Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, Mexico, South America and the United States.

Book by August 9, 2011 and get a 30% discount at select Radisson hotels when you stay during specific dates between August 19, 2011 and November 5, 2011. Plus, earn bonus Gold Points when you book your reservation at radisson.com. See full terms and conditions below."
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:09 am

Hi, even though the Radisson “Friends and Family” rate is normally for employees, their families, and friends, anyone can take advantage of it in all Radisson properties like Radisson Hotels, Carlson, Country Inn & Suites, and Park Plaza throughout the world.

I used to stay in a Chinese Radisson Hotels and got 20% discount on my room. They asked me the name of my friend working for Radisson, then I gave them a name whom I don’t know and said he used to work in Radisson. They never checked for it and let me in. For me, some hotels don’t use it as a means to benefit their employees, but instead a tool to attract guests. Anyway, they will have more guests and the guests will save money – mutual-beneficial.

So why not use it?

Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:45 am

When using the Friends and Family rate you sacrifice both the online booking bonus (2000 points for Silver and Gold members) and the $ based points for the cost of the room itself?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by cure
When using the Friends and Family rate you sacrifice both the online booking bonus (2000 points for Silver and Gold members) and the $ based points for the cost of the room itself?
no points at all. No stay credit. Points are nice...saving cash is even better.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC Elite, *A Gold
Breakfast coupons at Park Inn?

I have had great luck with CarlsonF in Germany, but during my upcoming trip there is a trade show of some kind going on, so I had to book the Park Inn in Frankfurt using a combination of points and euros.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any kind of promos or coupons for free breakfast at Park Inn (or Carlson Club).

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Silver, HHonors Silver, Thon Gold, Hertz Club1 Gold, Choice Club, Priority Club
Just checked out after three nights at Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel, Paris. No questions asked, 80 euros per night indl bfast. When I checked out a lady next to me wanted to extend her stay, and I could see at the receipt that her rate was 80 euros per night - maybe another carlsonf user ....

However, great stay, great location. Special rates doesn't seem to bother them. ...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by SeatBelt
Just checked out after three nights at Radisson Blu Ambassador Hotel, Paris. No questions asked, 80 euros per night indl bfast. When I checked out a lady next to me wanted to extend her stay, and I could see at the receipt that her rate was 80 euros per night - maybe another carlsonf user ....

However, great stay, great location. Special rates doesn't seem to bother them. ...
Hi, I checked out the hotel, looks great. Tried to find the rate for a few days Paris with my wife later this year, can't find any available dates. Tried lot's of dates, this year, next year, weekdays, weekend, 1 day, 2 days, nothing available. It seems the Paris Radisson (except airport and Bologne) stopped allowing this rate, or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:50 am

Used the F&F program a few times in Canada on a recent roundtrip. No questions asked in any of the hotels. Works like a charm, great site here ^

We stayed at:

Radisson Kingston: The hotel is quite old, but the beds were fine. It does the job and the location is quite good.

Radisson Sudbury: Looks ok, and the hotel was getting renovated when we were there. Rooms are comfortable, but a bit old. Close to the citycentre, which is very boring by the way.

Park Inn Montreal airport: This was really old and run down. But did the job for a night sleep.

Free Wifi in all the hotels, no free breakfast.

I found the quality of the Radisson hotels in Canada way below their hotels in Europe, where they have proper 4 and 5 star hotels. So I guess you can get better value for money in Europe. But it's a good deal compared to prices for local hotels.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by regtur
Hi, I checked out the hotel, looks great. Tried to find the rate for a few days Paris with my wife later this year, can't find any available dates. Tried lot's of dates, this year, next year, weekdays, weekend, 1 day, 2 days, nothing available. It seems the Paris Radisson (except airport and Bologne) stopped allowing this rate, or am I doing something wrong?
Try, try and try again.
Some months/weeks/days ago Blu Ambassador was available for several nights...
I have booked for december.
The promotion is still not extended to the next year...

Last edited by d4k8eu9; Jul 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by d4k8eu9
I'm trying to book some nights in switzerland.
Using F&F Rate, the price is 109 CHF each night.
Reading F&F Rate details, i understand that "Guest will be charged equivalent of EUR 80 ", but 109 CHF isn't = 80 EUR...
What will happen at check-out?
Be prepared to be asked for the employees name who made the reservation for you. The Swiss guys don't understand the difference between the F&F and their employees rate.

I prepared myself for an upcomming stay in Denmark with "John Kennedy", VP Marketing and CRM
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by d4k8eu9
Try, try and try again.
Some months/weeks/days ago Blu Ambassador was available for several nights...
I have booked for december.
The promotion is still not extended to the next year...
Thanks for the help d4k8eu9!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.