Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by hallo09
I was recently in Radisson Blue Royal in CPH and they requested Name and location of "my friend" at CKI. Breakfast was inluded.
2 recent stays. The first: was asked for name and location, no problem once I provided my friend's details. The second: No questions asked.

Recent stay at Radisson Blue Scandinavia Copenhagen: Was asked for name and location and they called the hotel for verification. No problem once verified.

Full breafast buffet included at both properties. Quite good.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
Edit: Please delete mods, ta.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SK AAR
2 recent stays. The first: was asked for name and location, no problem once I provided my friend's details. The second: No questions asked.

Recent stay at Radisson Blue Scandinavia Copenhagen: Was asked for name and location and they called the hotel for verification. No problem once verified.

Full breafast buffet included at both properties. Quite good.
Could You give us some details pls:

when hotel called to verify, they simply verify the existance of the Rezidor's employee name, or they wanted to talk with the employee?
They called the hotel during your check-in, or after it?
thank you
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:55 pm

Do you not know if breakfast is included until you check-in? Because I see nothing about it in my confirmation email.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Kayish
Do you not know if breakfast is included until you check-in? Because I see nothing about it in my confirmation email.
You have to see your rate summary; if stated "brkfst incl.", means yes!
if they don't want to give you the breakfast, maybe, you can claim for it!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Could You give us some details pls:

when hotel called to verify, they simply verify the existance of the Rezidor's employee name, or they wanted to talk with the employee?
They called the hotel during your check-in, or after it?
thank you
They called the property from the back office while I waited at check-in. I don't know if they asked to talk to my friend or if the property just confirmed that my friend works there (my friend was away on maternity leave so she could not be reached anyway)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kayish
Then breakfast is not included.

You should buy breakfast at the property with the money you saved using this rate.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
They called the property from the back office while I waited at check-in. I don't know if they asked to talk to my friend or if the property just confirmed that my friend works there (my friend was away on maternity leave so she could not be reached anyway)
Damn, i think this could be the worst scenario for those who don't have any "real" friend in Rezidor.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Last week stayed in the Radisson Royal Dubai for two nights. They did not ask for anything, nor did they bring it up. The rate did include a rather good buffet breakfast for two both mornings.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman
Anyone use this rate at the Radisson Blu/Park Inn Muscat? I'm looking the Blu rates and it says the 18% tax is excluded from the room, then below it states the rate is inclusive of all estimated taxes and fees.

The Park Inn Muscat is ~12$ per night cheaper and doesn't have the conflicting information regarding taxes, but the Blu seems nicer. Can anyone advise?

Park Inn = 50$ a night discount with the rate
Blu = 150$ discount with the rate. So the Blu is still the better value, but 18% extra they might tack on could eat into our budget for the days we are there.
I will be in Muscat for three days in March. I wanted to book three days at the Radisson Blu, but it was only available for the final two nights, so I booked the first night (late arrival anyway) at the Park Inn.

If you aren't going there until mid-March or later, I'll be happy to answer your question! If you're going before me, I'd appreciate an update!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:57 pm

We will be in Melbourne Australia in April. Want to use the F&F. Has anyone ever been denied the reservation if they give a new "friend's" name?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
Radisson Blu New World- Shanghai

No questions asked and no upgrades or breakfast.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platnum
Originally Posted by bumpa
We will be in Melbourne Australia in April. Want to use the F&F. Has anyone ever been denied the reservation if they give a new "friend's" name?
Stayed there couple years back using F&F rate. No questions asked.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Booked a F&F rate at the Park Plaza Baker St. (Sherlock Holmes Hotel), London. Rate was inclusive of breakfast and the check-in agent just asked for the employee's name and location. No further question asked.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Checking "friend's" employment

I suppose you could make sure you checked in when it was the middle of the night back in the U.S. (if where you're staying is another country), almost assuring that the employee would not be on duty when they called, especially if the employee was something like a events coordinator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.